5-A playoffs (may get very interesting)

GWAVE1

Well it does affect their seeding. Had Clarksville moved to Quad 3 instead of NE, they would be a #8 seed. If the projections hold true,they will be a #5 seed in Quad 4.

Does it really matter?...neither will actually host a game. Both are similar in ability. Northeast has lost 4 straight....the Kenwood game is not a lock...Kenwood played Dickson County down to the wire and Springfield outlasted Kenwood by 1 point. Northeast may be in trouble!

I have a question. After reading the criteria on the TSSAA website, it seems to indicate that their formula will take president over district winners and runner ups however, those teams would be still considered automatic qualifiers. Is this so? I get this from the line that states, if any team is a district winner or runner up they would replace the lowest ranked team if they were not in the top 32. So does the formula set your ranking in the quad?

I have a question. After reading the criteria on the TSSAA website, it seems to indicate that their formula will take president over district winners and runner ups however, those teams would be still considered automatic qualifiers. Is this so? I get this from the line that states, if any team is a district winner or runner up they would replace the lowest ranked team if they were not in the top 32. So does the formula set your ranking in the quad?

I read the same info as you and thought as you GWAVE1, but QBClubPrez reading from the TSSAA handbook stated that district winners would be given seeding priority, runners up 2nd priority and then use the chart. The chart would come into play I suppose for cases where you have 2 district winners or 2 runners ups in the same quad.

Can Kenwood beat Clarksville or NE in the next 2 weeks? If so, I project them to be the last in, beating out Lenoir City, Cocke Co., Bartlett, Anderson Co. and Boone at 4-6 with the tiebreaker: most wins by opponents. If Kenwood comes up short, Boone would be last in by virtue of 7 opponents with records of 50% or better.

All I know is this: there may be a lot of points scored in both games. After seeing Kenwood play against Springfield, they're a better team than what their record shows. I think they'll win one game, but I wouldn't be surprised if they win both.

Bartlett needs to beat Craigmont next friday to make the playoffs correct? If we don't we won't make it ? Thanks for all the info guys. If playoffs started this week who would play who just curious?

Bartlett has to win BHSGRAD04. I cannot imagine a perfect storm scenario that gets them in at 4-6. That is a big game for the program . At least it is home field advantage correct? Does Bartlett have their own stadium at the school?

I read the same info as you and thought as you GWAVE1, but QBClubPrez reading from the TSSAA handbook stated that district winners would be given seeding priority, runners up 2nd priority and then use the chart. The chart would come into play I suppose for cases where you have 2 district winners or 2 runners ups in the same quad.

This situation could arise in triplicate in projected Quad 4. Henry County (by beating Dickson County this week),Dyer County (by beating Brighton on Oct.28), and Ridgeway(by beating Germantown and Collierville ) would all be district champions. Memphis East could further muddy the water by beating Whitehaven, though I consider this less likely than the former. I would think,Crawdad, and hope that Henry would grab the number one seed!~

GO BIG RED