5-A playoffs (may get very interesting)

GWAVE1

Where is the love for the SC Bison?!?1 I mean, I know we are 3-5 and have pretty much been written off everyone's mind but these guys could win a game or two in the playoffs with the right match-up. I would love another shot at Beech, Hendersonville, Gallatin....

You had your shot at all three of those teams during the regular season and came up short. Take care of your business the last two weeks and you may get in the backdoor of the playoffs. If so good for you. However, SC is going to have to start beating people like Beech, Hendersonvile, and Gallatin before they are going to be taken seriously in 5A. How long is the administration at SC going to give Hollingsworth to get the job done at SC?

You had your shot at all three of those teams during the regular season and came up short. Take care of your business the last two weeks and you may get in the backdoor of the playoffs. If so good for you. However, SC is going to have to start beating people like Beech, Hendersonvile, and Gallatin before they are going to be taken seriously in 5A. How long is the administration at SC going to give Hollingsworth to get the job done at SC?

Coach Hollinsworth isn't going anywhere. The next two or three years should be great years for the Bison. They have a lot of talent coming up...freshmen Anderton, Janco, Gilley; just to name a few, along with the current sophomores and juniors. A 5-5 season would be a huge upgrade from the 1-9 finish last year; especially if they can play week 11.

Edited by football2011

I like the way quad 3 looks but I think the pairings are way off. But who knows right now.

QBclubPrez, I think Hamilton, while possible, is still a long shot. They are historically horrible. But I think the final 4 you posted is really good. Who else has an outsiders chance if the cards fell right?

The pairingsare per TSSAA policy. I don't think their off much at all.

I don't think its interesting that a 5-5 team can get in I think its dumb. Just the T$AA at work doing what they do best. Is that what football has come to in TN. 5-5 something to be proud of?

I believe it is worthy of the playoffs for a 5A team who has had to play 2, 3 or 4 games against 6A competition. Now for 6A teams a 5-5 record is another story. Besides , don't we love football and don't the kids enjoy playing it? I mean why should we care if more teams get in and more kids get to play? Right? :flower:

West doesn't have any bad losses. oops. :thumb:

No they don't, neither does Morristown West. Mo West does have Wins in big games though. Greeneville and Science Hill would beat anyone that Knox West has beaten by at least 2 touchdowns. You're trying to justify your claim by saying Knox West has played a tough schedule when, in reality, they've played 2 tough games and lost them both.

GWAVE...while "historically horrible"....the possibilty of this scenerio taking place I feel is better than 50/50!...the REAL LONG SHOT...would be the Daniel Boone Trailblazers! They are currently 2-5 but the good news is that 2 of their remaining opponents Sullivan Central and David Crockett are both 0-7! However...the bad news is that they also must play Sullivan South who is a modest 4-3 on the season....but..I do think that the Trailblazers are an extreme "long shot"...much moreso than the Hamilton Wildcats!

If you are looking for the team most likely to be last in I would pick Morristown East. They currently have only 3 wins with remaining games with Cocke Co. 4-3, Jeff Col 4-3 and Sevier Co. 6-1. They will be heavy dogs to Sevier Co on the road and toss-up to 1 TD spread margins vs the other two at home. The chances of them getting to 5-5 are slim imo. However their schedule has been so tough they are at "9" in the first tie-breaker category and will stay there ahead of any other in this classification. So..... there are 33 teams slated to finish with 5 wins or more if all favorites win out and that's alot of games. I still contend 1, 2, or even 3 teams with 4-6 records get in. Mo-East would be first in line.

IF Anderson County were to drop two of the final 3 to Karns and Hardin Valley...the next team able to play their way in looks to be the Hamilton Wildcats from Memphis. Currently, the Cats are 3-4 facing games against Memphis Central who is also 3-4, the 6-2 Westwood Longhorns, and the embattled and struggling Melrose Golden Wildcats who are currently 2-6 and look like they have won their final game already as they (Melrose) has White Station, Whitehaven, and Hamilton to finish the season! There are only 32 chairs at the table...does the last seat go to Anderson County, Memphis Hamilton, or another late charger??

If Hamilton gets in...and Anderson County is the first team out...how does this effect the Quads? Clarksville High is actually East of Clarksville Northeast...therefore Clarksville High looks like they would move from Quad 4 to Quad 3. Centennial looks to "follow the pattern" of Quad 2 in that they are the "southern most" team in Quad 3 which looks to be the area of the state Quad 2 is made up of...closest to Columbia, Shelbyville, and Tullahoma and the rest of Quad 2....again...thoughts???

Don't go to sleep on White Co. (Sparta?). They are currently only 2-5 but have a very weak schedule remaining in which they would be considered favorites in all 3 games. Warren Co. 0-7, York Institute 3A 2-5, and Cumberland Co. 1-6, Talk about a playoff charge and coming out of nowhere, wow. :shock: It could happen. Another "last in" candidate gathering steam. They are sitting at only "4" in the first tie-breaker so even if they get to their 5th win they could theoretically be the 33rd team, i.e., they need a little help as well.

Don't go to sleep on White Co. (Sparta?). They are currently only 2-5 but have a very weak schedule remaining in which they would be considered favorites in all 3 games. Warren Co. 0-7, York Institute 3A 2-5, and Cumberland Co. 1-6, Talk about a playoff charge and coming out of nowhere, wow. :shock: It could happen. Another "last in" candidate gathering steam. They are sitting at only "4" in the first tie-breaker so even if they get to their 5th win they could theoretically be the 33rd team, i.e., they need a little help as well.

You have a case for White County...their remaining schedule is indeed poooor!! Yet..I still believe Hamilton has the best "chance" for grabbing that last spot...they sit at "5" in the first tie breaker column and only need to win 2 out of 3....not 3 in a row. I also believe Anderson County will drop 2 out of their remaining 3 games.....leaving the Mavericks on the outside looking in.....and one of these that we have discussed will find their way to November travel date!

While we are talking about odd teams that still have a play-off chance you need to mention Cumberland County. They are currently 1-1 in the district and with a win this week vs. Coffee County and next week at White County they would finish 3-1 in the district, which would put them in second place. They could still make the play-offs with a 3-7 record.