Upcoming - Indy vs. Franklin

notredame

Let me first start by saying two things:

1 - I disagree with this post already being that Franklin is playing Lawrence County this week and all the Indy talk should start after that game's final whistle. However I'm not gonna lie that the matchup is intriguing, which is why I read the board.

2 - If anyone has been critical of the Franklin D this year, it's been me. They think they're this steel curtain, hard hittin D. They make plays, but not in the grandure that they self proclaim.

Indy has shut out Hillsboro (foot in mouth on that one) and the power house that is 3A football, Page. Congrats. I'll give you a scrubs TD against Coffee County since I don't know, but that's my guess. Wow, please talk more about how impressive your defense is please

Yes, Indy held Blackman and I'Tavious Mathers to 14 points. Congrats, but don't forget that Blackman replaced their whole offensive line and that was this groups first game. They also held Brentwood to 7. Anyone that has seen that game knows that it was just as many miscues on Brentwood's O than it was Indy's superb play. None the less, good there.

Indy hasn't truly been tested this year though. Franklin has. Franklin's D held Smyrna to 7 points in regulation, did you read that in the box score? They also forced 5 turnovers that game. PS, that's the state runner up from last year. Also, the 1 TD that Ravenwood got last week came from a fumble on offense. The defense held Ravenwood to a field goal, and they were within the redzone a few times.

Crickets??? I think so

Right now, Indy's offense is super predictable. They defense is playing well, but not championship caliber. When your team's MVP is a kicker, you might want to re-evaluate your stand points.

Go Rebels, beat Lawrence County.

(whisper) we're coming for you :ph34r:

your wrong when you state FHS should not worry about the InDY offense- no INDY does not have the razzle and dazzle but they are clicking of late on O and you are WAY wrong when you say the stout Franklin D- Yes your D is good but the stout Defense is from INDY.... I have talked to a few of the local experts from the Wilco area and they say that they D of INDY is for real and that good- in -fact coach S from Blackman again commented on the INDY D this week

lets see FHS

PA

the gooseegs are the powerhouses of boro and McGavock

lets look at yards allowed PG for REBS

pass rush

PA

35 - not a good game for us

35 - not good

7 - changed D and now getting going

0 - shutout

0 - shutout that INDY did also

20 - 7 points to Smyrna (13 in OT)

10 - 3 points as offense fumbled only TD for Ravenwood

So if I add right that be 17 points in 20 quarter

2 - If anyone has been critical of the Franklin D this year, it's been me. They think they're this steel curtain, hard hittin D. They make plays, but not in the grandure that they self proclaim.

Joe is steel curtain! All of these guys make plays Matt Davis Brian Davis Tanner Stevens Brandon Spierto and they are more.

Joe is steel curtain! All of these guys make plays Matt Davis Brian Davis Tanner Stevens Brandon Spierto and they are more.

As I have said time and again, #66 is the exception to my rule. It is obvious that you are one of these players that I'm am speaking about. You're one of these kids that clean up a pile, chase someone down from behind, or might make a laces takle. That's the main problem with Franklin's D, they think they bring the wood, but it's more like a twig.

I guess you guys didn't take notes from what a defense looks like when Blackman straight pounded the offense last year.

PA

35 - not a good game for us

35 - not good

7 - changed D and now getting going

0 - shutout

0 - shutout that INDY did also

20 - 7 points to Smyrna (13 in OT)

10 - 3 points as offense fumbled only TD for Ravenwood

So if I add right that be 17 points in 20 quarter

You've just made Franklin look so rediculous. How many excuses do you try to provide here? Not a good game for us, not good, blame it on the offense. Terrible. This is more embarassing than anything

You've just made Franklin look so rediculous. How many excuses do you try to provide here? Not a good game for us, not good, blame it on the offense. Terrible. This is more embarassing than anything

No excuses. truth! We was not a good defense at beginning of year then coaches changed some stuff and we have been much better. Truth is what truth is. Since the changes the offense has given up as many points as the defense. Besides why you come on here and call the D shoe string tacklers. It is more than just Big Joe!

No excuses. truth! We was not a good defense at beginning of year then coaches changed some stuff and we have been much better. Truth is what truth is. Since the changes the offense has given up as many points as the defense. Besides why you come on here and call the D shoe string tacklers. It is more than just Big Joe!

Such ignorance. #66 is a hard hitter, that's what I'm talking about. The rest of the D is soft.

The truth hurts I guess, but the best plays the rest of that D makes comes from coming off the edge, chasing someone down, or grabbing their cleats and watching them fall down. Plain and simple. Give me an example of where I'm wrong.

They get the job down, but this is not a hard nosed D. Plain and simple.

Right now, Indy's offense is super predictable. They defense is playing well, but not championship caliber. When your team's MVP is a kicker, you might want to re-evaluate your stand points.

If that was true i still wouldnt be concerned at ALL if i was indy that a top 10 kicker/punter in the nation is there mvp. However on the other side franklin special teams could very easily cost them this game along with all there fumbles there gunna give indy.

PA

the gooseegs are the powerhouses of boro and McGavock

Everyone knows that teams progress as the season goes on. So the first two weeks, the defense struggled with some of their young guys, and guys returning from injuries last year.

so

35-Unacceptable, won't happen again.

7-The STarting Defense only gave up 0 points.

0- Again. 0. That means they couldn't score.

0- Thats 0. Again.

20- they only gave up 7 In regulation. It's hard to stop teams from the 10 in OT...everyone knows that.

10- The Defense gave up 3...after the Ravenwood offense started in FG range after a turnover. SO really, 0.

And you can add a 0 onto that from this week.

Thats an average of 10 points a game the starters have given up in regulation. Since week 3, an average of 1.6 points....

Yep, pretty sure they Suck!

Everyone knows that teams progress as the season goes on. So the first two weeks, the defense struggled with some of their young guys, and guys returning from injuries last year.

so

7-The STarting Defense only gave up 0 points.

0- Again. 0. That means they couldn't score.

0- Thats 0. Again.

20- they only gave up 7 In regulation. It's hard to stop teams from the 10 in OT...everyone knows that.

10- The Defense gave up 3...after the Ravenwood offense started in FG range after a turnover. SO really, 0.

And you can add a 0 onto that from this week.

Thats an average of 10 points a game the starters have given up in regulation. Since week 3, an average of 1.6 points....

Yep, pretty sure they Suck!

Wow, 35 is still 35 no matter how you want to spin it and let's face it you have not played many teams with a good offense. I like your take on the ravenwood game the 3 really should be a 0 ( guess you tell your friends that the girl you pulled was a 2 but she really should be a 10..)

It's good masheen, I enjoy your posts and some smack talk is fun.

Don't be too overconfident with indy this year that's all i have been saying, they don't have the weapons on O but they sneak up on you

Be more worried fhs if you can score on indy

As I stated before the first quarter for indy is the key. If they turn the ball over or if fhs puts up some TD's early I think it gets into indys head and it will be a long long game.

From what I hear from indy is they have a good game plan in place.this week

As I stated before the first quarter for indy is the key. If they turn the ball over or if fhs puts up some TD's early I think it gets into indys head and it will be a long long game.

From what I hear from indy is they have a good game plan in place.this week

Turnovers are going to be the key for this whole game, and believe it or not, special teams is where the difference will come from. Indy has been setting up their special team fakes all year and they are going to try to unleash them against Franklin. You can watch any of their games and understand this.

Their defense is going to bring it from every angle possible and their offense is going to try to move the ball.....but guess what, Franklin has a good game plan too. You think those coaches were really breaking down Lawrence County last week?? You really think that Franklin is going to come in to this game unprepared?

I love the fact that everyone talks about how good Indy is. The Franklin kids better realize how important this game is and how much it means to Indy seniors.

Hey Independence, does the number 0 ring a bell???? How about 3???

Gonna be a great game.

Turnovers are going to be the key for this whole game, and believe it or not, special teams is where the difference will come from. Indy has been setting up their special team fakes all year and they are going to try to unleash them against Franklin. You can watch any of their games and understand this.

Their defense is going to bring it from every angle possible and their offense is going to try to move the ball.....but guess what, Franklin has a good game plan too. You think those coaches were really breaking down Lawrence County last week?? You really think that Franklin is going to come in to this game unprepared?

I love the fact that everyone talks about how good Indy is. The Franklin kids better realize how important this game is and how much it means to Indy seniors.Hey Independence, does the number 0 ring a bell???? How about 3???

Gonna be a great game.

Franklin knows for sure! We are sick and tired of hearing how great Indy D is. We will see the truth sure enough! FHS D will not allow Indy to score so what that mean. FHS wins easier then most think. I go ahead and tell score now.

FHS 24

IHS 0