Pearl Cohn @ Smith County

glover

#10 was sprinting at full speed coming out of halftime. I didn't realize he didn't play 2nd half. #5 seemed to be a situational player as a sophomore.

#10 is Williams, the starting RB and Safety - team leading rusher. You have to know him to understand why he was sprinting in 2nd half warmups. He's very intense. Don't know if he could have played or not, but the coaches obviously didn't want to risk more injuries. He didn't play the 2nd half.

#5 is Wharton. Played some 2nd half, but not as much as he normally would have. He is the team's playmaker, return man, and a shut down corner. When he is healthy, he is good for at least a TD a game, either scored or set up.

Mitchell, the QB, also got dinged up at Lipscomb and didn't play the 2nd half of the DL game. He played all of the PC game but was a bit gimpy. Usually runs the ball more.

The lineman that was out for the last few weeks should be back for the playoffs.

Again, everyone has some injuries this time of year. Can't use them as an excuse.

Enough on CPA - back to the PC/SC discussion.

No one from Gordonsville has done what Coach Rankin has done and he has done it with class. And what great teams he has had at three different schools. So get off your soap box.

or

Wow! Just had something good to say about someone and this is what you come back with! You must be very grumpy old carthage highschool man. I never mentioned anything about Coach Rankin and nor did I say anything negative. Sooooooo, since you brought this up and this is how you want to be, I'll play along. Coach Rankin was never able to do what someone from Gordonsville did and that is bring a State Title to his Alma Matter and that would be Coach Mark Medley. And before you even think about saying anything about it being "Class A" this was when there were only three Classifications and no Division II. That team was "Perfect" (14-0). It is also nice that Coach Medley has chance to play a role in what could be another Championship. You guys have an opportunity to get to that point this season and I really hope you do. I do not have a soap box just tell it like it is. Good luck Friday night!

or

Wow! Just had something good to say about someone and this is what you come back with! You must be very grumpy old carthage highschool man. I never mentioned anything about Coach Rankin and nor did I say anything negative. Sooooooo, since you brought this up and this is how you want to be, I'll play along. Coach Rankin was never able to do what someone from Gordonsville did and that is bring a State Title to his Alma Matter and that would be Coach Mark Medley. And before you even think about saying anything about it being "Class A" this was when there were only three Classifications and no Division II. That team was "Perfect" (14-0). It is also nice that Coach Medley has chance to play a role in what could be another Championship. You guys have an opportunity to get to that point this season and I really hope you do. I do not have a soap box just tell it like it is. Good luck Friday night!

Thanks for the history of Gordonsville football we never heard that before. Or have we? And you do have a soap box or you wouldn't be on our post.

vanleer...125 yards 35 carries...season low mathers 159 yards. Season low for him also...not pretty but they got it done...

Mathers had 179 against you (officially) and only 15 against Riverdale (injured). He also had 179 against Lavergne.

Vanlier had 125 against you...only 47 against Stratford...97 against BA...and 101 against Lancaster Christian.

Edited by Antwan

Smith co. is a whole lot better than last year and will win this game, as for Gordonsville they have a good team but if they played the owls 10 times they'd lose every time by 2 or 3 touchdowns. The ot was a fluke and will never play that close again.

I don't know where you're from or what, but it definitely wasn't a fluke. Hard fought game on both sides, and Gville outgained Smith. SC was the better team in the end.

Either way, Smith is playing Pearl Cohn this week.

I'll take Smith 27-13. Go Owls. :ph34r:

Edited by croz6110

I had to go back and look Chuckles. I couldn't find that anywhere. There ain't a barely won catagory. Maybe around Hickman,Sykes,Lancaster, Brush Creek, Stonwall, and the likes they have these catagorys?? Wins- Losses -and - Barely lost. :roflol:

I will say your right about 1 thing. The hole is a great place to watch a ball game. Friday night , good seats and plenty of room. Fireworks, Whistle, good crowds and PC will bring a heck of a band. Come on over, Mention my name, they may give you a discount, or even let you on free. Then again, they ban you for ever

I'll settle for a barely won.....again:roflol:

You misspelled Stonewall. :ugeek:

I don't know where you're from or what, but it definitely wasn't a fluke. Hard fought game on both sides, and Gville outgained Smith. SC was the better team in the end.

Either way, Smith is playing Pearl Cohn this week.

I'll take Smith 27-13. Go Owls. :ph34r:

You are right BB. Our game is over for this year. Time for both of us to focus on the real season. Ours starts this week. Kinda glad we don't have a bye like you.