(1A) AP Poll Oct. 10th

theGURU

These polls are a joke. Here is what the top 5 poll should look like and what it will look like at the end of the year I think: 1. SP 2. Huntingdon 3. Gordonsville 4. Wayne Co. 5. Perry Co.

Sunbright being in front of Gordonsville is nothing but a complete joke and I don't like Gordonsville but they could easily mercy rule teams 5-9 on this list. Shows what the polls know!

I'm telling ya...A. Gap is #2.

powerp, Have you saw Huntingdon, Wayne Co, or Perry Co play this year?

History teaches us that these teams are always overated...Agreed Huntingdon had an impressive win, it would appear...but again based on history that may be a fluke due to whatever...anyway I guess what I'm saying is all of you guys are gonna have to prove to the East you have it this year or is this just a repeat of the same?...Bottom line...you can talk all you want it's time to show it.

Your boys may hear that fans on the "T" are calling them out and that could work in your favor.I agee with another post......Gordonsville at this point should be much higher in the polls.

Edited by TheBlackPearl

History teaches us that these teams are always overated...Agreed Huntingdon had an impressive win, it would appear...but again based on history that may be a fluke due to whatever...anyway I guess what I'm saying is all of you guys are gonna have to prove to the East you have it this year or is this just a repeat of the same?...Bottom line...you can talk all you want it's time to show it.

Your boys may hear that fans on the "T" are calling them out and that could work in your favor.I agee with another post......Gordonsville at this point should be much higher in the polls.

History teaches us that these teams are always overrated??????????? Just because they have not finished 1st at the end does not make them overrated. However only 2 years ago Union City came out of this overrated bunch and won it all. They beat Wayne County to get to the championship game and that game was closer than the final score. Union City also beat SP in the Championship. That year Huntingdon & Union City beat each other once each. Put it this way the last few years the tougher part of the bracket has been the WEST teams over all. South Pitt may have a good thing going over there but the west teams have been a lot like the SEC they have beaten each other up to get to the Championship. Looks to be the same this year. SP & G'ville may be the best in the east but there are several teams in the west that will have to fight all the way through. When Huntingdon, WC, & PC are all unbeaten with JB & Clarksville Acd. setting there with good records and all of them could (probably not)end up in the same quad, who then has the toughest road to get to the top?

just seein if powerp was basing his opinion after seeing everybody....nothing more. Was Union City overrated in 2010?

Dont compare west Tennessee to the SEC. SEC has won 5 straight not 1 in 5 years. Maybe the Big 10 or Big 12, different team can go, but cant win in allroflolk.gif

I wasn't referring to the number of Championships. I was referring to there being more TUFF games along the way and the last few years there have been more TUFFER teams to battle with in the west than the east. We are all battling to get to play SP and by the time a west team gets there they have had to beat several very good teams and on the east side it's been SP with their biggest game being G'ville. 2 years ago JB beat PC then WC beat JB in over time then WC lost to UC in a very hard fought game (UC also beat Huntingdon in the playoffs) and UC then beat SP for the GOLD Ball. The east has been more like the Big 10 or 12 and have had to only win 1 maybe 2 "big games" before the Championship.

Wayne Co. has had nothin but the up most respect for South Pitt. and JB. You can go back and look that all Wayne Co. fans think that our boys are good but not number 1 until we carry home the gold ball, but Wayne Co. is not overrated. We have been goin to the playoffs for years and makin it to the second or third round of the playoffs and usually get put out by the runner up or state champion. South Pitt. is good but for you to say these WC boys are overrated just because G'ville isn't ranked 2nd or 3rd is completely ignorant.

Huntington will be a tough team to beat for anybody in 1A so I wouldnt write them off.....

I may have gotten carried away a bit, but I still do stand by what I say. Last year the only team to give South Pitt any type of game in the playoffs was Gordonsville. I've watched Gville twice this year and they're every bit as good, if not better, than they were last year. I've said it all year and that is the only reason Gordonsville is not being ranked until now is because their record is not as juicy as everyone elses. Also after these 3 upcoming games for South Pitt it would not suprise me to see South Pitt drop in the polls because I believe they will struggle a bit in the next few weeks because they have 3 tough games coming up against Boyd, Polk County, and Grace Christian. If I were to rank the teams right now I would do it like this:

#1 South Pittsburgh

#2 Gordonsville

#3 Huntington

#4 Wayne County

#5 Perry County

I may have gotten carried away a bit, but I still do stand by what I say. Last year the only team to give South Pitt any type of game in the playoffs was Gordonsville. I've watched Gville twice this year and they're every bit as good, if not better, than they were last year. I've said it all year and that is the only reason Gordonsville is not being ranked until now is because their record is not as juicy as everyone elses. Also after these 3 upcoming games for South Pitt it would not suprise me to see South Pitt drop in the polls because I believe they will struggle a bit in the next few weeks because they have 3 tough games coming up against Boyd, Polk County, and Grace Christian. If I were to rank the teams right now I would do it like this:

#1 South Pittsburgh

#2 Gordonsville

#3 Huntington

#4 Wayne County

#5 Perry County

Well if I had to Rank them it would look like this.

#1 South Pittsburgh (until they are put out they are on top)

#2 Perry County

#3 Wayne County(PC beat them last year so they have to beat PC to be considered better)

#4 Gordonsville (only losses are to 2 powerhouse teams)

#5 Huntingdon(1 really nice win but they wont beat PC or WC when semis role around)