Sequatchie Co. vs. Signal Mnt. (Oct.28)

Omniscience

Signal led 14-9 at the half,scored late in the second quarter to take the lead. Seq had a chance to stop them on fourth down around the 20 but the runner (Hall?) was able to just get the yardage for a first down, leading to a short TD. That was one of the big plays of the game, otherwise Seq leads at the half and gets the ball back to open the third. Seq was worn down over the game with SM getting more success running and passing as it went on.

Both sides showed class and just played ball, leaving the other stuff aside. There was virtually no mouth running and the only 15 yard penalty was for a facemask. No late hits that I saw from either side. SM left the field quickly as was the plan but several players and coaches still took the time to congratulate their opponent on a well played game.

I was disappointed in the coverage of the game on the news as it seemed pretty clear they wanted a riot. One station at 5 stated as a fact Sequatchie was the one making the call, did not state it as "some SM fans believe" or something similar, terribly irresponsible journalism. I'm betting they hear about it if they haven't already; they didn't have the position of the main person reportedly involved right, showing even more ignorance. Another tonight brought it up again, saying "they're denying that" but by his tone of voice it's obvious he didn't believe it. Stuff like that is a main reason so much was built up for the game. Yet another (same station as the 5 pm report) blamed the close first half on SM coming out flat, not Seq playing well especially on defense, stopping SM on fourth down and taking advantage to get points. He wasn't even there but it had to be something for one of the teams he clearly pulls for to not be rolling.

I ain't gonna disagree with anything you say. :o

But I love how you put that woman's spin on things. I remain a devout misogynist. Let me de-estrogenize your post. :thumb:

Signal sucked in the first quarter. I hardly reconized the Eagles. The new crap wasn't working, and it took a quarter and 9 points to figger it out. It wasn't working, in large part, because Sequatchie played exceptionally well in the first quarter and into the second. In the second quarter, though, Signal started doing what we have always done. "one of our backs is able to just get the yardage for a first down, leading to a quick TD." Sequatchie was whooped by the time Barger pulled the starters in the 4th quarter. (as was appropritate) and Price did the same. After that, I think it was Signal 2 scores to 1.

SM and SC both left the field at the final buzzer as planned. Both teams met at midfield before warmups, both coaches spoke, and the players shook hands. Thought all that went off well. Both coaches and players from both teams found each other in the endzone by the field house for some one on one congratulations.

I don't listen to them sports shows too much, cause lots of them fellers don't have a clue what they'z talkin about. They'z just like that gossipy gaggle of females on that View Show. Freakin' gossip mill; gotta sensationalize everthing. And some of the hosers that call in. Anti-Darwinism.

I ain't never had much use for news folks, lawyers, nor revenuers. In the long run, nothin good can come from talkin to or listenin to any of em.nn:thumb:

Dang, if I'd just read that Greeson man's article afore the Squaw's account of the events, I could have saved a lot of typin.:roflol:

But I did almost forget to mention that Mitchell Hall wuz a stud tonight.:thumb:

Congratulations, Coach Price, on victory number 150.

You hosers is gonna have to put up with the Troll and a Bill Price led Signal Mountain Eagle team fer a very long time.:roflolk::hungry:

Edited by MountainTroll

Dang, if I'd just read Ward's article afore the Squaw's account of the events, I could have saved a lot of typin.

But I did almost forget to mention that Mitchell Hall wuz a stud tonight.:thumb:

Congratulations, Coach Price, on victory number 150.

You hosers is gonna have to put up with the Troll and a Coach Price led Signal Mountain Eagle team fer a very long time.

don't for get to take out the six win that were vacated!!

holly cow wally that means he had a losing season this year!! :D

Edited by beaverclever

Signal led 14-9 at the half, scored late in the second quarter to take the lead. Seq had a chance to stop them on fourth down around the 20 but the runner (Hall?) was able to just get the yardage for a first down, leading to a short TD. That was one of the big plays of the game, otherwise Seq leads at the half and gets the ball back to open the third. Seq was worn down over the game with SM getting more success running and passing as it went on.

Both sides showed class and just played ball, leaving the other stuff aside. There was virtually no mouth running and the only 15 yard penalty was for a facemask. No late hits that I saw from either side. SM left the field quickly as was the plan but several players and coaches still took the time to congratulate their opponent on a well played game.

I was disappointed in the coverage of the game on the news as it seemed pretty clear they wanted a riot. One station at 5 stated as a fact Sequatchie was the one making the call, did not state it as "some SM fans believe" or something similar, terribly irresponsible journalism. I'm betting they hear about it if they haven't already; they didn't have the position of the main person reportedly involved right, showing even more ignorance. Another tonight brought it up again, saying "they're denying that" but by his tone of voice it's obvious he didn't believe it. Stuff like that is a main reason so much was built up for the game. Yet another (same station as the 5 pm report) blamed the close first half on SM coming out flat, not Seq playing well especially on defense, stopping SM on fourth down and taking advantage to get points. He wasn't even there but it had to be something for one of the teams he clearly pulls for to not be rolling.

Sounds like "little man" was a little scared and didn't want any Price action!LOL Congrats Sm what goes around comes around for SNITCHES!!!!

holly cow wally that means he had a losing season this year!! :D

Nope, still finished at .500. Good job Eagles!! Congrats to Sequatchie for a great game. I had about forgotten about stadium and facilities. We are working on ours to eventually get something close to that.

Both Teams demonstrated a lot of Class last night! The Indians gave noticed early that this was a football game and signal was going to have to step it up if the wanted to win. They did with great adjustments towards the end of the first half. I'm still proud of the effort our young men made in this game. You build a better program when you challenge yourself and play the best teams around. I see lots of good football being played between these two schools in the years to come!

• Upvote 1

holly cow wally that means he had a losing season this year!!

Nope, still finished at .500. Good job Eagles!! Congrats to Sequatchie for a great game. I had about forgotten about stadium and facilities. We are working on ours to eventually get something close to that.

Montian math is hard! See you vacated 6 win plus losses to blackman and polk thats 8 losses. then you won against CCS ans Seqatchie. so that's two wins. and SM played 10games so 2/10=.200%. word problems can be hard for SM people.

Vacate to give up possession. SM had win's and was order by TSSAA to give them up,so now they are losses. maybe that will help. though SM can't except the judgement by TSSAA without crying. :D

holly cow wally that means he had a losing season this year!!

Montian math is hard! See you vacated 6 win plus losses to blackman and polk thats 8 losses. then you won against CCS ans Seqatchie. so that's two wins. and SM played 10games so 2/10=.200%. word problems can be hard for SM people.

Vacate to give up possession. SM had win's and was order by TSSAA to give them up,so now they are losses. maybe that will help. though SM can't except the judgement by TSSAA without crying. :D

You must work for the TSSAA with that interpretation. Vacate means we don't get to count them in our record and the other team still takes the lose. Forfeit would mean they are loses and the other team gets credit for the win. Vacate means 2-2.

At least you know you could have a future with the TSSAA. But I really thought Ward and June would have schooled you a little better. :roflolk:

• Upvote 1

You must work for the TSSAA with that interpretation. Vacate means we don't get to count them in our record and the other team still takes the lose. Forfeit would mean they are loses and the other team gets credit for the win. Vacate means 2-2.

At least you know you could have a future with the TSSAA. But I really thought Ward and June would have schooled you a little better. :roflolk:

Got to agree with smeagle1 on this one they are the best .500 (2-2) team in the state!

• Upvote 1