Public school coaches told not to pray

pioneer95

A coach can't pray "outside of school hours".............Gosh I hope none of them go to church with some of their students....

Sounds to me like Sumner County Schools has a policy in place violating Freedom of Speech......

THIS IS A DISGRACE!!!.....

PRAY ON LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!!!!!!....

Edited by STARSNBARS
  • Upvote 1

This is one of the prime reasons I have so much respect for teachers and coaches. Over the years, coaches and teachers have been put under more and more limitations. It seems as though the freedom of speech and freedom of religion doesn't apply if you are praying to God. From what I read this was not organized by the coaches themselves but by the students; therefore, they did follow the separatioin of church and state. Pray on coaches....pray on!

This is ONLY a problem because of the 80 percent of Americans whom believe in God, only about 10 percent of them (if that much) are activists. The other 70 percent or so dont ever talk to their congressmen, senators, news papers, news stations, etc. The silent majority needs to WAKE UP! Stop being complacent, while all OUR freedoms are being trampled on by a select few (and the antichrist ACLU).

No one is talking about the first amendment rights of the coaches. They are not to lead or participate in prayer WITH the players or students. If they feel the need to bow their head, talk to their GOD, away from students and players, they should have every right to do so. And if the law says different, then refer to my first paragraph, it needs to be changed. Just because something is law does not make it right.

Edited by clubonlyforus

No one is talking about the first amendment rights of the coaches. They are not to lead or participate in prayer WITH the players or students.

My point is this...."outside school hours" is bunk....Let's say one of those coaches is a Sunday school teacher....So he or she, is not going to be allowed to pray WITH players or students "outside school hours" inside a Sunday school classroom??.... :unsure:

This is ONLY a problem because of the 80 percent of Americans whom believe in God, only about 10 percent of them (if that much) are activists. The other 70 percent or so dont ever talk to their congressmen, senators, news papers, news stations, etc. The silent majority needs to WAKE UP! Stop being complacent, while all OUR freedoms are being trampled on by a select few (and the antichrist ACLU).

No one is talking about the first amendment rights of the coaches. They are not to lead or participate in prayer WITH the players or students. If they feel the need to bow their head, talk to their GOD, away from students and players, they should have every right to do so. And if the law says different, then refer to my first paragraph, it needs to be changed. Just because something is law does not make it right.

I couldn't AGREE MORE!!...I for one have HAD IT!! Please also know that the Henry County High School football team could also be refered to as the "Praying Patriots"! After EVERY game..Win or Lose...the Patriots hold hands, surrounded by coaches, families, fans, supporters, and cheerleaders and cite what's commonly refered to as the "Lord's Prayer" down on the field, whether at home or on the road in fair weather or foul! This is not only a tradition passed down from class to class...it's a right afforded them by the constitution that governs the land in which the very school resides!

I couldn't AGREE MORE!!...I for one have HAD IT!! Please also know that the Henry County High School football team could also be refered to as the "Praying Patriots"! After EVERY game..Win or Lose...the Patriots hold hands, surrounded by coaches, families, fans, supporters, and cheerleaders and cite what's commonly refered to as the "Lord's Prayer" down on the field, whether at home or on the road in fair weather or foul! This is not only a tradition passed down from class to class...it's a right afforded them by the constitution that governs the land in which the very school resides!

God Bless QBClubPrez!!!!.....We do something similar at Mairvul.... :thumb:

We do the same at Cleveland. As well as most of the schools around us! Good to know we are not the only ones!

Same at DB. Just remember, it only takes one person to file a complaint, but they will have to find 12 jurors in the County that agree with them to get a verdict. I dont think that will happen in East Tennessee....Pray on boys!

Same at DB. Just remember, it only takes one person to file a complaint, but they will have to find 12 jurors in the County that agree with them to get a verdict. I dont think that will happen in East Tennessee....Pray on boys!

Very true! In Soddy Daisy last year, one single person complained about the praying over the intercom at the start of the game and after that it was ban. But it backfired on that person because the students came together and had their prayer on the field before the game and welcomed anyone else to join them. It was very uplifting to see almost everyone in the stands from both sides empty out onto the field.

Very true! In Soddy Daisy last year, one single person complained about the praying over the intercom at the start of the game and after that it was ban. But it backfired on that person because the students came together and had their prayer on the field before the game and welcomed anyone else to join them. It was very uplifting to see almost everyone in the stands from both sides empty out onto the field.

That is awesome...I had heard that it happened but I did not know which schools were involved.