grundy v.s. bledsoe

gcjackets18

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just wanna make two points, yes the spread is an offense and does have a tight end, Im not blaming it on slow kids and bad coaching, we havent won state ever either, and we have had the teams and coaching to do so in the past. I am just saying that the offense Grundy is running now isnt the best one for them to win games, so can be said with Marion just dont have the personnel to run it good enough to win. I like Grundy as a team, alot of pride out there on the mountain. Good luck the rest of the year

Okay a spread formation could include a TE but rarely does. Air Raid is an offense and spread option are offenses. If Grundy was spreading the field Friday with 3,4,5 receivers then I apologize. They may have been in the spread Friday. If they were using a TE and two receivers the majority of the time I would say they were still running the option. Good luck to them.

Have one middle school out there with grades 6-8, or 7-8. The eighth grade team wasn't even able to finish the season.

I couldn't agree more. The fact that every county around us has a middle school should tell you something. As a graduate of Grundy County High School i am embarrassed by our school board and their inability to look beyond "Big 8" basketball. Having 6 grammar schools (pre-k thru 8th grade)breads nothing but dissension among our athletes and fans. As a school board they had rather accommodate the old school buddy system and vote to remodel decrepit school houses instead of building a new one. Grundy County will continue to struggle at the high school level until this is resolved. I also agree with the earlier post about the offense we are running. What ever happened to gut, wham, belly, and the triple option? There is truth in names.....those plays are designed for big, slow, and strong teams. We are running "jet" and "speed" with those same kids. It's like naming your child Wilbur and expecting him to be a track star.....not gonna happen. With kids like Johnny, Michael, Hayden, Austin, Schylar, Terrince, Derrick, Jessie, Colby, William, Dakota, Dillon, Robert, Claude, and Evan.......we need to pound the ball! Just speaking the truth. It would be different with kids named Jabron, Mikel, Da-Rick.