Lexington 2nd to Greenville in AP? Is this a joke?

TriplesAlley

I by no means agree with the starter of this post. It's clear that Greeneville is the proven team. With that being sad I have a few problems with your post. We handled the middle of the state with ease last year. The defense is improving weekly and are really starting to click. Last year at trezavent there are intangibles that I won't bother mentioning because you'll take them as excuses. Lexington was a much better team than trezvent but that is aside the point because that was last year. In high school football you can't ever chalk up a win because of teenage emotion. I wish Greeneville luck because there is no one else Lexington would rather play than the best.

Trezevant tried to play thet teenage emotion crap with Greeneville and Ballard countered with discipline. I don't doubt that Lexington was a much better team than Trezevant, just not disciplined enough to overcome the "intangibles".

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about you quit your whining and realize that polls mean NOTHING in high school. If your team really is the best 4A has to offer(which I highly doubt), let them show it the first week of December instead of starting a thread to complain like a little girl about how some newspaper writers didn't give your team the credit you think they deserve.

Good post my friend. Fans cry because their team is ranked this or that.Just play the game and come playoff time we will see who is the best! Number is just a number!

Good post my friend. Fans cry because their team is ranked this or that.Just play the game and come playoff time we will see who is the best! Number is just a number!

I would happen to agree with this post, however, I don't have a problem with him believing his team should be number one. I just don't think he has a leg to stand on when he says Greeneville doesn't deserve to be number one.

I have never seen Lexington play so I will not pass judgement on where they should be ranked (which is pointless anyways this ain't the BCS), however I have seen Greeneville play three times this year and came away impressed each time. Coming in to the year I thought they would be down from last year but they seem to be just as dominant. West and Alcoa are 2 very good programs and Greeneville played right with West and did whatever they wanted against Alcoa. Like I said I'm not going to say where Lexington should or shouldn't be because I know nothing about them, but I do know that Greeneville is a heck of a football team that wouldn't suprise me in the slightest if they went back to back this year...I do hate them though.

Trezevant tried to play thet teenage emotion crap with Greeneville and Ballard countered with discipline. I don't doubt that Lexington was a much better team than Trezevant, just not disciplined enough to overcome the "intangibles".

Trezevant had no flags in the semi finals, i think they had upwards of 11 in the championship, that sounds a little off to me, but hey obviously with me being from the west I don't know anything about football. So go ahead and all you eastern football fans go ahead and jump on the greeneville band wagon because your team is trash.

Trezevant had no flags in the semi finals, i think they had upwards of 11 in the championship, that sounds a little off to me, but hey obviously with me being from the west I don't know anything about football. So go ahead and all you eastern football fans go ahead and jump on the greeneville band wagon because your team is trash.

How many Greeneville starters were ejected against trezevant?

How many Greeneville starters were ejected against trezevant?

Ha, taking a jab at a high schooler, you're mature barb. :thumb:

I would take you through the situation but you're obviously on a 1 track mind so I would hate to confuse you. All I'm saying is if someone took cheap shots at me all night and I felt my ankle was in danger of serious injury I would have retaliated as well, The home town officials seemed to overlook at the cheap shots taken that night.

Ha, taking a jab at a high schooler, you're mature barb. :thumb:

I would take you through the situation but you're obviously on a 1 track mind so I would hate to confuse you. All I'm saying is if someone took cheap shots at me all night and I felt my ankle was in danger of serious injury I would have retaliated as well, The home town officials seemed to overlook at the cheap shots taken that night.

Thanks LH for making my point. Maybe next time you bring up those 11 penalties Trezevant had you better check how many were for cheap shots on the kicker,holder and long snapper. Face it, trezevant thought it would be just as easy to push Greeneville's button as it was Lexington's. Obviously they were mistaken

Thanks LH for making my point. Maybe next time you bring up those 11 penalties Trezevant had you better check how many were for cheap shots on the kicker,holder and long snapper. Face it, trezevant thought it would be just as easy to push Greeneville's button as it was Lexington's. Obviously they were mistaken

Obviously, you misunderstood the post. They had no flags what so ever against lexington. However, continued to throw cheap shot after cheap shot that never got called. If they weren't punished for it greeneville might got a tad upset as well.