Signal Mountain to appeal

Rabble Rouser

Smeagle, TSSAA doesn't care what zone HCBE says he is in. It cares only if the house he resides in is within the SM school zone. I can go to the county's web site and input any address in Hamilton county and it will tell me what schools it is zoned for. If TSSAA did contact the BOE it would be to verify that the address listed on the eligibility form was within the schools geographic school zone as stated on the form. Clearly a house in Brainerd is nowhere close to Signal mountain.

Who gets to make up the territories? Also just like you say SM should have called the TSSAA shouldn't the TSSAA have called the HCDE and asked what zone. Of course not it's different right. Well we don't believe it's any different. :thumb:

And apparently there are a lot of other schools across the state that feel the same as us. You might want to call the Greeneville administrator and ask their opinion. You might start singing a different tune if you did. Just saying' :roflolk:

Edited by smeagle1

Travel expenses and meals for the board and any support staff needed to convene could run several thousand dollars...depending on how well they like to eat...

It will probably be based on the state rate for hotels, per diem and what ever travel is these days multiplied by however many people so it could hit that.

Transfers between schools for whatever reason happen daily. I bet there are few reasons TSSAA hasn't seen. While reasons are relevant, how a school system classifies a hardship transfer is irrelevant. That is precisely the reason TSSAA goes out of their way to define the zone as a geographic territory. HCBE isn't appeaing this ruling and has no standng in the proceedngs aside from being a material witness. This will be a hearing about procedure, not intent. There is no "but we thought" defense. Athletes transfer between schools all the time...it is a common occurance. If all us dumb old hicks in Greeneville can figure out how to file the appropriate paperwork, surely the administration of a nationally acclaimed, award winning, academic institution of excellence like Signal Mountain can.

Who gets to make up the territories? Also just like you say SM should have called the TSSAA shouldn't the TSSAA have called the HCDE and asked what zone. Of course not it's different right. Well we don't believe it's any different. :thumb:

And apparently there are a lot of other schools across the state that feel the same as us. You might want to call the Greeneville administrator and ask their opinion. You might start singing a different tune if you did. Just saying' :roflolk:

A hardship transfer does not redefine a school zone...Greeneville administrators have been dealing with ooz athletes for many years and there have been plenty of good athletes there that have had to sit a season to be eligible...Willie Carmichael included. You almost never see a ooz transfer in Greene County in a kids senior year unless there is bonafide hardship and the school's AD is doing a disservice to that kid if he doesn't explain to the kid and his parents that there is a chance that TSSAA might reject the hardship request. If SM is going to welcome ooz hardship transfers to participate in athletics, they had better get proficient in processing those students or they are in for alot of grief.

It will probably be based on the state rate for hotels, per diem and what ever travel is these days multiplied by however many people so it could hit that.

why would they do that when they aren't an official state entity? the bylaws state the schools must pick up the expenses if they lose the appeal but don't specify any limits.

Maybe the TSSAA will wait until after the first round of the playoffs to respond to the request. :roflolk:

+1 roflolk.gif

Shoot, that's chump change for rich folks like smeagle and Dr. Mountain Troll

thumb[1].gif

blah blah blah... several thousand dollars.... cluck cluck cluck....

the troll's got scrooge mcduck money.

money-bin-scrooge-mcduck.jpg

you're talking about butter and egg money, babs.

5168138_f520.jpg

• Upvote 1

yeah being educated and having a good paying job really does stink <_< . Anyway, didnt this kid go to LFO? what is the ruling on kids from out of state?

If he had moved into Signal Mtn school zone instead of Brainerd he would have been eligible. The problem is his OOZ enrollment in SM.

yeah being educated and having a good paying job really does stink <_< . Anyway, didnt this kid go to LFO? what is the ruling on kids from out of state?

it doest stink near as much as money that doesn't come a lil extra privilege. wink wink icon_e_wink.gif

and yes, they ruled that LFO did not fall in tn's territory/zone/sovereign land. roflol.gif

Edited by snoball5278