Sycamore (6-3) AT White House (5-4)

BDP2003

I think its time for White House to go back with Wicker at QB. Clearly they are a better team with him as leader.

The only thing that's CLEAR is that WH played lesser competition when he was at QB. If you can't tell the difference between Greenbrier and Smith County its going to be difficult to have an intelligent conversation. If memory serves me correctly there were quite a few drops in that game too, care to comment on that? Or is your beef strictly with the QB?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are those in every crowd. I thought the OC called a decent game. Stuck with the run game that was very successful at times. Took several shots downdfield, that fortunately for SC, were just misses. WH also had a few drops in crucial situations. The OC can't catch them. The Blue Devils could be a hard out should they win this week and make it in. Best of luck from Big Owl Country.

Good luck WH - get back on track :thumb:

Funny you didn't mention the Station Camp game. I have no problem with QB, I'm just calling it as I see it.

The only thing that's CLEAR is that WH played lesser competition when he was at QB. If you can't tell the difference between Greenbrier and Smith County its going to be difficult to have an intelligent conversation. If memory serves me correctly there were quite a few drops in that game too, care to comment on that? Or is your beef strictly with the QB?

Funny you didn't mention the Station Camp game. I have no problem with QB, I'm just calling it as I see it.

Funny you didn't mention the beech game. You said the QB can't throw. Ya, I saw your post before the edit. Station Camp also not on SC's level. Beech more so, same result.

In the drive in my post the QB didn't get the opportunity to throw the ball so who knows...

I'm also calling it like I see it.

Edited by FOOTBALLFAN66

My thing is this coming out in the second half The "D" makes a huge stand even stuffing the QB sneak on 4th and one. At a time when White House hadn't stopped them and the game is still within reach. The "O" jumps into their staple three back set and proceeds to run every play from that set until their stopped. I thought he was setting up the boot. Smith County was begging for it but it never came.I bet if the OC was being honest he'd love to get a do over on that one... That series broke White House's back, it was terrible and that's the truth.

Outside of that series the calls were routine and predictable. Draws and screens on third and long, run on first and second, pass on third. Everybody in Black knew what was coming all night that's for sure...

Hey Footballfan1266, was the DC your brother in law or did you just make it for the 2nd half. White House's

back was broke and in traction before the start of the 2nd half. What you missed in the first half was a very

good SC quarterback hitting his receivers in stride behind the defense at will, not to mention a blown coverage in the end zone for another touchdown. Our OC tried to open the game with passes like he used to do

with Wicker but QB not on target that night. Sounds to me like you just have a beef with the new OC and

maybe not his play calling. White House has two good quarterbacks and a good coaching staff. They will correct their mistakes and be back Thursday night. They are calling for rain and that means no passes and

alot of that staple three back set you like so much. I hope you enjoy the game!

Edited by BD2K

Hey Footballfan1266, was the DC your brother in law or did you just make it for the 2nd half. White House's

back was broke and in traction before the start of the 2nd half. What you missed in the first half was a very

good SC quarterback hitting his receivers in stride behind the defense at will, not to mention a blown coverage in the end zone for another touchdown. Our OC tried to open the game with passes like he used to do

with Wicker but QB not on target that night. Sounds to me like you just have a beef with the new OC and

maybe not his play calling. White House has two good quarterbacks and a good coaching staff. They will correct their mistakes and be back Thursday night. They are calling for rain and that means no passes and

alot of that staple three back set you like so much. I hope you enjoy the game!

[/quote

This is what you took from my message? I think you missed the point. Either way,

A TD in that series would have put you within one score of a tie, even with the first half struggles... Don't blame the rain, that three back set is going down regardless of the weather.

Yeah, i can imagine who it was. Probably the one that yells at the coaches every game that we aren't winning or we aren't throwing the ball enough. I may want to yell at them sometimes, but I respect them enough and the job they are trying to do. The boys hear those things as well and it undermines what the coaches are trying to do. I wonder what his son thinks about it, mine would be very, very embarrassed. I would think that if you are mature and passionate enough about it, go talk to the coaches on Monday! Coaches and ref's have the hardest jobs, because they can't make everyone happy and shouldn't try. It takes a thick skin to be out there on some Friday nights. Everyone is a critic, but few could manage to do the job. I support all the coaches. I am thankful for the huge amount of time they put into it, and don't envy having to face the group of warriors after a tough loss and come up with motivating or comforting words. We are very blessed to have Coach Porter and his staff. They have proven themselves over the years and have proven to be a valuable part of the White House community. Our new OC is a former Blue Devil QB and that in itself should gain some respect and appreciation. Show your BDP and not your ####!

Who ended up as "Player of the Week" from the Blue Devil Network?