Ensworth at Father Ryan High School 10/29/2011

LouPickney

Ensworth defeated Father Ryan High School last night 29-7. Father Ryan's only points came on a pick-six by FRHS DB Ryan Bossing on only the first interception that Ensworth QB Andrew Bowers has thrown this season. Ensworth surprised FRHS with a successful onside kick to start the game and looked very strong throughout.

Potentially big news: Ensworth RB Corn Elder suffered some sort of injury in the second half. On a busted play he ran to the near side, then the far side, and all the way into the end zone. He ended up down after the TD for 2-3 minutes I would estimate. Hopefully it was nothing serious, but whatever the injury was, Elder didn't return. I looked online but haven't found anything further about it.

The game actually had more playoff relevance for Ensworth than it did for Father Ryan, which knew it was locked as the #7 seed in II-AA Middle/East before any of the action began last night. Ensworth kept its starters in longer than I expected, perhaps doing so in anticipation of their upcoming bye week.

I'm heading to Cordova with the ATW Sportscast crew to call (audio only) the Father Ryan/St. Benedict at Auburndale playoff game this upcoming Friday. This is only their third all-time meeting; FRHS beat St. Benedict in 2001 and 2002.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ensworth defeated Father Ryan High School last night 29-7. Father Ryan's only points came on a pick-six by FRHS DB Ryan Bossing on only the first interception that Ensworth QB Andrew Bowers has thrown this season. Ensworth surprised FRHS with a successful onside kick to start the game and looked very strong throughout.

Potentially big news: Ensworth RB Corn Elder suffered some sort of injury in the second half. On a busted play he ran to the near side, then the far side, and all the way into the end zone. He ended up down after the TD for 2-3 minutes I would estimate. Hopefully it was nothing serious, but whatever the injury was, Elder didn't return. I looked online but haven't found anything further about it.

The game actually had more playoff relevance for Ensworth than it did for Father Ryan, which knew it was locked as the #7 seed in II-AA Middle/East before any of the action began last night. Ensworth kept its starters in longer than I expected, perhaps doing so in anticipation of their upcoming bye week.

I'm heading to Cordova with the ATW Sportscast crew to call (audio only) the Father Ryan/St. Benedict at Auburndale playoff game this upcoming Friday. This is only their third all-time meeting; FRHS beat St. Benedict in 2001 and 2002.

I assume the coaches held Elder out for the remainder of the game to assure his health for the upcoming playoffs. Hopefully I am correct and this is not a serious injury. Any word on Elder's status would be appreciated. Our prayers are with the young man.

I still haven't been able to find any updates on Elder's status, but I hope he's alright. We'll see for sure this Friday at the FRHS/Ensworth II-AA quarterfinal game.

It was rumored during last years playoff game that Elder was hurt, he wasn't. Teams that played against Ensworth last year would focus on his status and not winning the game. Plays into Coach Ricky's hand. Don't get sucked in. Elder is healthy and will play. I suggest a box-n-one or double team him.

Edited by shakinthefat

It was rumored during last years playoff game that Elder was hurt, he wasn't.

The play where Elder appeared to get hurt on 10/29 was a long run, a busted play near midfield IIRC where Elder cut to the near side, scrambled across the field toward the far side, and then went into the end zone and out on the far side as a Father Ryan defender made contact with him, knocking him to the turf. He stayed down for 2-3 minutes in a weird situation where he was far enough away from the end zone to where play was able to continue (the run was called back for an Ensworth penalty) while trainers tended to him.

I hope Elder is okay, and if he is I suspect he will have the full attention of the FRHS defense on 11/11. Father Ryan's defense did a great job of containing St. Benedict standout RB Jordan Wilkins on Friday night, but it won't be so simple to keep Elder in check. Ensworth has a vastly superior offensive line to SBA; no offense to SBA, but it's the truth.

Ensworth is a very, very talented team, and even without Elder they have a loaded roster.

The main injury concern for Father Ryan is for punter/kicker John Arnold, who suffered a concussion making a tackle against Ensworth in the regular season finale. He missed most of the second half of that game and then all of the SBA playoff game. Arnold has made a huge difference on Ryan's special teams all year, from his kickoffs reaching the end zone the vast majority of the time to him having the leg strength and accuracy to hit long field goals to him also being a very good punter. FRHS has others to fill in for his various roles, but none of them possess Arnold's talent at those various spots.

In the old days Arnold would be playing for sure on 11/11. But in this era of awareness about horrible things like CTE (chronic traumatic encephalopathy) and other long-term problems related to multiple concussions, that is not a given at this point. Concussions are no joke.

man of course ensworth won, cuz i b da best we got tim mcgraw paying for da black kids tuition frhs suck that coach of thers that they call "the bruce" is stupid ricky bowers is 10 times da coach bruce is. bruh i b da best i going to vandy nex year and i gonna tear it up

You know, tracking an IP address to a physical location is not that difficult. And defamation of character is a civil tort. You might think twice before doing that again.

And you've managed to defame two people with just a few words.

Edited by MoonDogRex

You know, tracking an IP address to a physical location is not that difficult. And defamation of character is a civil tort. You might think twice before doing that again.

And you've managed to defame two people with just a few words.

Wow good luck taking on Ensworth and or Tim McGraw's legal team. According to a source within the Ensworth family this is being investigated by the school and they lack no resources. Smart move buddy.

Wow good luck taking on Ensworth and or Tim McGraw's legal team. According to a source within the Ensworth family this is being investigated by the school and they lack no resources. Smart move buddy.

Does Ensworth have a legal team? Not to condone what was said about them, but would they really go through the trouble of investigating this? I've seen alot worse things posted on coacht.

Does Ensworth have a legal team? Not to condone what was said about them, but would they really go through the trouble of investigating this? I've seen alot worse things posted on coacht.

Ensworth has an obligation to protect those who are generous enough to make significant financial contributions to their institution. They will and yes retaining legal council as a part of these obligations are standard procedure for any private institution with millions of dollars in endowments and other assets.

While perhaps not Exhibit A, this thread is indicative of the degeneration of many Division II discussions the past year or so and why some posters have abandoned engaging in any discussions lest they be ridiculed, threatened, etc. So, with that said as I dip my bloody toe into the shark-infested waters…

Was the original post politically correct, nice, etc.? No (and while it was rightfully removed, it is not automatically removed when it is quoted in a response, so perhaps a flag waver needs to inform a moderator to edit that quoted post to remove any evidence of it ). It would probably be unfairly dismissive to call this much ado about nothing – it is treading on some unpleasant territory – but let’s get real, folks. Civil torts? Legal council [sic]? I guess stranger things have happened, but if that’s the case, then our court systems all across the country better get ready for a flood of conceivable (yet equally frivolous) lawsuits and overbooked dockets for all of these electronic slams that occur by the thousands every day on message boards, newspaper sites, etc., which is the last thing we need. We need the court system available for the murderers and other vile transgressors of the world. And Lindsay Lohan (counsel has informed me that I am in the clear on that one).

Simon Says sayssimon asked a legitimate question (and yes, I know he is a “newbie†who made his “first post ever†and must be “a closet [insert school] fan lurking under another screen name who deflects attention from his own problemsâ€, but the CoachT IP Tracking Team will readily tell you it’s not me).

As the father of a teenage girl, it’s hard not to keep up with Justin Bieber. And for those not in the know, he has a presumably worthless paternity suit being dangled in front of him from a seemingly groundless fame/money seeker. His advisors have responded with a “we’re going to sue her for defamation…â€. Could he sue? Sure. Will he? Maybe; likely not. Hopefully The Biebs and his advisors have Googled the phrase “squeeze blood from a turnip†first. And yes, I myself have already Googled “it’s not about the money; it’s about the principleâ€. I get it.

As standard protocol, I now have opened myself up to the personal attacks that are sure to ensue, and the ironic validation of such when it does. I can take it (I’m a sarcastic son of a gun and am reminded by the Mrs. often about it). And, for bringing a Shakespearean, Lohanean, and Bieberean reference into one post, I probably deserve some blame for the aforementioned “degenerationâ€. But, have at it. I know lawyers, too (he said as he pounded his chest). It may not matter, though, because if all of these David vs. Goliath lawsuits go forward, then those are signs of the apocalypse that spell doom for us all.

(And for those of you without a trace of a sense of humor or understanding of what’s really important in life, put them on your Christmas list. These boards and this world need more.)