5-A playoffs (may get very interesting)

GWAVE1

QBCP-You've seen them both play. Give me your thoughts on Clarksville @ Beech. Thanks

WOW....great question! The Clarksville High I saw play...and the one that played Dickson County into overtime apparently are two totally different teams! I keep hearing how great the Beech rushing attack is...but I was very impressed watching the Bucs move methodically through the air using out patterns to the Tight End! Both teams have very good quarterbacks...Rodrigez from Clarksville is deceivingly quick and keeps plays alive by scampering around in the pocket. Yet..Beech's O-line "I think" is somewhat superior to that of Clarksville High! I don't know that home field advantage is a factor....neither team's stadium would I consider intimidating although the Beech crowd made for an excellent atmosphere back in August..and Clarksville High is by far the best traveling school of all of the Clarksville schools! I just hate betting against the Clarksville Wildcats...they just prove me wrong everytime I do! I do however still credit Beech as having "state championship" experience and battling through District 9-AAA to make the postseason is noteworthy! I would have to take Beech in a squeeker.....and understand that if this game holds true once the quads are in place...this will be one of the best opening round games in this year's playoffs!!

This may be a moot point. East still must travel down to Sevierville on Friday to play the Smokey Bears and I just don't see the 'Canes coming away with a win down there. A loss would probably sink their right to a home game since they are already a 4th seed in Quad 1 this week.

If both West and East are able to play their 1st round games at home, though, would the TSSAA allow one to play on Friday and the other play on Saturday?

BTW, Quad 1 just got significantly tougher with the addition of Powell and Knox West.

If Cocke County and Tennessee High win this week, I'd assume Quad 1 would go back to last week's teams

(Morristown West, South-Doyle, Morristown East, Cherokee, Cocke County, TN High, Sullivan South and Daniel Boone).

TN High should be in, as they are 4-5 playing Volunteer this week. Cocke County would be more questionable.

The question is, would one of the two moving back into the playoff picture move Powell or Knox West? I'd venture Powell would be the first team shifted to Q2.

If Cocke County and Tennessee High win this week, I'd assume Quad 1 would go back to last week's teams

(Morristown West, South-Doyle, Morristown East, Cherokee, Cocke County, TN High, Sullivan South and Daniel Boone).

TN High should be in, as they are 4-5 playing Volunteer this week. Cocke County would be more questionable.

The question is, would one of the two moving back into the playoff picture move Powell or Knox West? I'd venture Powell would be the first team shifted to Q2.

no boone, anderson co, station camp, munford, cleveland, bartlett, cocke co, white co all have to lose before tennessee gets in

tennessee has no tiebreakers

no boone, anderson co, station camp, munford, cleveland, bartlett, cocke co, white co all have to lose before tennessee gets in

tennessee has no tiebreakers

Tennessee High could go from 4/4/0 to 5/6/1 with a win over Volunteer and Boone over Crockett and Jeff Co. over South-Doyle. That is a very reasonable scenario. In fact some teams with 5 wins already could fall below them with a loss in the finale, correct ?

I think you are correct in your thinking. TSSAA should be tipping their hand when they had Knox West as the team from that area in quad 1. Powell did not enter until Cocke Co. and Tennessee High both dropped out. Tennessee has a better chance to enter than MJUHB is stating I believe.

Tennessee High could go from 4/4/0 to 5/6/1 with a win over Volunteer and Boone over Crockett and Jeff Co. over South-Doyle. That is a very reasonable scenario. In fact some teams with 5 wins already could fall below them with a loss in the finale, correct ?

your right just pray jefferson co pulls 1 out of there butt