Smyrna vs Franklin (video highlights)

WilcoTNSports

Great job as always. Excellent equipment and editing.

Question...I stopped at the 2:37 mark of the "Second half/Overtime" piece. On the fence in front of the Franklin grandstands are two signs. One says "Beat the Bulldogs." What does the other one say?

Guess since I started this monstronsity, I should end it. I was so interested in the second half I really didn't look too hard at the first half video. However, it is more than clear from the first half video that the sign said, clearly, "Heck yeah for homecoming."

I never intended for the venom that has been spewed to become a part of the discussion, I was just looking for either clarification or explaination.

As for the sign, I saw it. It said Heck Yeah for homecoming.

Not to step in to your little pee match, but "Heck Yeah" is a euphemism for "He$% Yes. Not much for showing the class of a school and not much of an argument to excuse poor choices. That choice of wording is better suited for NASCAR when bubba asks billy bob, "do you want another beer?" "He$% yeah!"

On a personal experience note, I used to follow a metro team pretty close. They traveled to Franklin to play. When the team was headed to the locker room, the n-word taunts were everywhere. Sounds like Franklin still has trouble with fan behavior and the red neck rebel reputation.

And i am not eubanks or taco either.

Not to step in to your little pee match, but "Heck Yeah" is a euphemism for "He$% Yes. Not much for showing the class of a school and not much of an argument to excuse poor choices. That choice of wording is better suited for NASCAR when bubba asks billy bob, "do you want another beer?" "He$% yeah!"

On a personal experience note, I used to follow a metro team pretty close. They traveled to Franklin to play. When the team was headed to the locker room, the n-word taunts were everywhere. Sounds like Franklin still has trouble with fan behavior and the red neck rebel reputation.

And i am not eubanks or taco either.

Oh man, you're right, that sign really was meant to say h*** yeah, they didn't really mean heck. I guess every time you say dang you mean d***, every time you say shoot you mean to say s***, and every time you say bottom, butt or any other form of the word, you really mean a**. What an awful person you must be for saying dang, shoot, and bottom. We know what you really mean :o . Man, those Franklin kids are real trouble makers, writing heck on a sign. WOOOOO, big deal.

As for the behavior you saw displayed whenever your team came to play, I am embarrassed. Once again, however, I would be willing to bet that it is that same group of kids I was talking about before. That less than 10% group. I hate that they give Franklin a bad image and wish they would stop, but don't say that the whole school is like that please. It's not. It's that one group, give and take a few.

Not to jump on the bandwagon here but when we played them in 04 at the state championships a few were saying some things. I mean it could of been no more then 10 people but still I really remember this.

As we were leaving... I was right behind a group of them all I hear is those MFers cheated, there is no way they beat us like that, they live here this isn't fair, and F those N****s!

I almost said something then I remembered I was so pregnant I might go into labor because they made me mad. That was my JR year and shoot if we were going to cheat I guess we would of done it my freshman yr when we went to the ship and lost to Brentwood, or my sophomore year when we lost to Germantown. Like seriously they did not play well that night and they couldn't take it. What is more shocking was the N word comment because we lost most of our black people after my freshman year due to rezoning.

Maybe the only reason I remember it is because when I think of Franklin as in the city.. I think of what a nice area that is- but when I seen the school that night I thought of their poor behavior. I don't have nothing against them now and I know that's not all the kids just a very small amount but I guess those kids need to figure out money doesn't give you everything and it doesn't make you better then anyone else. Good luck FHS on the rest of the year!!