Signal Mountain to appeal

Rabble Rouser

You assume alot, guvna. I can assure you, Tim's best interests were, and still are, served by him attending Signal Mountain, rather than staying at LFO, or attending Brainerd or even Ooltewah. Don't expect you to believe that, but it's okay.

You quit talking to me. Does that mean you found the answer to the question(s)?

No you are being obtuse. Greeneville is in a zone CLEARLY defined by it's city limits. TSSAA does not "interpret" a territory. It reads it off a map. HCBE has a zone/territory map just like every other school system in the state. TSSAA has not "interpreted" SM territory either. There is a map that clearly defines the zone/territory. This interpretation crap is a bunch of double-talk specifically aimed at deflecting the issue and covering their azzes. I guess it all goes back to Bill Clinton...it all depends on what your definition of "is" is :flower:

clean up the language, babs. that's the second crass reference you've made regarding a posterior on this board. don't preach strict adherence to one set of rules and then act like others don't apply to you.

thanks,

pseudo mod

Edited by snoball5278
  • Upvote 7

You assume alot, guvna. I can assure you, Tim's best interests were, and still are, served by him attending Signal Mountain, rather than staying at LFO, or attending Brainerd or even Ooltewah. Don't expect you to believe that, but it's okay.

And the above quote is exactly why there is no pity party planned for you, your high school of choice, or anybody else involved with this situation. For your information the high school in which you place upon a pedestal is no better or no worse that any other school. Education starts at home, with the parents. Your efforts to spin this into academic opportunities is a joke. Everybody knows this is about stacking the deck athletically. You & the people around you have hurt your own local kids by mirrors and deception.

Having a shinny new school, busing athletes up a dang hill, thumping your chest, and screaming at the top of your lungs along with the pounding of your fingers at every turn put you in the spotlight. Well that Childress man just cut off your electricity. Your arrogance has been noted. The blame rests with the man you see in the mirror! :thumb:

Edited by WiseOldManGiles
  • Upvote 1

I think TSSAA was originally pointed toward SM for recruiting, but it is very difficult to prove such so they turned their attention to other means which are fact based to penalize SM. It is kind of like if you were a bad student in school and the teacher knew you cheated on the test and could not prove it, then she will keep digging at you until she can get you for the least little thing she can find. SM consider yourselves lucky your getting slapped on the wrist and not having the book thrown at you over this. TSSAA knows more but can not prove it, let the big dog rest or he will bite you. They will be like a hawk on your program for many years to come. With that said I hate that this happened to you guys as I had spoken very highly of you guys as becoming the new Riverdale, Alcoa, Brentwood Academy for the next 10 years. Kids want to play for winners and parents will help kids achieve their dreams, parents rent houses, move or whatever to allow their gifted kids to play at the elite level. The above mentioned teams have all had parents that sacrificed these things for their kids to play on these teams, the difference is the coaches of these teams knew how to get around the rules. It happens on many other teams to but it is done the right way where no questions can not be backed up by facts. I remember in the 90's when 1 kid from Chatt. moved to Riverdale solely to play for them and same year the best player from crossville/cookeville area just so happened to show up there to, everyone questioned it but it was all done legally. After there senior years the family's moved back to there home towns. There is MANY schools that have kids come in just because of their athletics, but they are told up-front by the coaches on how to handle it the correct way, seen 8 kids in the last year that I know 100% left their schools to go to others that would either give them a better chance of winning or a better chance for playing time. Signal Mountain is not even close to being the only team that has a kid that moved in for a sport. Heck I know 10 schools right now that has kids not zoned for them but they went about getting the kids into their schools the proper way. Good luck to you guys.

And the above quote is exactly why there is no pity party planned for you, your high school of choice, or anybody else involved with this situation. For your information the high school in which you place upon a pedestal is no better or no worse that any other school. Education starts at home, with the parents. Your efforts to spin this into academic opportunities is a joke. Everybody knows this is about stacking the deck athletically. You & the people around you have hurt your own local kids by mirrors and deception.

Having a shinny new school, busing athletes up a dang hill, thumping your chest, and screaming at the top of your lungs along with the pounding of your fingers at every turn put you in the spotlight. Well that Childress man just cut off your electricity. Your arrogance has been noted. The blame rests with the man you see in the mirror! :thumb:

+1

:thumb:

ok, time to call BS on the whole thing.

The Signal Mountain folks are crying because they didn't know how to fill out the paperwork correctly, played an ineligible player, got busted, and are now trying to obfuscate the whole situation out of arrogance and hurt feelings that anyone dare to question them. Your players got screwed by your administration's incompetence - deal with it.

For God's sake, Bledsoe had a player that freaking DIED, and the team sucked it up and carried on. How about putting things in perspective for once? SM is suffering from their own incompetence and arrogance - get your own house in order and plan for next year.

:roll:

I might agree with your post if I knew what obfuscate meant. But then again, I might not agree with your post if I knew what obfuscate meant.

I might agree with your post if I knew what obfuscate meant. But then again, I might not agree with your post if I knew what obfuscate meant.

ob·fus·cate

   [ob-fuh-skeyt, ob-fuhs-keyt] Show IPA

verb (used with object), -cat·ed, -cat·ing.

1. to confuse, bewilder, or stupefy.

2. to make obscure or unclear: to obfuscate a problem with extraneous information.

3. to darken.

Origin: 1525–35; < Late Latin obfuscÄtus (past participle of obfuscÄre to darken), equivalent to Latin ob- ob- + fusc ( us ) dark + -Ätus -ate1

Related forms

ob·fus·ca·tion, noun

ob·fus·ca·to·ry  [ob-fuhs-kuh-tawr-ee, -tohr-ee] Show IPA, adjective

un·ob·fus·cat·ed, adjective

Synonyms

1. muddle, perplex. 2. cloud.

Antonyms

1. clarify.

There ya go buddy!

:thumb:

Edited by Yeehaw