2011 TN Titans Mr Football Ballot: Kicker of the Year

CoachT

Since there are three kickers from all classes combined there is only one thread on the message boards for this nomination.

Who do you suggest I put on the ballot? I can vote for up to three players in the category for the Mr. Football Kicker of the Year. Place-kickers and Punters are eligible for selection as the Kicker of the Year. There will be only three finalists for the award, regardless of classification. So please keep in mind that a kicker from any school may be nominated.

Mr

Negative comments do not work in this thread. This is the time to tell us who IS deserving, not who is not. This thread is for kickers only.

For the fifth consecutive year, the Tennessee Titans Mr. Football Awards are being underwritten by a generous grant from the Tennessee Titans Foundation. The TSSAA is very appreciative of the generosity of team owner Bud Adams for his financial support of these awards and to the Titans organization for its wide-ranging support of student-athletes across our state.

Thirty-three finalists will again be honored at this year’s awards luncheon. This group is to include three finalists for Mr. Football Lineman of the Year and three finalists for Mr. Football Back of the Year in each classification (Class A, AA, and AAA in Division I and Class A and AA in Division II). There will be three finalists, regardless of classification, for the Mr. Football Kicker of the Year award. They are to be selected via a vote of football coaches and selected members of the media. The winners of the coveted award are to receive the distinguished Mr. Football trophy with the other finalists being presented plaques.

These outstanding individuals and their schools are to be recognized along with their parents and coaches at the prestigious Tennessee Titans Mr. Football Luncheon, scheduled Monday, November 28 at the Embassy Suites Hotel and Convention Center in Murfreesboro.

Each of the designated media outlets, of which you are one, is asked to submit the name of up to three players in each classification for the Mr. Football Lineman of the Year Award and the Mr. Football Back of the Year Award. You are also asked to submit three players, regardless of classification, for the Mr. Football Kicker of the Year award. It is not necessary to vote for three players in each category, but that is your option. If you feel an individual player is one of the top three players in both categories, then you may list him in both.

In order for your ballot to be counted, it must be received in our office via mail or fax

(1-615-889-0544) no later than MONDAY, OCTOBER 31. Please help honor Tennessee’s finest by responding today.

Landon Foster. I don't know stats but I think every kick off except one is been a touch back this year (the last kick off vs Coffee County when his leg was about to fall off). And he as a kicker was the big difference vs franklin the other night. 4 punts inside the three yard line, one that allowed the defense to get the deciding safety. He is the best kicker I have ever seen in high school.

Through 8 games this year Farragut's Jonathan King has hit on 9 of 13 field goals. He has connected from 21, 28, 33, 40, 45, 48, 49, 50 and 51 yards. His misses were from 32, 46 and 51 yards with a 40 yard attempt blocked. His 21 career field goals are a school record as is his career long of 52 yards. His field goals have often come at pivotal times, as Jonathan was good from 49 yards on the final play of the first half vs. Oak Ridge, was good from 40 yards on the final play of the first half vs. Knoxville Catholic, was good from 50 yards on the next-to-last play of the first half vs. Knoxville West and, later in that game, hit from 33 yards with 58 seconds remaining to give Farragut a 6 point cushion. I should also note that his career best 52 yarder came on the final play of the first half in last year's opening round playoff contest at Sevier County. He missed his first PAT 2 weeks ago and is now 52 of 53 for his career (20 of 21 this year). In 2011 32 of Jonathan's 38 kickoffs have resulted in touchbacks, and he has 74 touchbacks for his career. He is averaging 38.2 yards on 26 punts this year, 12 of which have been marked inside the 20. Jonathan's net average is 35.4, the difference due almost entirely to punts that have carried into the endzone, as only 1 of his punts has been returned. His long this year is 53 yards (twice), while his career long is 63 yards - and, make no mistake, these were not of the "friendly roll" variety. In addition, on the opening play of the 2nd half against Knoxville West Jonathan recovered his own perfectly executed onside kick.