Smyrna @ Franklin

milo118

Not sure about that either. All I know is it's a mounted field (water should flow off to sidelines), but the field has been dry lately and it might just be absorbed as well.

Wasn't there the for the first game. Wasn't even in the state. Heard that the field was sloppy and had some soggy spots like it holds water. Did it rain that day? Sometime during the week? Curious.

Had to put a lil friendly wager on with ex bulldog great sonny gray , I gave him Smyrna plus 4

His reply to my wager hahahahahaaaaaaaha

Looks like I will be getting my autographed ball come Saturday morning

LOL Now thats some funny stuff right there!!!! The real question is what does he get when Smyrna wins?

rebel0741 you obviously were not at the 1st meeting of our teams or you haven't seen the video posted on here and youtube by someone from williamson county, or you would know that the Bulldogs had few problems with this big man you speak of, nor any of the other defenders. there is one run by # 2 from SHS where I think he made 7 or 8 rebels miss as he went by them.

So let the ponies run milo

Lets Go Dogs!! Sic em!!!

Were you at the game? I just looked the stats up online, and #66 for Franklin (the player you are referring to I assume) had 8 tackles, 1.5 sacks, and 2 forced fumbles. To say Smyrna had few problems with him is just a false statement. And while the one long run by #2 was very impressive, he was not able to do much the rest of the night against the Rebels defense (hence the reason Smyrna only had 7 points on the board through 4 quarters). Let's not also forget that Franklin held the Bulldogs to their lowest offensive point total in regulation all season(yes, less than all the mighty Rutherford County schools). You still want to support your statement that the Bulldogs did not have trouble with any of the Rebel defenders? Stats don't lie. Should be another great game, unfortunately I won't be able to attend. I wish both teams the best of luck and no injuries.

Were you at the game? I just looked the stats up online, and #66 for Franklin (the player you are referring to I assume) had 8 tackles, 1.5 sacks, and 2 forced fumbles. To say Smyrna had few problems with him is just a false statement. And while the one long run by #2 was very impressive, he was not able to do much the rest of the night against the Rebels defense (hence the reason Smyrna only had 7 points on the board through 4 quarters). Let's not also forget that Franklin held the Bulldogs to their lowest offensive point total in regulation all season(yes, less than all the mighty Rutherford County schools). You still want to support your statement that the Bulldogs did not have trouble with any of the Rebel defenders? Stats don't lie. Should be another great game, unfortunately I won't be able to attend. I wish both teams the best of luck and no injuries.

Your correct the stats don't lie. Bulldogs had over 200 yards on the ground that night. Sounds like a pretty decent night as a team. At the time we were averaging about 130 yards a game unlike now where we are averaging nearly 200. Now i will give you credit you guys did limit our passing game. So by the stats your #66 did have a solid night but so did the Smyrna running game. So it looks like a wash. Here is what we can tell about that game. Niehter team could hold on to the ball. Franklin could pass it but couldn't run it. Smyrna could run it but could not pass it. Both teams played to thier strengths and the Bulldogs came out on top.

Edited by milo118

Gosh this forum is making me puke.

#1 - football kicker - get a life. No one cares about what you did in 2004, or what you claimed to have done and had your daddy pad your stats. It's tough to claim to be the best kicker in the state that year when you were the 2nd best kicker on that team. How was that college career? Oh wait, you couldn't cut it. As for "that other kicker" I seem to remember a much more successful career at MTSU, so you quiet now.

:oops:

#2 - Whoever rebel0471 is, you need to worry about practice and stay off of Coach T. It's obvious that you're on the team, and this needs to be the last thing that anyone from Franklin's team is worrying about.,

#3 - The difference in all of the turnover from the first game is simply this right here....Franklin committed most of their own turnovers (fumbles, muffed punt, etc) However the difference in Smyrna's turnover is that Franklin D FORCED them. There is a major difference there, something that most don't realize especially if they weren't at the first game.

Bottom line, that was week 5, this is playoffs round 1. Neither team is the same to this point. I thought that Williamson County were the vaunted ones, but Rutherford County is rather full of themselves.

How about everyone quit talking about the last game and move on to the current one since both teams are now 0-0 at this point? Smyrna did make a deep run at the playoffs last year, congrats, but give Franklin some credit where it's due. Franklin just recorded it's 100th win in the last 10 years, so I'd say that they've had some successes in recent years as well.

#1 - football kicker - get a life. No one cares about what you did in 2004, or what you claimed to have done and had your daddy pad your stats. It's tough to claim to be the best kicker in the state that year when you were the 2nd best kicker on that team. How was that college career? Oh wait, you couldn't cut it. As for "that other kicker" I seem to remember a much more successful career at MTSU, so you quiet now.

#2 - Whoever rebel0471 is, you need to worry about practice and stay off of Coach T. It's obvious that you're on the team, and this needs to be the last thing that anyone from Franklin's team is worrying about.,

#3 - The difference in all of the turnover from the first game is simply this right here....Franklin committed most of their own turnovers (fumbles, muffed punt, etc) However the difference in Smyrna's turnover is that Franklin D FORCED them. There is a major difference there, something that most don't realize especially if they weren't at the first game.

Bottom line, that was week 5, this is playoffs round 1. Neither team is the same to this point. I thought that Williamson County were the vaunted ones, but Rutherford County is rather full of themselves.

How about everyone quit talking about the last game and move on to the current one since both teams are now 0-0 at this point? Smyrna did make a deep run at the playoffs last year, congrats, but give Franklin some credit where it's due. Franklin just recorded it's 100th win in the last 10 years, so I'd say that they've had some successes in recent years as well.

I jus havin fun! Go ahead and puke cause I aint goin nowhere.

Your correct the stats don't lie. Bulldogs had over 200 yards on the ground that night. Sounds like a pretty decent night as a team. At the time we were averaging about 130 yards a game unlike now where we are averaging nearly 200. Now i will give you credit you guys did limit our passing game. So by the stats your #66 did have a solid night but so did the Smyrna running game. So it looks like a wash. Here is what we can tell about that game. Niehter team could hold on to the ball. Franklin could pass it but couldn't run it. Smyrna could run it but could not pass it. Both teams played to thier strengths and the Bulldogs came out on top.

and last game we showed we can run it to. gonna be a great game. :hungry:

I agree throw out the last game , the stats and all that junk it's the playoffs and it's a whole new beast. Line em up let em play , two evenly matched teams