Perry Co. Vikings

SportsFan70

It's ashamed that this isn't the last 12 years or that would actually matter a little bit. Congrats to those teams and a job well done, but this year is not going to be your year. so they can have 7 substates and 4 state tournaments in 13 years because your not making it to state again this year if we face you.

This what you say every year, and we keep going back.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are so wrong Perry County is the most successful program in the mid state, and in the entire state for that matter.

Perry County and Mcewen both have good groups right now. We will see how they will be after this year. Summertown has knocked on the state tournament door for the past decade and will continue to do so. It reminds me of culleoka. They did all that talking when Bruce had those recruits in there and now you never hear from them. I wonder if we will hear from you?

You are so wrong Perry County is the most successful program in the mid state, and in the entire state for that matter.

Another thing that strikes me to be funny is that all the ones that are getting it done at Perry County, you never hear from. Its the ones who havent done anything doing all the talking.

Perry County and Mcewen both have good groups right now. We will see how they will be after this year. Summertown has knocked on the state tournament door for the past decade and will continue to do so. It reminds me of culleoka. They did all that talking when Bruce had those recruits in there and now you never hear from them. I wonder if we will hear from you?

How many state titles does Stown heave man2man? How many times has Stown even made it out of the first round of the state tourney? Id almost bet PC has more Gold Balls than Stown has Final Four appearances.

How many state titles does Stown heave man2man? How many times has Stown even made it out of the first round of the state tourney? Id almost bet PC has more Gold Balls than Stown has Final Four appearances.

4 guys are responsible. 1 guy is responsible for 3 of your 6. yet everybody takes credit.

In the last 12 years. I wasnt going back to Mike and Albert. Over the course of history Perry County is the most successfull in the state. not arguing that.

I wouldnt say or think that.When I think basketball Perry Co doesnt even come to my mind.When I think of all time teams,the team that stands out to me is Bolton.And Libery in just the few years that they have been a school.And I also think more of Union City overall than Perry Co.

Edited by mrbigster

I wouldnt say or think that.When I think basketball Perry Co doesnt even come to my mind.When I think of all time teams,the team that stands out to me is Bolton.And Libery in just the few years that they have been a school.And I also think more of Union City overall than Perry Co.

Perry county over the years is probably the most prominent program in the state. They have great tradition and more gold balls than anyone. My intial comment wasnt even meant for perry county. It was to the post about how mcewen will drill summertown if they played this year. My reply was in the last 12 years summertown's success would be hard to match and that mcewen needed to get by the region semis or the sub state before they did alot of talking. If anyone has the right to say anything it would be perry county. I didnt intend to argue perry county's tradition, i meant to argue mcewen's. People said that mcewen would beat summertown last year and it didnt happen. It was not even one of summertown's better teams. Mcewen is probably better than summertown this year on paper, but that most certainly doesnt mean they will beat them easily.

Perry county over the years is probably the most prominent program in the state. They have great tradition and more gold balls than anyone. My intial comment wasnt even meant for perry county. It was to the post about how mcewen will drill summertown if they played this year. My reply was in the last 12 years summertown's success would be hard to match and that mcewen needed to get by the region semis or the sub state before they did alot of talking. If anyone has the right to say anything it would be perry county. I didnt intend to argue perry county's tradition, i meant to argue mcewen's. People said that mcewen would beat summertown last year and it didnt happen. It was not even one of summertown's better teams. Mcewen is probably better than summertown this year on paper, but that most certainly doesnt mean they will beat them easily.

Well I will agree that McEwen has no horse in the race till they been there won that. But you said Stown was the most successful program in the mid state and I disagreed. Even without the Gold Balls Perry County has 24 state appearances, and they were led to those by more than just a few players. Only a few were great that can be recalled by name, but the number of players that were good is WAY to many to name.

Perry Co. beat Bolton in the State Championship in '77 and actually Billy Roberts helped out on all those other teams in the '55, '56, '57...Perry Co. has the best tradition in the state...every year were a contender...we've always been the underdogs (except for '97 when we beat C.A. by 40) and we are tied with MBA for the most in the state with 6 and during those 3 titles in the '50's we beat teams that are now AAA...same in the '70's cuz in '76 we beat Knox. Catholic and their AA and Bolton in '77 which i think their joined with someone but anyway their AA...and from a school like in the '50's we beat teams that had 1,000+ students we had 180 students...in the 70's same thing except we had 240...now we have 320 or somethin like that, anyway the point is the very little students we have we can find great talent in this small county and be successful

Edited by SportsFan70