Maryville vs Farragut

sports19

Upset Possible?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

Thanks, you too. Right now I'd trade luck for plays 3,4,5 to see the light of day.

Congrats and kudos to Maryville team for dismantling FHS, and to their staff for totally exposing Admirals weakness again......ours

science hill is playing good football right now, could be a first round nightmare for somebody, we play them in 2 weeks for 1st place

Exactly what was it about the kids waving the REBEL flags that made you "extremely embarrassed"? You are "The Rebels", after all. Are you from Here? If you are from here and still made that comment, that makes me "extremely embarrassed", and I am not even a Rebel fan. If you are just a transplanted yankee, then you are forgiven, because I would not have expected any different. I don't know each student that was waving the flags, but I would wager heavily that not one of them meant anything negative by waving it. I know quite a few Rebel fans and I can say that the ones I know, do not share your opinion on this subject.

Yes, I'm from here. Are you? I went to Maryville schools K-12. I played with dozens of flags in the stands, and I could see the discomfort it caused for a certain segment. I read in the Daily Times the thoughtful words of Carl Stewart, and how the flag affected him. It really should be a forgotten tradition at this point. If you want to put it on a bumper sticker on the back of your pickup, that's fine. But you are a fool if you think that it doesn't have a negative impact on our football and athletic programs. Every flag that is brought to one of our games has a negative impact. I often wonder how many minority students with the choice of schools choose Maryville. Sitting here I can't remember the last one that came into MHS from somewhere else.

really now... Then don't look at it.

You worry about the traditions at your alma mater & I'll worry about them at mine.

Yes, I'm from here. Are you? I went to Maryville schools K-12. I played with dozens of flags in the stands, and I could see the discomfort it caused for a certain segment. I read in the Daily Times the thoughtful words of Carl Stewart, and how the flag affected him. It really should be a forgotten tradition at this point. If you want to put it on a bumper sticker on the back of your pickup, that's fine. But you are a fool if you think that it doesn't have a negative impact on our football and athletic programs. Every flag that is brought to one of our games has a negative impact. I often wonder how many minority students with the choice of schools choose Maryville. Sitting here I can't remember the last one that came into MHS from somewhere else.

You worry about the traditions at your alma mater & I'll worry about them at mine.

I have no horse in this race, this is between Maryville fans, but i have to say you bring up some valid points.

It is definitely the youth football development FHS. They have a youth program second to none. And having GQ and crew and a few D1 prospects doesn't hurt either. Taking nothing away, but 2 of their best players i hear aren't original Maryvillians? I hear Robinette is from Knoxville and Guillermo is from south carolina or some other state? I heard the Robinette wasn't from Maryville by a actual Maryville fan, so i am not making that one up. Maybe a Maryville fan can set me straight on that one? Just what i have heard. Either way, Maryville is awesome, no denying that. And, i don't see anybody beating them, or really competing with them for that matter. If OR plays them again i hope we have #15 playing so we can at least not get embarrassed lol

Robinette is from Blount County, but didn't go to MMS. Guillermo is from North Carolina and moved here when a parent took a job here.

I haven't taken the time to sift through all 13 pages of this tread, and I don't plan to. I assume its a bunch of Maryville haters spouting off about recruiting, yada yada yada blah blah blah. Face it Farragut fans (I am one), the Ads got whipped by a tougher, more disciplined, and better coached team. Fact is, Maryville is in 4-AAA to stay and Farragut will NEVER beat them if they don't start thinking about shaking up the coaching staff.

The Admirals allowed personal foul penalties to turn in to points, they came out of the locker room after half time completely flat and already defeated, and the coaches, per usual made zero changes in the play calling schemes. Farragut can-out talent most teams in the area as they have this year, but the road to the state title will continue to go through Blount County until Farragut gets with the times schematically.

Is it that hard to stop an offense that seems to be drawn up completely on one sheet of paper? Is it that hard to run a spread option against a base 3-5 scheme when the safety is always on the strong side? Is it obvious that when the same player receives two personal foul penalties in one series that the coaches may want to have a talk with him? Is it obvious that you need to go to the air when facing a double digit deficit in the second half? All of this is apparent to the people in the stands (most of which were warming up their cars in the 3rd quarter), but it is falling on blind eyes where the coaching staff is concerned.

I feel bad for the players who are hamstrung in system that doesn't take advantage of their talents; and for the fans like myself who continue to pay $6 every Friday only to see the same lackluster offense. Some may read this and wonder why I'm so upset, the Admirals are 6-2 afterall. I'm upset because the program has the athlethes to compete, but has failed to evolve in the past 15 years; and I'm upset because they will not make it to the next level until they shake things up. I'm not holding my breath though.

I really hope that someone doesn't decide that they are now offended by Old Farts coming to the games ..... I'm so sick of political correctness being shoved down my throat , and as far as Carl goes , love him to death , but my opinion means just as much as his does and maybe Carl should just lighten up along with you and anyone else determined to take more rights away from all of us , and realize that those young Maryville fans out there waving those flags are not racists , and they're not even thinking about slavery , or the civil war ..... till you guys keep bringing it up . Geez , oldrebel , maybe you need to change your name then , aren't you worried about offending anyone ? Ok to be called oldrebel , but we gotta burn the Rebel flags ...... wow

What in the world is wrong with everyone this year , first we have supposed Rebel fans embarrassed by the Heritage score , now we have a Maryville fan soooo embarrassed by our kids waving a flag .

Edited by pepvol

OK fellers a grait showin' bye tha boys frum 825 Lawrence....Eye'm now thankin' that this mite bee our best Deefence cents '05....Aftur tha furst drive when Farah-Gut kicked tha 38 yd feeled gole, thay compleatlee shut tham down....Hats off two evurbodee on Gaylor's ewenit...

And tha Offence wuz jist as uhfective....Run orr throw...Whatevur thay wanna give us....And sumtimes we jist lined up and maid 'em like hit...

Toetull teem winn....

Edited by STARSNBARS