Ooltewah owls

bipbopzot

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After seeing the owls against the bears a few weeks ago I would not want to play them in the first round, I think if they are healthy they can score on anyone if thier d line can fine some gimmics to slow down the other teams offense and the qb can throw a little more accurate down field watch out. When they catch the ball all thier recievers can make things happen at least 5x they caught short passes and turned them into 25-30 yd gains. Hard to handle next year for ssure.

Edited by anotherback

I'll say this:Ooltewah better be careful.Here's some food for thought.

1st:who have they beat(that they weren't supposed to beat)2 teams with a winning record.

2nd:they haven't beaten anyone that they "were not" supposed to.(loss to Mcminn and Bradley,along with the butt-whoopin siegel put on em!!)

3rd:their record isn't that much different than last year's(maybe 3 more wins than last year)with a weaker schedule.They should whind up 7-3,last year 4-6.

Last year losses were by 3pts to Rhea,OT to Cleveland 19-0 against soddy(which owls had chances all night to win that.

Point is.,.last year it was youth,this year is a team loaded with seniors 27+,i think,1 play here and there and not much difference.They have enough talent to win alot of playoff games maybe,but can they?just saying.

Edited by VOID70

I'll say this:Ooltewah better be careful.Here's some food for thought.

1st:who have they beat(that they weren't supposed to beat)2 teams with a winning record.

2nd:they haven't beaten anyone that they "were not" supposed to.(loss to Mcminn and Bradley,along with the butt-whoopin siegel put on em!!)

3rd:their record isn't that much different than last year's(maybe 3 more wins than last year)with a weaker schedule.They should whind up 7-3,last year 4-6.

Last year losses were by 3pts to Rhea,OT to Cleveland 19-0 against soddy(which owls had chances all night to win that.

Point is.,.last year it was youth,this year is a team loaded with seniors 27+,i think,1 play here and there and not much difference.They have enough talent to win alot of playoff games maybe,but can they?just saying.

Rhea 38 -0 Soddy 42-14 Cleveland 23-14 . Loss to Bradley by 2 points this year as opposed to a not as close as the score 28-12 loss last. Those teams worse or Owls better? Those three games are huge when you know they are district games. Loosing to three very good 6a teams this year was frustrating because they outplayed two of those teams and should have won. Yes East ridge and Brainerd are not as tough as traveling to Franklin and Maplewood but this years E. Hamilton beat Tyner so that was a higher quality victory especially if E. Ham. wins their district.

Scoring was a big issue last year along with passing . This year scores are . Owls 41, 45 ,23,31,26,26,42,39,38.

Your point is good in that all the wins do not translate to victories in the playoffs. Team two years ago won nine games and are eliminated first round...

Owls will need to step it up to make a run in the playoffs.

Pending the outcome of Friday nights game, the Owls have beaten all the teams they were supposed to beat and lost two close ones to teams with equal to or slightly better talent and lost one blowout to a team with superior talent. We need to remember that this is only Coach Williams second year and he is learning how to win. I have seen plenty of improvement over last years team and there is still room to grow. Still some discipline issues with too many stupid penalty's that happen at the wrong time, but overall things are looking better. D has been lights out better than last year and the O has been up and down. Get a little more consistant play on both sides and especially cover team on the special teams and we should have a program that is playoff caliber every year and every once in a while make a run towards a championship.

Go Owls looking forward to Senior night tomorrow.

I wasn't knocking anyone or any coach,just saying that a few plays here and there(last year especially)Owls would be about the same.Defense and special teams have sparked Ooltewah all year.In some cases scored just as much as the offense.And as far as the passing troubles last year,it was more lack of catching than throwing in most cases,this year's offense have caught more and made a ton of plays after the catch,from what I've seen 4 times owls do not throw it down field as much as they do sideways or short screens etc....it all works,when they catch it.This team could do alot of damage in the playoffs,if they play mistake free ball,because it does seem like they want to shoot themselves in the foot at the worst times in games.Anyway good luck to owls,Hamilton county needs a championship this year.

I wasn't knocking anyone or any coach,just saying that a few plays here and there(last year especially)Owls would be about the same.Defense and special teams have sparked Ooltewah all year.In some cases scored just as much as the offense.And as far as the passing troubles last year,it was more lack of catching than throwing in most cases,this year's offense have caught more and made a ton of plays after the catch,from what I've seen 4 times owls do not throw it down field as much as they do sideways or short screens etc....it all works,when they catch it.This team could do alot of damage in the playoffs,if they play mistake free ball,because it does seem like they want to shoot themselves in the foot at the worst times in games.Anyway good luck to owls,Hamilton county needs a championship this year.

Totally agree, good points. As everyone knows turnovers will be key but interceptions have really cost us. Also some time managment in the second half needs to improve. There have been a few games that we have had the upper hand but keep the other team in the game way later than they should have been. Have your foot on the neck of your opponent you stomp it,do not let up..

Owls have as good of a chance as anyone. Go out and take it.

Pending the outcome of Friday nights game, the Owls have beaten all the teams they were supposed to beat and lost two close ones to teams with equal to or slightly better talent and lost one blowout to a team with superior talent. We need to remember that this is only Coach Williams second year and he is learning how to win. I have seen plenty of improvement over last years team and there is still room to grow. Still some discipline issues with too many stupid penalty's that happen at the wrong time, but overall things are looking better. D has been lights out better than last year and the O has been up and down. Get a little more consistant play on both sides and especially cover team on the special teams and we should have a program that is playoff caliber every year and every once in a while make a run towards a championship.

Go Owls looking forward to Senior night tomorrow.

Ooltewah went 48-12 in Monroe’s five years, advancing to the state semifinals in 2006 and the quarterfinals in 2008. Eleven players were named to all-state teams, and current University of Tennessee defensive end Jacques Smith was a state Mr. Football in 2008 and 2009

Ooltewah went 48-12 in Monroe’s five years, advancing to the state semifinals in 2006 and the quarterfinals in 2008. Eleven players were named to all-state teams, and current University of Tennessee defensive end Jacques Smith was a state Mr. Football in 2008 and 2009

Yes and then he retired and Coach Williams came in. I am not disputing that Benny was a great coach and did great things for the Owls. I was there for his whole tenure. All I am saying is this is only Coach Williams second year as head coach and that takes time to learn all the duties of a Head Coach. I have seen improvement by both the team and the coaches this year and that is a positive sign.

Hate that it is raining today and tonights forcast not looking good. Play hard and get the Win tonight and seniors good luck to you.

Go Owls

Yes and then he retired and Coach Williams came in. I am not disputing that Benny was a great coach and did great things for the Owls. I was there for his whole tenure. All I am saying is this is only Coach Williams second year as head coach and that takes time to learn all the duties of a Head Coach. I have seen improvement by both the team and the coaches this year and that is a positive sign.

Hate that it is raining today and tonights forcast not looking good. Play hard and get the Win tonight and seniors good luck to you.

Go Owls

Gonna be a cold,nasty night for football.........