Sequatchie Co. vs. Signal Mnt. (Oct.28)

Omniscience

I use to look forward to this game and I hate how tainted it has become because so many Adults and I use that word loosely want to blame others for their failure to make sure they make no assumptions and seeked the best knowledge when dealing with eligibility of any player. One simple phone call could have headed this off early( and yes I do blame the administration of the school for that one) These kids are worth more than anyone assuming anything!!!!!!

I also think that it is shameful for the Signal Mtn folks to blame the only program in the Area that has played them every year that they have had a team. We even opened our doors and allowed Signal Mtn to use our fine facilities for there Home field for their JV years prior to them having their own Football field. I didn't see any of the other Hamilton County schools offering to let you use their stadiums and none of them want to play you now. Seems to me you would want to nurture a good healthy rivalry and has seen some good games between our two communities. You can see by the pride both communities have in their programs, in the fields that our boys play on, yes I know Signal still has a lot of work to do you have a stadium that rivals Sequatchie's but ours told a lot of blood sweat and tears from many volunteers to get to be the amazing atmosphere it has become for Friday Night.

I will be in the Stands Friday supporting my team, even though I no longer have a child playing because I believe in the wonderful life lessons that Football teaches our children. Regardless of the outcome whether Signal chooses to punish our boys to salvage there warped sense of Pride or not. I know one things for sure, Our Coach will make sure that our boys play at there best and remember overcoming adversary and becoming a better person for it will serve you well later in Life!

I wish the best to both teams! GO INDIANS!!!

• Upvote 1

I have heard Signal is going try to put over 100 points on Sequatchie

I’m sorry, but the whole running up the score thing bothers me. Just beat them and go on with life. Greeneville could have put up 100 on a few teams last year. I’m sure Alcoa and Maryville could have done it many times over the years. What’s the point? Even with the extra motivation that SM has, running up the score on a team will only come back to haunt them eventually.

Edited by GvilleDevilsFan

I run the chains for Polk County and have been doing it for 6 years and I woule have to say the coaches and players are direspectful and classless. All I heard was GD and F bombs the whole night from players and coaches. Thats sad the coaches are suppose to be teaching these young men more then jsut about a game about life also. But I hope Seq can give them a fight but if Signal has a chance they will run it up thats how the coach is classless. Good luck to Sequatchie

My old coach is coaching for Sequatchie in this one, all I know from past experience is that he has assured me that their team will be well prepared and play with discipline and not get caught up in the non-factors of the game. I can assure u that any team or position group that he is coaching his boys will hit you in the mouth over and over again. So just be ready to watch two teams one that does the right thing and one that does the questionable thing hit each other in the mouth for four quarters and the most reseilient mouth samcker will come out on top. GO INDIANS! Coach, Tell ur boys to continue the pride, that you have taught an instilled in so many of us!

I run the chains for Polk County and have been doing it for 6 years and I woule have to say the coaches and players are direspectful and classless. All I heard was GD and F bombs the whole night from players and coaches. Thats sad the coaches are suppose to be teaching these young men more then jsut about a game about life also. But I hope Seq can give them a fight but if Signal has a chance they will run it up thats how the coach is classless. Good luck to Sequatchie

Were they spitting on you and purposely stepping on the chains like others have complained of too?

American football

2008/9 Schools Wikipedia Selection. Related subjects: SportsAmerican football

American football game between the Tennessee Titans and the Houston Texans in 2005.

Nickname(s) Football, Gridiron football

First played November 6, 1869, Rutgers University vs. Princeton University

Characteristics

Contact Contact

Team members 11 at a time

Ball Football

American football, known in the United States and Canada simply as football, is a competitive team sport known for mixing strategy with physical play. The object of the game is to score points by advancing the ball into the opposing team's end zone. The ball can be advanced by carrying it (a running play) or by throwing it to a teammate (a passing play). Points can be scored in a variety of ways, including carrying the ball over the goal line, catching a pass from beyond the goal line, tackling an opposing ball carrier in his own end zone, or kicking the ball through the goal posts on the opposing side. The winner is the team with the most points when time expires at the end of the last play.

American football

2008/9 Schools Wikipedia Selection. Related subjects: SportsAmerican football

American football game between the Tennessee Titans and the Houston Texans in 2005.

Nickname(s) Football, Gridiron football

First played November 6, 1869, Rutgers University vs. Princeton University

Characteristics

Contact Contact

Team members 11 at a time

Ball Football

American football, known in the United States and Canada simply as football, is a competitive team sport known for mixing strategy with physical play. The object of the game is to score points by advancing the ball into the opposing team's end zone. The ball can be advanced by carrying it (a running play) or by throwing it to a teammate (a passing play). Points can be scored in a variety of ways, including carrying the ball over the goal line, catching a pass from beyond the goal line, tackling an opposing ball carrier in his own end zone, or kicking the ball through the goal posts on the opposing side. The winner is the team with the most points when time expires at the end of the last play.

Sportsmanship typically is regarded as a component of morality in sport, composed of three related and perhaps overlapping concepts: fair play, sportsmanship and character.[6] Fair play refers to all participants having an equitable chance to pursue victory[7] and acting toward others in an honest, straightforward, and a firm and dignified manner even when others do not play fairly. It includes respect for others including team members, opponents, and officials.[8] Character refers to dispositions, values and habits that determine the way that person normally responds to desires, fears, challenges, opportunities, failures and successes and is typically seen in polite behaviors toward others such as helping an opponent up or shaking hands after a match. An individual is believed to have a “good character†when those dispositions and habits reflect core ethical values. An example of poor sportsmanship is exemplified in a team's calling timeouts to run up the score on an opponent when the former team already has a sizable lead.