Upcoming - Indy vs. Franklin

notredame

So the big game is upcoming and I will be the first to admit applause to INDY and Coach Dyson, you have surprised me and a few others -

alot of thought has gone into the INDY vs. Franklin game and some of it i already posted but it finally hit me

HOW indy CAN WIN...

1. Thier QB tandem of Thompson/Swaze are the key - they must be able to pass the ball and get some yards on the ground...Now i am not talking 200 plus yars in the air but enough to keep the sticks moving and the Rebs D honest.. Also can some one tell me how many INT's Indy has thrown this year??? Or INT's to pass attempts ?

If they throw 2 INT - Franklin wins

2. If FHS gets up early in the game will they get into the EAGLES head

go INDY !!!!!

Franklin's Defense won't let Indy score a TD, but because Indy has a great kicker they might manage a fieldgoal...as long as the Rebels Offense can fix their turnover and penalty problems, they'll win the game. If they have too many turnovers, or any turnovers returned for Touchdowns than this might be a tougher win for Franklin than it will be otherwise.

Franklin-17, Indy-6

Indy must keep there turnovers down to have a chance in this game, which has been problem this year for them. Also adam thompson must take most of the snaps at qb as well, i believe he gives indy a much better chance to win. And put swayze in with some wildcat packages. There defense will give the rebels trouble and keep them in the game no matter what.

Wont give a score yet caus we have to worry about another team this weak (no worries though). Rebels cant wait for next week.

Rebel D too much for a bad offense. Those Eagles have not seen a offense that throws the ball like the REBS and our QB.

Game wont be as close as you guys think!

grasshoper - correct FHS has to take care of biz this week, wrong about all the rest of your playful banter....

Indy offense is not as bad as you and some others may think . . . it get the job done and has a very good running game that wont stand out , but gets it done - now yes the key as i mentioned is INDY needs to complete some passes and cant afford 2 plus INT's if it wants to win. . . We may have not seen a QB like Matt, but you have not seen a team get to a sack a QB and a secondary like INDY...

I counted out INDY before the seaon and you FHS folks are as well , but be careful of this team...

another key to this game is if FRANKLIN scores early - will it get in INDYS head of years gone past ????

Yikes , i am afraid if this does happen 34 - 3 FHS

But i see INDY ggoing against the odds like they have all season - EAGLES SOAR 20 - 10

grasshoper - correct FHS has to take care of biz this week, wrong about all the rest of your playful banter....

Indy offense is not as bad as you and some others may think . . . it get the job done and has a very good running game that wont stand out , but gets it done - now yes the key as i mentioned is INDY needs to complete some passes and cant afford 2 plus INT's if it wants to win. . . We may have not seen a QB like Matt, but you have not seen a team get to a sack a QB and a secondary like INDY...

I counted out INDY before the seaon and you FHS folks are as well , but be careful of this team...

another key to this game is if FRANKLIN scores early - will it get in INDYS head of years gone past ????

But i see INDY ggoing against the odds like they have all season - EAGLES SOAR 20 - 10

Indy will win this one in another low scoring game. 10-7

my name is not grasshoper! You said it first. :roflol:

Wish we playin this game this week. Will be hyped up next week! No Eagles soaring only rebels rolling!

Wont give a score yet caus we have to worry about another team this weak (no worries though). Rebels cant wait for next week.

Rebel D too much for a bad offense. Those Eagles have not seen a offense that throws the ball like the REBS and our QB.

Are you referring to the rebels offense of the first two weeks? Because since then they haven't done jack squat against a decent team. The main factor there is penalties, though. If the offense can cut down on the penalties, perhaps the offense of weeks one and two will make a comeback. However, until this offense becomes more disciplined, I certainly would not say that the offense is too much for Indy. Now, that's not to say that the rebels won't come out with a W in this one, which I think they will. All I'm saying is that the rebel O hasn't been as good as you're making them out to be, at least in recent weeks. The talent is there, great potential. We've seen it already. It just left whenever the D decided to show up. As of recent, they've been doing just enough to get by aside from the ravenwood game, which was also sloppy even if 34 points went on the board. You may be right in that no one they've played can throw as well as Franklin does on a good day, but they've certainly faced more productive offenses (Blackman anyone?). Lookin forward to this matchup. Should be a good one. Go Rebels.

Edited by thepylon

This is a joke. Yeah your QB must be kinda good if hes going to Syracuse but still pretty overated. His biggest problem this year is that he has no talent around him. The rebels are deffinitly down big time in the talent deparment this year compared to the past. Im pretty sure the indy d isnt gunna loose to much sleep over this supposed high power offense that just dosnt produce in points during there games and just has a bunch of turnovers.

This is a joke. Yeah your QB must be kinda good if hes going to Syracuse but still pretty overated. His biggest problem this year is that he has no talent around him. The rebels are deffinitly down big time in the talent deparment this year compared to the past. Im pretty sure the indy d isnt gunna loose to much sleep over this supposed high power offense that just dosnt produce in points during there games and just has a bunch of turnovers.

No, what's a joke is Indy's offense. If Franklin QB is only kinda good and he's got a D1 offer and numerous other D1 looks I would love to hear your assessment of Indy's quarterback, or any other player in the district for that matter (him and Foster are the only 2 I know of with D1 offers). If you had actually watched the Rebels this year, I think your comments might be a little different. To say the QB has no around him is an ignorant statement, as the Rebels return nearly all of their main playmakers (including their top 2 receivers) back from last year aside from their running back. And the running back they have this year is averaging over 100 yards a game so I don't think they are lacking in talent their. Does the Franklin offense have a major problem with penalties or turnovers? Yes. Are they an offense Indy should not worry about? No. As a Franklin fan, I hope Indy will overlook them.....they will lose by 20. The Indy defense better be well prepared next Friday because I don't see Indy's offense putting up more than 3 against a stout Rebel defense.

No, what's a joke is Indy's offense. If Franklin QB is only kinda good and he's got a D1 offer and numerous other D1 looks I would love to hear your assessment of Indy's quarterback, or any other player in the district for that matter (him and Foster are the only 2 I know of with D1 offers). If you had actually watched the Rebels this year, I think your comments might be a little different. To say the QB has no around him is an ignorant statement, as the Rebels return nearly all of their main playmakers (including their top 2 receivers) back from last year aside from their running back. And the running back they have this year is averaging over 100 yards a game so I don't think they are lacking in talent their. Does the Franklin offense have a major problem with penalties or turnovers? Yes. Are they an offense Indy should not worry about? No. As a Franklin fan, I hope Indy will overlook them.....they will lose by 20. The Indy defense better be well prepared next Friday because I don't see Indy's offense putting up more than 3 against a stout Rebel defense.

your wrong when you state FHS should not worry about the InDY offense- no INDY does not have the razzle and dazzle but they are clicking of late on O and you are WAY wrong when you say the stout Franklin D- Yes your D is good but the stout Defense is from INDY.... I have talked to a few of the local experts from the Wilco area and they say that they D of INDY is for real and that good- in -fact coach S from Blackman again commented on the INDY D this week

lets see FHS

PA

the gooseegs are the powerhouses of boro and McGavock

lets look at yards allowed PG for REBS

pass rush

yards allowed rebs per game

pass - rush

12 241

131 189

42 45

42 58

67 21

287 196

208 209