BA at Father Ryan

WesVLT

One can only imagine what type of crowd Father Ryan would have if they had a football program that competed for championships every year.

The stadium only holds a certain amount of fans. Is it worth compromising their integrity in an effort to build championship football teams. You know what has to happen in order for that to occur. Athletics at Ryan are going along just fine. Two state titles already this current year. Tuition for a Catholic child with parish assistance is over 10,000 a year. The first priority should be to make every effort to prevent Ryan from becoming a school where only the affluent can attend as Mr Jim Carroll ( huge benefactor) stated at a ground-breaking ceremony. :)

The stadium only holds a certain amount of fans. Is it worth compromising their integrity in an effort to build championship football teams. You know what has to happen in order for that to occur. Athletics at Ryan are going along just fine. Two state titles already this current year. Tuition for a Catholic child with parish assistance is over 10,000 a year. The first priority should be to make every effort to prevent Ryan from becoming a school where only the affluent can attend as Mr Jim Carroll ( huge benefactor) stated at a ground-breaking ceremony. :)

It's always refreshing to read a post from someone who clearly grasps the school's mission. The sky is not falling at Ryan (or anywhere else) simply because the football team's success is something less than spectacular. Further, the football team is not the only thing in the athletic department.

Why the lecture about other sports winning championships, Catholic tuition, the schools mission statement, Mr. Jim Carroll, etc... when I merely wondered out loud what the attendance would be at Father Ryan football games if they competed for championships in football every season?

I would like to ask two questions: Would Father Ryan have to compromise their integrity to build championship football teams? Are you saying that other schools have in the past compromised the integrity of their school to build championship football programs and if so would you please name those schools?

Father Ryan played Brentwood Academy closer than the final score might make it seem. BA has a very good team, but FRHS had the ball down 17-10 in the fourth quarter with a chance to tie the game.

I like the floom zoom video from earlier in this thread: it made me reminisce about working at Opryland in the summer of 1994.

• 3 weeks later...

I would like to ask two questions: Would Father Ryan have to compromise their integrity to build championship football teams? Are you saying that other schools have in the past compromised the integrity of their school to build championship football programs and if so would you please name those schools?

You're kidding, right?

That's an east argument for you to make and what those 3 always seem to go to. "since we're winning we must be cheating". Well the fact is one was outright caught handing envelopes full of cash. BA has two qb's on there roster that were on other div-2 schools before. And at BA and ensworth walk up and down the halls and tell me how many kids look that are not playing football look like those that are. Or another example how many kids on their football teams live close to the school. I'm not saying these three are the only three doing it, but if you believe they aren't you know the old saying. I got some ocean front property.

That's an east argument for you to make and what those 3 always seem to go to. "since we're winning we must be cheating". Well the fact is one was outright caught handing envelopes full of cash. BA has two qb's on there roster that were on other div-2 schools before. And at BA and ensworth walk up and down the halls and tell me how many kids look that are not playing football look like those that are. Or another example how many kids on their football teams live close to the school. I'm not saying these three are the only three doing it, but if you believe they aren't you know the old saying. I got some ocean front property.

First of all, why don't you come over to BA and see for yourself. Also, please elaborate on what I should look for when you say "walk up and down the halls and tell me how many kids look that are not playing football look like those that are.". Also, Max Staver came from JPII and was fully eligible. Do you blame him for changing? I don't.