Signal Mountain to appeal

Rabble Rouser

Your reading and comprehension skills must really suck!!!

Obviously not as badly as SMMHS's coaches/administration reading and comprehension skills in regards to TSSAA Bylaws... :roflol:

No one has personally attacked this kid. He was obviously misled by people in authority that looked only to benefit from his football skills. That's not his fault. But the sad part is, those people will continue to coach and cheat long after this and the other kids have graduated and they won't have a second thought other than it will be a blip on their win/loss record.

What mistake? We have said clearly that we feel like what we submitted was correct. After the ruling our administration went back over everything and determined that they feel like they did everything correct. There reasoning was also echoed by the coach at Soddy who had the nads to say it. There are many others schools that have the same interpretation as we do.

Yeah...ones that recruit heavily. :flower:

This horse has been beaten to death so I might as well throw a punch too. The problem that I have with a few of you SM people on here (not SM as a whole) is every time something comes up (fight with SD and this topic to name 2), you always claim the haters are trying to bring you down. Never will own up to anything. If I remember correctly, some SM people were even on here blaming the TFP reporter after the fight. Everybody knows what the deal is and you do too. It’s the attitude of a few of you SM people on here that are building your “hater†following. Quit making excuses and blaming everyone else. You got caught, own up and move on or to coin an old phrase “just drop back and puntâ€. Oh wait, you can’t punt because you always go for it.

Were you comfortable up 35 late? I doubt even SM could score 5 touchdowns to tie in 150 seconds. The hurrying up the plays mention was either or the Chattanoogan or the new site, (Nooga?).

Even with the score far out of reach, the coach continued to pound away at concealed foes. With his team leading 69-35, the Eagles went for it on fourth down. With every snap, Phillips was told to hurry to the line of scrimmage. This was the time to escape from the outside world. Not a second was to be wasted

http://www.nooga.com/20120_signal-unleashes-frustration-on-ccs/

The only question remaining in all of this mess is... will there be any coaching/administration changes as a result of this. Or, are the parents/supporters there so blind that they can't see what is going on? Or, is the "win at all cost" attitude an accurate reflection of the citizens of Signal Mountain? The gap between the "haves" and "have nots" out there is huge. I don't know many of the "haves" from out there, but the ones that I do know seem snobby and above everyone else. I know plenty of the "have nots" from out there and they all seem to be good people. I think it's time for the "have nots" to take over and start running the place and bring honesty and respect back to the mountain.

Bingo!

Forever more. That's FOREVER more, Signal Mountain High School will be knows as "the cheaters". Is that the symbol the community and school family wants to wear on their back forever? You wanted the attention. Smile. You have achieved notoriety! :mrgreen:

• Upvote 1

This horse has been beaten to death so I might as well throw a punch too. The problem that I have with a few of you SM people on here (not SM as a whole) is every time something comes up (fight with SD and this topic to name 2), you always claim the haters are trying to bring you down. Never will own up to anything. If I remember correctly, some SM people were even on here blaming the TFP reporter after the fight. Everybody knows what the deal is and you do too. It’s the attitude of a few of you SM people on here that are building your “hater†following. Quit making excuses and blaming everyone else. You got caught, own up and move on or to coin an old phrase “just drop back and puntâ€. Oh wait, you can’t punt because you always go for it.

+1

But if you can play competitive sports at a championship we at SMMHS wll take a shot at it...

Wow barb, you really are a self-righteous witch. It's one thing to talk about stupid post and posters but to blatantly insinuate this kid is stupid was pathetic. Attacking me is one thing and I really don't care as I'm fair game. But stooping this low is, well it's just low. Hope you feel better.

You know Snoball and I have had differences in the past but after today I have to stand united with him in his assessment that you are a hypocrite.

PurpleGrad still can't see people attacking the kid?

Even more on running it up, from the comment on the game story on the FP:

I wish Mr Gossett would have included this account at the game in his article: on Signals last series of the game with very little time left ,they decided for whatever reason they needed another score, so they decided to pass, fortunely,( as Steve Spurrier would say about his gators),"God was shining down on CCS": as the SM qb drops back to pass, a reserve defensive man blind sides the qp forces a fumble and recovers the football..

Trying to hit 80, it's lucky they didn't get an injury to their quarterback.

Wow barb, you really are a self-righteous witch. It's one thing to talk about stupid post and posters but to blatantly insinuate this kid is stupid was pathetic. Attacking me is one thing and I really don't care as I'm fair game. But stooping this low is, well it's just low. Hope you feel better.

You know Snoball and I have had differences in the past but after today I have to stand united with him in his assessment that you are a hypocrite.

I didn't read that as Barb attacking the kid... I see her attacking the coaches and administration by saying that as long as there is a kid that can help their chances of winning a championship, they are willing to risk bending/breaking a few rules. She can speak for herself, but that's the way I took it.

Yeah...ones that recruit heavily. :flower:

Well I'd say win or lose this appeal, SM will have every eligibility record they submit scrutinized, double-checked, triple-checked and smeaglized from this day forward. TSSAA might even hire a special agent assgned to SM to visit every student at the address listed on their forms to verify they are properly eligible.

Even more on running it up, from the comment on the game story on the FP:

I wish Mr Gossett would have included this account at the game in his article: on Signals last series of the game with very little time left ,they decided for whatever reason they needed another score, so they decided to pass, fortunely,( as Steve Spurrier would say about his gators),"God was shining down on CCS": as the SM qb drops back to pass, a reserve defensive man blind sides the qp forces a fumble and recovers the football..

Trying to hit 80, it's lucky they didn't get an injury to their quarterback.

Why is SM always so focused on their offense? It sounds like their defense is what needs a lot of work.

I try to keep out of this stuff, but I hate when a team tries to run up the score on an innocent opponent. Greeneville has scored a lot of points on these types of teams before, but they at least did it with the Freshmen in the game.

I did not insinuate anybody was stupid, only that SM wouldn't care as long as they can be made eligible.