WHAT'S UP WITH ALCOA?

thedawg44

My point exactly...it is a winning thing with coach. When he cannot continue to win state championships, he leaves. He did not see this coming.

Since Alcoa's so "down" this year why don't you talk to the coach of the team you follow. You know schedule an "easy dubya" next season. I'm sure you'd be all for that right. Now I'm not an Alcoa faithful (just ask face for radio) but I am a fan of high school football. I have been surprised about Alcoa's fate thus far this season but I have also looked at what happened. Maryville loss - it's Maryville enough said. AE loss - fluke, look at the stats & watch the film, Alcoa wins 9 outta 10 of those. GreenEville (the E is a shout out to the city limit sign) loss - Quality team that looks to be at least championship game bound & my pick to win it. Alcoa has stepped up their non-district schedule much higher than most would dare. Have to respect what has happened in Alcoa the last. . . well nearly a decade. Most thump their chest if they have a deep run 1 or 2 years in a row. I think Alcoa has earned the right to get the chance to prove they can get it done again. I hope they do but if they don't it still takes nothing away from what they have accomplished. JMO :bored:

I hope AE makes it to us in the playoffs! This is not the same Alcoa team we are used to watching, but still a very good team. I still say we win 3A. I agree though that not sure we beat Greeneville if we were healthy...this year. Last years team I believe still beats them by double digits, but this years team, no. Greeneville is very good, and deserves credit.

Knowing what we had leaving after last year, once I saw the schedule come out I said Alcoa could very well be the first 5-5 regular season state champion in a long time if not ever. At the time I didnt know what Cleveland, AE or Fulton had/has but knew we were in for a battle with Maryville and Greeneville. Its been mentioned before though, Maryville in '00 dropped the first 4 games of the season and then went on a nice lil state title winning streak. If we play together and play well, Alcoa can and probably will still be sitting in Cookeville.

alcoa is 2-3. what's up? you can see the loss to maryville, but getting drummed by AE and greenville. come on guys you are one of the top 2 programs in the history of tennessee high school football. what's going on over there in east tennessee?. i'm not dissing you guy's. i just want to know, what's up? RESPECT TO THE F-5 for all you've accomplished.

What is going on in ETN is since the start of the Ballard era at Greeneville 3 years ago the Greeneville football team has become a major player in HS Football. Its all from hard work from the bottom to the top of the program. Alcoa is a great team with great history but they ran into a very physical team that is hard to beat on any given Friday no matter the opponent.

Knowing what we had leaving after last year, once I saw the schedule come out I said Alcoa could very well be the first 5-5 regular season state champion in a long time if not ever. At the time I didnt know what Cleveland, AE or Fulton had/has but knew we were in for a battle with Maryville and Greeneville. Its been mentioned before though, Maryville in '00 dropped the first 4 games of the season and then went on a nice lil state title winning streak. If we play together and play well, Alcoa can and probably will still be sitting in Cookeville.

I don't know how many times a regular season went 5-5 & went on to win a state title but I know it happened once for sure not to long ago. Livingston Academy went 5-5 & won a gold ball obviously with a final record of 10-5.

I don't know how many times a regular season went 5-5 & went on to win a state title but I know it happened once for sure not to long ago. Livingston Academy went 5-5 & won a gold ball obviously with a final record of 10-5.

If Alcoa's regular season record ends up at 5-5, they will NOT with their eighth straight championship, IMO....7-3 should be right if they take care of business and play ALCOA football...

Edited by F5seekshelter

Losing Koko and Hambrick being hurt has killed Alcoa. Another thing that has hurt Alcoa is they don't have a real stud QB.Wall has a chance to be good but he is still learning. During their title run you had Joey Figler,Randall Cobb,Austin Tallent and the guy who Quarterbacked the 2008 team. All those kids were really good.

Edited by REBELRON

Losing Koko and Hambrick being hurt has killed Alcoa. Another thing that has hurt Alcoa is they don't have a real stud QB.Wall has a chance to be good but he is still learning. During their title run you had Joey Figler,Randall Cobb,Austin Tallent and the guy who Quarterbacked the 2008 team. All those kids were really good.

That would be Chase James....