Upcoming - Indy vs. Franklin

notredame

Of course it will be a great atmosphere considering indy has one of the best student sections in the state. Id like to know of one thats better. Franklin is just trying to act like they have a decent one by copying with the blackout when they actually always have a terrible student section. No matter what the indy faithful is always repn

Riverdale, Mt. Juliet, Oakland, Maryville, Ooltewah, are a few that come to mind that blows Indy's student section away.

You might want to travel a little before you declare you have one of the best student sections in the state.

Why in the world would Independence want to do a white our for a home game? Franklin will be wearing all white. A white out is only smart when the HOME team is also wearing white. Ignorance.

This is for sure going to be a great game. Independence is always a hostile place to play, but not one of the best in the state. Ravenwood years ago was great, and Indy can't hold a candle to The Pit in Lincoln county, Alcoa, or Maryville, or any of the top Rutherford County teams. Just another glance of Williamson County vauntedness.

As for the actual football game, it's on like Donkey Kong. Rumor has it that the Indy coaches pulled a "Eubanks" and painted a sign and hung it on the fence over there. Way to go, that will win you the game :roflol:

I made my prediction early in the week. This will be a low scoring game, Franklin will come out on top, and Indy will try to pull their tricks with special teams.

One last thought, when you're the daddy high school of the county, you don't copy anyone.....they copy you.

what does pulling a "Eubanks" mean?

Really Franklin people? I am sick of getting on here and in every thread about Franklin, all of the Franklin folks say the game they're in is a guaranteed win. Guess what?! THERE ARE NO GUARANTEES. This cocky attitude isn't helping anything. I am a firm believer in that confidence is key, but to act like every game is a guaranteed win is ridiculous. The rebels aren't as good as y'all make them out to be. They're a solid team and should make at least the second round of the playoffs, but they're certainly not invincible and there are better teams out there. I think the rebels will pull a W out of this one, but I don't think it will be a blowout (will be happy if I'm wrong, blowouts are fun). Eat some humble pie, grow up, and represent our school with some class. Go Rebels.

I GUARANTEE you Rebel D be hittin tonight and we keep the scoreless streak going. Rebels roll tonight. Gonna be great game.

I've been reading these posts for the past 2 weeks, always checking them to see if anything knew is said, and the trash talk is what this game is all about. I don't know why Franklin fans are getting so much hate on here from everyone for being "classless or cocky" because the people from Indy are saying just as much stuff on here from what I can tell. Anyways, I'm assuming a very fun game to watch. My guess on prediction would be 10-7 Franklin winning. Very low scoring game with 2 good defenses. Franklin will manage to get a turnover that puts them in great starting field position to win. Indy will end their scoreless streak with a touchdown (also from a turnover resulting in great field position.) Heard there will be a white out from the Indy student section and a blackout from the Franklin one. Can't wait to watch this one, the atmosphere should be great!

Please tell me where Independence has been cocky

I GUARANTEE you Rebel D be hittin tonight and we keep the scoreless streak going. Rebels roll tonight. Gonna be great game.

I am as big of a Franklin fan as anyone but your posts are getting ridiculous. If you are a player (which i assume you are) you have no business talking crap on these boards. If you are a student at Franklin who doesnt play you still have no business talking crap on these boards. Franklin has played well at times this year and been terrible at others, hence the 70 points scored on em the first two games of the year... Yeah the defense has come together and been better since then but you cant erase the first two games like they never happened.

From what i have seen this year this should be a great game. Good luck to Franklin and heres hoping for good health for both teams!

Why in the world would Independence want to do a white our for a home game? Franklin will be wearing all white. A white out is only smart when the HOME team is also wearing white. Ignorance.

This is for sure going to be a great game. Independence is always a hostile place to play, but not one of the best in the state. Ravenwood years ago was great, and Indy can't hold a candle to The Pit in Lincoln county, Alcoa, or Maryville, or any of the top Rutherford County teams. Just another glance of Williamson County vauntedness.

As for the actual football game, it's on like Donkey Kong. Rumor has it that the Indy coaches pulled a "Eubanks" and painted a sign and hung it on the fence over there. Way to go, that will win you the game :roflol:

I made my prediction early in the week. This will be a low scoring game, Franklin will come out on top, and Indy will try to pull their tricks with special teams.

One last thought, when you're the daddy high school of the county, you don't copy anyone.....they copy you.

Why in the world would they do a white out? It is a little thing called tradition the school does for the biggest games since 07, trust me ive been to Ravenwood and Rutherford county games, yeah I agree Ravenwood ONCE was great but only when their team was great. I dont know about Maryville or Alcoa but I'd love to say in Middle Tn, Indy Nation has been the best since 07 BALLIN', we traveled and always out yelled the other section, btw playing at Lincoln County is a joke now a days nice try.

Don't mess with Indy Nation. Diss our past coachs, diss our jerseys, diss our stats, diss our records, but never think twice about the Indy crowd. It has got a little smaller in the past year but this year with the team success they are back and the Centennial game was the loudest they have been since B.A. game in 08. As for tonight they should be rocking the house.

Sorry that was part of my old senior year trash talk coming out of me now back to the non-biased journalist I want to become. As far as the running game, it will be crucial for both teams. Obviously anybody who has gone to Indy games has seen that the run attack is the best part of the offense. Passing has not gone their way this year besides the touchdown against Brentwood that helped Indy win. For Franklin it is easy to see that everyone they have played, besides Symrna, prepared themselves only for the senior qb. Thus letting the Rebels running backs having only 5 or 6 people in the box at points and creating running room. Indy's defense has to sceme their way to victory with blitz packages and putting people in the box when they need to. So far they have done that very well, but only against average offenses.

Keys for Independence - Shut down the rebel offense early, get a couple td's early to get the confidence up and push Franklin back with bad field position (which nobody ever takes into consideration).

Keys for Franklin - Be able to run the ball for good gains and do it early in order to set up the passing game later in the game, defense do not give up big plays, don't make stupid penalties and play solid, smart and sound defense through out.

Edited by mackbrown

Why in the world would they do a white out? It is a little thing called tradition the school does for the biggest games since 07, trust me ive been to Ravenwood and Rutherford county games, yeah I agree Ravenwood ONCE was great but only when their team was great. I dont know about Maryville or Alcoa but I'd love to say in Middle Tn, Indy Nation has been the best since 07 BALLIN', we traveled and always out yelled the other section, btw playing at Lincoln County is a joke now a days nice try.

Don't mess with Indy Nation. Diss our past coachs, diss our jerseys, diss our stats, diss our records, but never think twice about the Indy crowd. It has got a little smaller in the past year but this year with the team success they are back and the Centennial game was the loudest they have been since B.A. game in 08. As for tonight they should be rocking the house.

Contradict yourself much?

No? The crowd was super loud at the B.A. game in 08 but from then till 09 we still showed up and supported, and the reason i said the last year was weak was because it was true, their seniors last year weren't on the same level as in the past.

So basically, when the team was down the crowd level was down? Kind of like at Ravenwood... When they were good Ravenwood had a great following, not so much anymore...

Anyway, with what is on the line for tonights game both student sections should be into this game. Wish i could be there, should be a good one

Edited by ftballkicker

So basically, when the team was down the crowd level was down? Kind of like at Ravenwood... When they were good Ravenwood had a great following, not so much anymore...

Anyway, with what is on the line for tonights game both student sections should be into this game. Wish i could be there, should be a good one

update