Signal Mountain to appeal

Rabble Rouser

If he had moved into Signal Mtn school zone instead of Brainerd he would have been eligible. The problem is his OOZ enrollment in SM.

could SM really have a case on this? I'm not so much into it for the 6 wins. I want to see this kid play again. He has skills that produce at the next level, and the kid is a true hard knocks story. I route for the underdogs that rise up. How come nobody really talks about Alcoa, Maryville, Riverdale? you would figure that somebody would want to dig dirt on these legendary programs.

Edited by tomsignal

the problem is... signal didn't have the luxury of open enrollment. thumb[1].gif

even if they had, they still would have had to file the paperwork correctly snobaby. One thing about having open enrollment, you don't do anything that isn't 100% in compliance. Do you honestly think Alcoa, Greeneville and other open enrollment schools aren't subjected to a great deal of scrutiny? I guarantee every piece of paper submitted by an oe school is gone over with a magnifying glass. SM has just opened itself and probably the rest of Hamilton County schools to the same scrutiny going forward. If you are going to do it, best learn how to do it correctly.

even if they had, they still would have had to file the paperwork correctly snobaby. One thing about having open enrollment, you don't do anything that isn't 100% in compliance. Do you honestly think Alcoa, Greeneville and other open enrollment schools aren't subjected to a great deal of scrutiny? I guarantee every piece of paper submitted by an oe school is gone over with a magnifying glass. SM has just opened itself and probably the rest of Hamilton County schools to the same scrutiny going forward. If you are going to do it, best learn how to do it correctly.

you all should invite all the other coaches and a.d.'s in the state to a clinic on how to cheat other schools properly. thumb[1].gif

• Upvote 1

why would they do that when they aren't an official state entity? the bylaws state the schools must pick up the expenses if they lose the appeal but don't specify any limits.

because most of them actually are in their day job and plus the U.S. Supreme Court ruled in 2001 that the TSSAA activities are "state action" and in addition to that it is recognized by the State Board of Education. If these rules don't apply I would be surprised. Otherwise the would be staying at the Ritz, eating caviar and drinking $1k bottle wine. :roflol: There is a potential for tax money involved as well.

yeah being educated and having a good paying job really does stink <_< . Anyway, didnt this kid go to LFO? what is the ruling on kids from out of state?

The more important issue was that he participated in spring practice at LFO. That effects the out of zone issue.

Then you would think, will very little investigation from the start, everyone would of raised a red flag on this one. This really isnt saying a lot for our beloved school system.

The HCDE wasn't interested in the athletic attributes of this kid's move to Signal. Obviously, he had a compelling reason for them to issue a hardship for him to attend SMMHS for academic purposes. The problem doesn't lie in the "school system" but rather the SMMHS administration's lack (unintentional/willfull) of knowledge concerning the rules of TSSAA.

*Edited before the grammar/spelling police caught me!! :roflol:

Edited by PurpleGrad

Who gets to make up the territories? Also just like you say SM should have called the TSSAA shouldn't the TSSAA have called the HCDE and asked what zone. Of course not it's different right. Well we don't believe it's any different. :thumb:

Smeagle1.. please get a plus membership so I can send you a personal message. I have some questions for you but they don't need to be aired on an open forum.