Pearl Cohn @ Smith County

glover

Pearl Cohn is a good team, without doubt. I think the game will resemble the contest 2 years ago much more than last years games. There are things that favor Smith County in this contest that I think, at the final horn Friday, will have the Owls the victor again. Will it be easy?? No way. CPA, in my opinion, should not have had to rely on a late FG block and favor from Pearl Cohn to win. Again, just my opinion. The Firebirds will pose some problems athletically. Smith County has a bit of ability, as well. For a small and slow country school, that is. :rolleyes:

I have witnessed how the Owls have approached games when they were clearly the underdog. They took care of business. I liked the way they approached the toss up games as they played well in them and took care of business. Even though they are the higher seed, a lot of people will favor Pearl Cohn to win this game. Looking forward to seeing what the Owls will do in the underdog role as they haven't been there yet this year. Go SC!

Pearl will be in this games no matter what there defense is that good...But if Pearl offense shows up like we've seen against East Lit Stratford Whites Creek and Cane Ridge... This game will be just like last years score... Not saying SC doesn't have a good team u don't go 10-0 if your not good... But i'll put PC defense against there offense any night and feel good about my chances...If PC offense shows up FRI this game want even be close if they don't I think PC will still have a chance to win but it will be a low scoring game.

Edited by FIREBIRD80

I see what you mean, FIREBIRD. The game 2 years ago was a defensive gem. With the only TD in the game coming on a trick play from SC. Last year's game was a 2 score game at the half and PC got the snowball rolling downhill in the 2nd half. SC had no answer. The Owls are definitely better than they were last year. Is PC as good?? That's the question I'm not sure the answer to.