Sequatchie Co. vs. Signal Mnt. (Oct.28)

Omniscience

Once an Indian Always an Indian! I hope both teams show some class and demonstrate better sportsmanship than most of the Adults( I use that term loosely) that have been trying to make this into more than it is! Friday Night Lights were boys become Men win or lose football builds character. We will see who's team shows the most class tomorrow night!

I think both teams will play their hearts out and leave it all on the field. I also believe the players and coaches will conduct themselves appropriately.:thumb:

But I will go ahead and say it now. This is the final football game of their life for many of Signal's seniors, and I am sure they will play with an intensity never before seen. Every player on this team has committed to giving 100% effort on every play of the game. I fully expect to see our starters in the game from the opening whistle to the final buzzer, and I expect them to leave it all on the field.:thumb:

No one should ask these boys to spend the final minutes of their high school football careers standing on the sidelines watching the clock tick.

If anybody wants to get on here and call that classless, biteme.gif

Edited by MountainTroll
  • Upvote 7

So its ok to run up the score since it is their last game? I don't agree but at least there may be some room for discussion on that issue.

How do you justify running the score up on CCS a couple of weeks ago?

This is just my opinion. You play every down like it matters. If you are on offense, you try to score. If you are on defense, you try to stop the other team from scoring. You put your best 11 players on the field at all times, unless there is a reason to do otherwise. (ie. you need to rest or protect your starters for later in the season, or, you need to work your subs for later in the season) If there is no "later in the season", you give it all you got every snap.

• Upvote 1

This is just my opinion. You play every down like it matters. If you are on offense, you try to score. If you are on defense, you try to stop the other team from scoring. You put your best 11 players on the field at all times, unless there is a reason to do otherwise. (ie. you need to rest or protect your starters for later in the season, or, you need to work your subs for later in the season) If there is no "later in the season", you give it all you got every snap.

How about working your subs for next season? How about playing seniors that aren't starters in their last game? How about teaching your players to win with grace? Are you suggesting the subs do not "give it all you got every snap"? Gonna make it hard to recruit a team in the future if players get the impression that if you don't start, you don't play. Just my opinion, but that might be how you dominate an opponent, but that ain't how you build a program.

#1 Rodney Smith, #8 Jake Cates, #9 Eli Stout, #12 Logan Summers #13 Tyler Davis, #16 Cody Webb, #18 Thomas Smith, #21 Shane Yother22 Tyler Grant, #24 Randy Grant, #29 Jerry Fain, #37 Mitch Campbell #51 Jason Dent, #52 Sam Frizzell, #60 Timmy Austin, #71 Nick Ross74 Seth Hobbs, #99 Juan Martinez .

This years Senior Class. Congrats on great careers going into tonight these boys have never had a losing season. Overall record of 27-16. Including Sequatchie's 1st playoff win since 1996.

Edited by Omniscience

How about working your subs for next season? How about playing seniors that aren't starters in their last game? How about teaching your players to win with grace? Are you suggesting the subs do not "give it all you got every snap"? Gonna make it hard to recruit a team in the future if players get the impression that if you don't start, you don't play. Just my opinion, but that might be how you dominate an opponent, but that ain't how you build a program.

CCS played their subs for much of the fourth quarter last week. It's fine to play hard and try to score until the final whistle but playing starters when you are up by so much is one of the reason's Signal has a "target" on their back as Patty Lane has said.

We don't have to recruit, like you guys.

Every player on our TEAM is equally important, whether starting in a game, playing scout team, or cheering on their brothers. I know all these guys and their parents. They are all proud members of the Eagle family. :thumb:

• Upvote 1

#1 Rodney Smith, #8 Jake Cates, #9 Eli Stout, #12 Logan Summers #13 Tyler Davis, #16 Cody Webb, #18 Thomas Smith, #21 Shane Yother22 Tyler Grant, #24 Randy Grant, #29 Jerry Fain, #37 Mitch Campbell #51 Jason Dent, #52 Sam Frizzell, #60 Timmy Austin, #71 Nick Ross74 Seth Hobbs, #99 Juan Martinez .

This years Senior Class. Congrats on great careers going into tonight these boys have never had a losing season. Overall record of 27-16. Including Sequatchie's 1st playoff win since 1996.

Congratulations to all the Indians. I'll wish you all the best of fortunes for the future ... after the final buzzer tonight.:thumb:

I think both teams will play their hearts out and leave it all on the field. I also believe the players and coaches will conduct themselves appropriately.:thumb:

But I will go ahead and say it now. This is the final football game of their life for many of Signal's seniors, and I am sure they will play with an intensity never before seen. Every player on this team has committed to giving 100% effort on every play of the game. I fully expect to see our starters in the game from the opening whistle to the final buzzer, and I expect them to leave it all on the field.:thumb:

No one should ask these boys to spend the final minutes of their high school football careers standing on the sidelines watching the clock tick.

If anybody wants to get on here and call that classless, biteme.gif

Sissy Mountain by 80.

• Upvote 1

We don't have to recruit, like you guys.

Every player on our TEAM is equally important, whether starting in a game, playing scout team, or cheering on their brothers. I know all these guys and their parents. They are all proud members of the Eagle family. :thumb:

You obvioulsy know them better than most of us, but there were a number of parents who weren't particularly thrilled with the beatdown on CCS. Justify as you see fit, but is was still classless.