AAA State

clifford20

If you came to both the Mid TN classic and Brentwood Invitational you had an opportunity to see every team in the AAA final 8 with the exception of Farragut (i think). In fact, several of the teams played in both and have played each other. I guess that says a lot about the strength of those tournaments but also means that the coaches probably have a pretty good idea what to expect from most of the other teams.

I am looking forward to seeing some great volleyball.

If you came to both the Mid TN classic and Brentwood Invitational you had an opportunity to see every team in the AAA final 8 with the exception of Farragut (i think). In fact, several of the teams played in both and have played each other. I guess that says a lot about the strength of those tournaments but also means that the coaches probably have a pretty good idea what to expect from most of the other teams.

I am looking forward to seeing some great volleyball.

Tr, yours is a very good question. I can only speak about the BIVT as it was the only one of the two I saw but i did see the Back to the Boro which had wome of the same teams and was at the last of the year. The thing about Tennessee Volleyball caoches that I liked most was this:

1)They were not hesitant in discovering and trying a lot of things with their schools. Even in preseason, as you would expect, a lost of experimenting was done with yunger players. This payed off at the last of the season.

2) They were tweaking preseason, At the BIVT, I am sure at the Mid Tenn and the Back to the Boro and in the case of Ooltewah tward the last of the season, still tweaking. Seasoned coaches can do that successfully. Collierville and Houston along with Soddy seemed adept at bring their squads to the level that They had to play to get to the level they felt they had to play. News interviews said that Sullivan and Farragut were doing the same thing although you would think they didn't have to. Siegel continued to do it the whole season. Knowing Indy coaches, its SOP. It is something during this Tournament that fans who know the intricies of the game might watch and it happens every year, how do schools react and understand changes in officiating in the beginning of the Tournament. Second, how are the coaches responding to rotations and rotation changes and especially mismatches. Understanding what has been posted and reported, there could be some matcheups that have to be changed because some players seem to be playing at a higher level than even a month ago. IMO, the maturity of coaches especially in AAA and some AA and I can assure you in both DII Divisons is much higher and adjustments on the fly seems to be done easily. Where I was, it showed up in Regionals. The last thing, there wound up being a lot of 3-0 matches in the end. but there were close games. In State I wonder how that will play out. I would think a school will have to play consistantly or someone might come up from behind a catch you. This is going to be a great Tournament to watch. There are ust gong to be a lot of places to watch. Someone else might like to answer.

Edited by PHargis

While I'm on here, D1AA is the place to be as far as competition. Chester county has a coach who is the wife of the Head Coach at Freed Hardeman. They have played well all year and while I believe, and I'm not absolutely sure, this may their first trip in some time. There could be quite a few close matches although Page has got just about everyone back. Red Bank will be tough but this Divison could have some upsets.

A always has some surprises and good to watch'

There is not a school in DII that is not strong but seeing Ensworth play a few times this year against some great competition, it is a school that has some notable players, fine coaching and if they get really hot, they can run away with the Division. The schools out of Memphis have many notable players and make the play in those Divisions, if you find yourself in the gym and have some time, you will enjoy watching those matches.

Announcements