Signal Mountain to appeal

Rabble Rouser

Do you guys never give up? Has anyone else noticed the SM posters on here? It does not matter what the comment is.....the rest of us are just too stupid to see it clearly. If yall would slow down and calm down, go back and reread some of the post you have made to others, smeagle you are acting rediculous! When someone makes a valid point that you can't argue...you attack them personally!

All of us did not receive the fine education you did, so maybe our grammar is a little off, but apparently you sir was not taught respect. We are neighbors ALL OF US, like it or not. The rest of us can't help what we see and how we interpret it, just like you have an opinion, we have ours. We are not attacking you, but you and your fellow SMers are attacking us. None of this is in our hands, there is a group that is making the decision as we speak.

I know you are reading this trying to figure out your next comeback...I have raised 4 boys and everytime I have ever corrected them they hear half of it and begin trying to plot their retaliation before I finish, so I know I am opening the door for your insults...that's okay, I have thick skin....but you need to think about the way you are representing your community, it is comical. A week from today you and the Eagles will travel off the mountain to play our boys...you will be shown respect, no matter the outcome of this. Please try to return the favor to all your fellow fans (I know some of the fans on here are doing the same thing you are), but their community's reputation is not being questioned on this thread. Look back on SM post and IF you OPEN your eyes and get past the anger, you may see why you have offended people and made them mad, and WHY PEOPLE LOOK AT SIGNAL THE WAY THEY DO!

For the posters like GOOSEDAD... It is the parents like you that I hate this for, my heart would be broke for my boys if they were facing what the EAGLES are, I really hate it that the administration and coaching staff have put the kids in this situation, I really hope the parents go to the people in charge and get the answers they need and deserve. Good luck in the future, and we will see you guys next week!

I have said and will say again Sequatchie is the best place I have been to for a game and I'm looking forward to coming there next Friday. If you go the to Sequatchie vs Signal thread you will see a bunch of talk about SM putting 100 on Sequatchie, this isn't being done by SM posters. This is being done by others just trying to stir the pot.

If I call someone a name or talk about their grammar there is a reason. And you saying I'm attacking them when they make a valid point is the reason. Most of the things are just blatant lies but people that haven't been following closely will see them as valid points. The people posting know they are not true but that doesn't matter. Also you say people are not attacking SM please go back and read this thread from the beginning. If you do you will see that's what they have been doing now for two weeks. Also go check out the comments on the Times Free Press website that are attached to any story if you need additional proof. Yesterday your principle got his feelings hurt and lashed out about his integrity being questioned, isn't that what has been going on here about SM, the administrators, coaches and even this player? And again its been going on for two weeks.

The easy thing would have been to just ignore everything. However, that means people like you would only be seeing one side of the story that is full of lies and/or half-truths. Even though you don't like my post they still show that there is another side to the story.

Signal Mountain’s appeal denied by TSSAA

by Stephen Hargis

Tennessee Secondary School Athletic Association’s Board of Control voted Friday morning to deny Signal Mountain High School’s appeal of an earlier ruling that forced the football team to vacate six wins.

The majority decision verdict upheld the TSSAA’s Oct. 7 ruling that Eagles senior linebacker and running back Tim McClendon was ineligible. It was determined by a TSSAA investigation that Signal Mountain did not properly fill out the paper work to allow McClendon to be eligible. McClendon, who transferred from Lakeview-Fort Oglethorpe, does not live in Signal Mountain’s school zone.

Signal Mountain’s appeal lasted nearly three hours Thursday, led by attorney Clancy Covert who interviewed McClendon, McClendon’s mother, Signal head coach Bill Price, athletic director Patty Lane, Hamilton County school board member Chip Baker and assistant coach Shane Roberson — who has been McClendon’s mentor since middle school. Principal Dr. Tom McCullough also spoke on behalf of the school.

The board then held a closed-door meeting to discuss the issue for nearly five hours before deciding to delay its vote until Friday morning.

One thing we can be sure of, He is bigger, faster, stronger and a better player than the Signal Mountain boy thats been sitting on the bench all season <_<

Which Kid was that on the bench. In one game this year, we had 13 players with rushing stats (one was the QB). Tell me another school running 12 different backs in a game. Coach Price rotates players so often most don't even notice.

Which Kid was that on the bench. In one game this year, we had 13 players with rushing stats (one was the QB). Tell me another school running 12 different backs in a game. Coach Price rotates players so often most don't even notice.

Seems like I read that Price boy had a breakout home last week.

I was speaking of his LB position. but it sounds like you have plenty of boys to fill in.

oh i love it ha ha ha ha...the only thing better would be if the tssaa was to look into donnie garner last year and take away there state championship because he lived with a family up on the mountain during the week and with his family on the weekend....cant wait to hear what signal mtn fan club excuses are on this one

I just want to say thank you to the TSSAA for finally trying to put a stop to this whole situation!! I think i speak for many people who realize that this isn't the first student-athlete that should not have been going to Signal Mountain when i say this is what you get Signal for stealing everyone's players. I wish someone had looked into Donnie Garner's real address last season and this may have been prevented sooner!!!!

The verdict is in. The illeagles will play Greeneville 1st round at Greeneville. Solves the problems.

1) They make the playoffs.

2) They get mercy ruled for the 2nd time this season.

3) Everyone else is relieved of listening to them rant about how they were the greatest thing that ever came down the pipe. :roflolk:

Trust me...They are not the greatest thing that ever came down the pipe. B)

• Upvote 1