Indy VS SDHS

clifford20

Absolutly incredible match between these two schools. SD came out blazing and had indy on their heels for the first two games. 23-25, 16-25. SD's Libero and middle played incredibly well. (actually their whole team did). I must say this...SD has a little freshman in the backrow that hung in there. Big games likes this typically eat freshman up. I don't think she missed a serve all night and she played good right back defense. Game three went to Indy 25-21. Their hitters came alive a little bit and started getting kills--SD's block pretty much dominated portions of the match. Game 4 was very similar, 25-22 Indy. #13 for Indy came in and played great--she was the difference in late game 4 and game 5. Indy's libero is so good. Unreal how well she played all night. Indy's team defense is so good, and when you have a great libero and a great setter, you have a chance to win every game. I was so impressed with SD defense as well. They dug every hit it seemed, but started having hitting errors in game 4-5. Late in game 5 the stress of the game I think got to SD a little bit. They couldn't get a pass up in order to set their great hitters.

Game 5 was crazy. I beleive it was ties 10-10 and #13 came front row and completely closed the game for indy. she had 2-3 kills a big block and then served the match out.

This is how the semi-finals should be. Two great programs, two classy and great coaches, and two scrappy and hard working girls. Congrats to both teams it was a pleasure to watch.

While the previous post needs no confirmation, it was extremely accurate in its content as I saw the same AAA match. This wass great play all the way around. What is also accurate is Indy is very difficult to play as was noted by a number of coaches and their approach to the game will keep them in the match most times they play.

This was a great game played by two great teams and of all of the teams that I have seen this year SD and Indy have the best defenses of any team in the state. There were so many balls picked up by these two teams that would have hit the floor against a lesser defense. Indy has an all state libero but I would put the libero from Soddy up against her any day. These two girls were throwing their bodies all over the court the entire game. SD's other defenders played great as well and the little freshman has a very bright future in front of her. It is always the hitters that get the glory and most of the accolades but a great defense from the block to the dig needs to be clicking for any team to win especially at that level of competition. Congratulations to both of these teams. Soddy Daisy girls will look back one day and realize that they took the Soddy Daisy volleyball program to places that it had never gone before and they should be so very proud.

Cathy Slaughter with Independence closed out this Volleyball Season again with those who have watched her success for the last number of years impressed with the way she retools year after year. It is not just happenstance but its a system and her own goals in what she emphasizes in the play of her teams. There is no doubt, year after year, playing Indy means if you are going to beat the school you had better be ready to be on the court for a long time as Indy is one of the two best Defensive Teams in the State. IMO, Soddy is the second this year.

Team Indy comes at you many ways as the team is developed thru the year. There has always been a purpose in everything she does. Winding up again very high in the State Championship ranks, second place this year, was not surprising and the schools play improved all year. Some thought their play was hype but who they were beating just within their own District and not ducking anyone during the year was impressive. Team Indy was impressive in their performance.

Announcements

• Recent Posts

• He resigned smh, and have you ever heard of charged but not convicted. Some people in this county baffle me with their need to slander others. Have you asked any of the 30+ parents that signed a petition to get him reinstated at the board meeting this week how they feel about this? Just let it play out, at the end of the day the only people that will bring TC back are the ones that know what its about at its core.    People hate losing and they aren't used to it at TC. I for 1, and I'm sure others too, understand having a dip in talent and not being able to compete for a state title every year. But in the past, TC teams have outworked more talented teams, they didn't continuously lose the turnover battle, they didn't commit 8+ penalties in several games each season, and I believe several of the folks in town that want Blake out feel as if he is neglecting the history of the program. This is from a source that used to be extremely close to the program (not me lol), Blake gets out of school midday and the players show up and there is no practice plan or itinerary.  I also understand those that are on team Blake, when he has loads of talent, he wins. He does know football and he is a tremendous DC, and if the rumors are true then he will do great things. As for the board member issue, it is what it is, everyone that's true to the county know that and nothing has changed. I agree though that they should strive to make the facilities as good as we can. And as far as potential candidates, I agree there is very few options. West, Vetetoe (yes I know), and couple others that could have some interest. Whatever happens is massive for the program during a pivotal time before the next big wave of stars make their way through. 
    • McKenzie had no trouble with Huntingdon.  
    • Has BA landed any cornfed cowboys to block up front?
    • Yea I agree I will say tho I was a big “ v “ fan if an  opening ever did happen I think it would’ve been good to see him have a shot coming from a power house like Oakland. I’m sure he’s learned a lot from Kevin.  I bet he would bring a really good offense scheme IMO But after all this I just dunno anymore.  Whatever happens with the rumors an such if it did come to and opening I think this messes it all up.  The board members dreams are slowly slipping away now. I haven’t lived there for awhile I just hear what I hear, but my question is would there be any good potential candidates?? That’s why I don’t understand why people want b s out so bad who else could do any better ?? IMO there’s nothing attractive about it? As I stated earlier I went to the last game last year and taking a leak in a porta Potty is pretty sad and still nothing being done they say .. 
    • I have a sophomore that can do 177 (preferred) or 192. Sent you an email.