Big 8 2011-2012

TommyMan37604

Well. All of East Tn will be wanting to know the score on this one. What does everyone think? I think SH will win by double figures. I can not see THS keeping up with the pace SH plays. If they can slow it down they might have a shot. Mitchell is going to need some help for them to win this one.Lady Toppers 75 Lady Vikings 45

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SH looked out of sink the first half. Played A better 2nd. Pancon what did you think? I was surprised by the margin of victory.

I was unable to attend...But I have a dvd of the game and I'll probably watch it soon. Science Hill has a load of talent. As middle schoolers, the Junior class was 29-0...The Sophomore class was undefeated as well...I think. They have so many threats! They are nearly unstoppable if they play team ball. I would rank them a final four team in the state. IMHO, I think their success started about mid-season last year. I noticed that the likes of Copney and Reid 'bought into' making the extra pass even though they were capable of creating their own shots..(actually heard that Barnwell benched them on an occasion for not seeing the floor...etc)

Barnwell certainly did his homework (but dang! look at his talent). As for THS, throw any four of the other 14 girls on the floor and Mitchell and you can win against the rest of the Big 8 teams. The challenge comes when you play 'top tier' competition. THS definately does not have the talent compared to the Hill. Coach Wade will have to 'trim' the rotation down to about 7 and devise ways to create offense for other players to help Mitchell carry the load. Extracting the 'strengths' of those 7 will be critical if they want to make it out of the region. Adapting to your level of talent and skill is the hardest part of coaching! I still think THS would be ranked around 15 in the State. That's just my take on it...I'll have to watch the film!

Edited by pancon

Finally got a chance to see the Science Hill girls the other night (I've been hearing a lot of talk about how good they are) and man do they look good. This is easily the most talented Lady Toppers team I've ever seen. I can't believe there's not a Senior on the team either. A very well-coached team with a TON of talent. Nobody in the Big 8 will be able to play them.

We are ready!! First year without any players from old era and SLS system fully implemented!

No more Kool - Aid, watch out Toppers you are first! (OOPS)

No more Kool - Aid, watch out Cougars you are first! (HEH HEH)

No more Kool - Aid, watch out Pioneers you are next!

We are ready!! First year without any players from old era and SLS system fully implemented!

No more Kool - Aid, watch out Pioneers you are next! (HEH HEH)

No more Kool - Aid, watch out Blue Devils you are next!

I was unable to attend...But I have a dvd of the game and I'll probably watch it soon. Science Hill has a load of talent. As middle schoolers, the Junior class was 29-0...The Sophomore class was undefeated as well...I think. They have so many threats! They are nearly unstoppable if they play team ball. I would rank them a final four team in the state. IMHO, I think their success started about mid-season last year. I noticed that the likes of Copney and Reid 'bought into' making the extra pass even though they were capable of creating their own shots..(actually heard that Barnwell benched them on an occasion for not seeing the floor...etc)

Barnwell certainly did his homework (but dang! look at his talent). As for THS, throw any four of the other 14 girls on the floor and Mitchell and you can win against the rest of the Big 8 teams. The challenge comes when you play 'top tier' competition. THS definately does not have the talent compared to the Hill. Coach Wade will have to 'trim' the rotation down to about 7 and devise ways to create offense for other players to help Mitchell carry the load. Extracting the 'strengths' of those 7 will be critical if they want to make it out of the region. Adapting to your level of talent and skill is the hardest part of coaching! I still think THS would be ranked around 15 in the State. That's just my take on it...I'll have to watch the film!

Actually Morristown's West View Middle School beat the SH middle schoolers(today's sophmores)West High starts 4 of these with the fifth also starting at times.

Actually Morristown's West View Middle School beat the SH middle schoolers(today's sophmores)West High starts 4 of these with the fifth also starting at times.

I thought that they might have lost 1...I couldn't remember...

Still a great bunch of Sophomores and Juniors...

West should get better and better too.. I watched them this year. Scrappy bunch!

Good Win by SH last night. Not the best game i have seen but what a 4th quarter. nice job girls. way to keep trying. how about boone beating DB also? How did THS do with Central? Where is that Central team from?

THS lost 67-52 to Wise, VA. Central. THS split with them over the summer during team camp.

This time around (when it counts) Wise shot very good and THS showed little or no chemistry.

I noticed THS has a couple of teammate coaches too...That never helps a teams chemistry.

THS needs to look at one statistic in particular...Assists...Tricitiessports reported Wise 16 THS 3!

Same thing was true against the Hilltoppers...Toppers had a bunch (as Barnwell stated in the paper) THS prob had a handful at most. Successful teams will log many assists...

Another example would be Unicoi vs East last night...Unicoi had 16 assists over 19 baskets!

Some teams play like it's 'my time to shoot' rather than just playing good team ball and building chemistry.

Teamball...isn't that a big part of chemistry?

Oh well...THS better be ready today against CAK...

No more Kool - Aid, watch out Blue Devils you are next! (HEH HEH)

No more Kool - Aid, watch out Chiefs you are next!

THS lost 67-52 to Wise, VA. Central. THS split with them over the summer during team camp.

This time around (when it counts) Wise shot very good and THS showed little or no chemistry.

I noticed THS has a couple of teammate coaches too...That never helps a teams chemistry.

THS needs to look at one statistic in particular...Assists...Tricitiessports reported Wise 16 THS 3!

Same thing was true against the Hilltoppers...Toppers had a bunch (as Barnwell stated in the paper) THS prob had a handful at most. Successful teams will log many assists...

Another example would be Unicoi vs East last night...Unicoi had 16 assists over 19 baskets!

Some teams play like it's 'my time to shoot' rather than just playing good team ball and building chemistry.

Teamball...isn't that a big part of chemistry?

Oh well...THS better be ready today against CAK...

cant wait to see S Hill play Wise Dec 23 at Tenn High should be a great game

No more Kool - Aid, watch out Blue Devils you are next! (HEH HEH)

No more Kool - Aid, watch out Trailblazers you are next!