Upcoming - Indy vs. Franklin

notredame

Having seen both teams play, a few observations;

Franklins offense is easier to shut down, as it is one dimensional and that one dimension cant throw well under pressure. Independence has a weak offense too, but they have different things to run/throw at a team.

While Indy gave up more points to CHS, their defensive players are stronger and more disciplined than Franklins.

Franklin plays with great attitude and the expectation to win, even though their talent is not as good as many of the teams they play.

Independence is the better team, but they may not believe in themselves yet. A weak schedule has hurt them.

This should be in interesting game. I give the nod to IHS, but wouldnt be surprised if FHS wins.

Nice prognostication.

Congrats Indy.

Will the Franklin the over the top self-hype stop now? This is yet another dose of reality for them. Will they ignore this one too? Are their playoff hopes in jeopardy?

I GUARANTEE you Rebel D be hittin tonight and we keep the scoreless streak going. Rebels roll tonight. Gonna be great game.

Funny rebel folks sure talk lot of trash but hide like sissys when they lose

You convinced know indy & thier defense is for real now.............

12 of 25 125 looks like he needs to be playing juco next year.

Rebs will lose to bhs .......

• Upvote 1

We not hidin you won good job. Both Def were good last night and your coach wuz better to.

Stats can be decieving. When they are bringing one more than the O-line can block, you are not going to be able to complete a high % of passes. Especially when you don't have the skill guys to get separation or they drop catchable balls. At the next level the QB will have skill guys to make plays.

Neither team looked real impressive offensively. Some say it was the defenses, I say the offenses made the defenses look a lot better. Neither team took advantage of the aggressiveness of the defense. I don't believe either team went on two. Indy should of went to the Jet Sweep sooner,and worked the middle of the field more. Franklin did not run a single counter or boot play all night. You have to keep the defense honest. Also, Indy played with 3 down lineman all night and had 5 in the box at times and Franklin never tried to exploit it.

Both teams have good defenses, but they were helped by bad play calling on both ends. That is just my opinion.

Stats can be decieving. When they are bringing one more than the O-line can block, you are not going to be able to complete a high % of passes. Especially when you don't have the skill guys to get separation or they drop catchable balls. At the next level the QB will have skill guys to make plays.

Neither team looked real impressive offensively. Some say it was the defenses, I say the offenses made the defenses look a lot better. Neither team took advantage of the aggressiveness of the defense. I don't believe either team went on two. Indy should of went to the Jet Sweep sooner,and worked the middle of the field more. Franklin did not run a single counter or boot play all night. You have to keep the defense honest. Also, Indy played with 3 down lineman all night and had 5 in the box at times and Franklin never tried to exploit it.

Both teams have good defenses, but they were helped by bad play calling on both ends. That is just my opinion.

First of all Indy wasn't bringing more than the O-line could block. Franklin's QB had all day in the pocket the majority of the time. I say it was the defenses that made the offenses look bad. You're talking about an Indy team that put up 68 in a game and was averaging 29 points per game coming in. Franklin was averaging 32 points per game coming in. You saying the offenses made the defenses look bad just doesn't add up. And if you had been paying attention you would have noticed Indy played with 3 down linemen because their starting DT went out the first drive with a knee injury and never returned. Loosing arguably your best defensive player and making the necessary adjustments to still come out on top is quite amazing. I credit the coaching staff and the heart that Indy has shown game in and game out to overcome adversity. There's something special about this Indy team.

First of all Indy wasn't bringing more than the O-line could block. Franklin's QB had all day in the pocket the majority of the time. I say it was the defenses that made the offenses look bad. You're talking about an Indy team that put up 68 in a game and was averaging 29 points per game coming in. Franklin was averaging 32 points per game coming in. You saying the offenses made the defenses look bad just doesn't add up. And if you had been paying attention you would have noticed Indy played with 3 down linemen because their starting DT went out the first drive with a knee injury and never returned. Loosing arguably your best defensive player and making the necessary adjustments to still come out on top is quite amazing. I credit the coaching staff and the heart that Indy has shown game in and game out to overcome adversity. There's something special about this Indy team.

Like I said stats can be decieving. If you take away Indy's points they scored against Coffee Co. who is terrible. They are averaging 17 points a game. Franklin is averaging around 20 if you take away their two 50 point games against subpar competition.

Indy's base defense is a 3-3 stack which calls for 3 down lineman. They live off bringing pressure from everywhere. It is tough for a QB to know where the pressure is coming. The D-end were playing wide making the tackle have to take them while the OLBs came free off the edge. Franklin's offense did nothing to counter this. I don't know what game you were watching but Franklin's QB was scrambling or picking himself off the ground the majority of the night.

This district is way down from previous years.Franklin and Brentwood don't have the offensive athletes they have had the last 5 years. Indy's offense is atrocious, but make up for it with a great D and special teams.

oh the Franklin faithful...

Looks like even your own newspaper (Joe Williams, Williamson Herald) is picking up on your coach hitting the showers in Williamson County;

http://www.williamso...m/home?id=77502

Clayton is gone and is not going out a winner. He sees the handwriting. Happy trails.

Yep...stirring the pot.

can you repost that link doesnt seem to work.