The Demise of Grundy County

Truth69

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two high schools with both having a 7th and 8th grade attached would be the best for Grundy not only for sports but for academics as well..would mean instead of having 30+ Kids to a class you would have about 15 or so..which would mean a lot better teacher to student ratio and the kids would be able to get better attention from their teachers..sports wise yea we might struggle for the first two or three years but every program struggles right off the back starting aknew unless your signal mountain..but after two or three years both programs could be very successful in all sports..and it would make for a very good rivalry game between the north and south..but like I said before we would need a new school board and have people who can convince the county its what's best for em..I would prefer to see a middle school built instead but the other part of me would like to see two high schools instead..either way there needs to be a change in something before we are set further back then what we are..Grundy has the talent and the potential to make it big one day just takes commitment from all sides besides the coaches and players the whole county has to want to make the change

Two high schools?? Haven't heard that in quite a few months..yea think I remember someone trying to get a high school at Coalmont or Tracy and shutting down Palmer...that didn't go over to well then and do not see it going well EVER..The Commitment needs to start with the Hs and school board backing the team, coaches and parents...

Gotta put my 2 cents in. The Junior Jacket baseball team has won back to back district titles. If you took the top 10-15 basketball players in the big 8, Grundy would dominate anyone around. Now to the school situation. The HS was designed to be added on to. There is actually room in the school now for 7th and 8th graders. If you were to close palmer and coalmont the money saved in overhead and maintenance would nearly pay for the additional 12 classrooms and other modifications that would be needed. The academic impact would be significant. The course offerings would be better. The students would mature faster in the HS atmosphere. It just makes sense and I wonder when we will elect people who care about what is best for the kids and the county. Notice that I put the kids first. Second is the county and all it's tax payers. Poor decisions by our school board as a whole (5-4) continues to set us back academically, financially, and athletically. All for what? All based on a personal agenda.....everyone knows this. What is best for Grundy County would be for everyone in favor of moving this county forward to come together and fight for what is best. Talking about it on an athletic forum is not going to get anywhere. You have 3 women who will vote against anything benefiting our athletes. It will have to be addressed as an academic benefit. Just my opinion. Congrats on the win tonight big G.