Lexington vs. Page

LHS2012

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally free around a computer for 5 minutes to post.

First off, congrats to Page. From what I have gather via texts, it sounds like Page simply outplayed them.

It us a tough one though. This was a talented group of seniors. Most have thought they would be the group to get over that semi-final hump, and have thought it for 5+ years. Hate to see them go out like this, but it does happen. I had my doubts they could get past Maplewood, but I sure wanted to see them have a shot.

Oh well.

Tough loss for Lexington, but congrats to Page.

I've been involved in youth sports in Lexington for years. Everyone that I coached with knew this group was special. We always thought that if we were gonna win a championship, this group would get it. The good thing about it is most of the kids are juniors, the bad thing is that we lose a lot when we lose Kerry Sellers.

I'll be at the Liberty games now, sucks...but it is what it is.

I will add my two cents here as well. I am a lifelong Tiger fan...played there, have a kid going there now, and a couple more will go there in years to come. I want to say that I am proud of our team, and this group of seniors. They worked extremely hard, and as a former player I know the pain you kids are feeling knowing you may have played your last game of football. Keep your heads up guys. The lessons you learned in this game, are much more about real life, than they really are about football. I will say this to all of the posters that want to ridicule our team... Keep running your mouths, and stoop to the level of those that have offended you by doing the same. Two wrongs don't make a right, and by all indications, our "outspoken fan(s)" are probably not lurking these boards anymore anyway. Like one poster said, 10-0 is something within itself to be proud of. I have thought for the last couple of weeks, that something wasn't clicking right for our team, and that it would get us come playoff time. I didn't suspect that it would be so quick lol. Hats off to a well-prepared Page team. Best of luck to them, and the remaining teams in the playoffs. Let me add this though.... Most of us Tiger fans are very proud, yet humble football fans. We love our team tremendously, and support them through and through. Already looking forward to next years season.

Edited by Lhstiger91

I will add my two cents here as well. I am a lifelong Tiger fan...played there, have a kid going there now, and a couple more will go there in years to come. I want to say that I am proud of our team, and this group of seniors. They worked extremely hard, and as a former player I know the pain you kids are feeling knowing you may have played your last game of football. Keep your heads up guys. The lessons you learned in this game, are much more about real life, than they really are about football. I will say this to all of the posters that want to ridicule our team... Keep running your mouths, and stoop to the level of those that have offended you by doing the same. Two wrongs don't make a right, and by all indications, our "outspoken fan(s)" are probably not lurking these boards anymore anyway. Like one poster said, 10-0 is something within itself to be proud of. I have thought for the last couple of weeks, that something wasn't clicking right for our team, and that it would get us come playoff time. I didn't suspect that it would be so quick lol. Hats off to a well-prepared Page team. Best of luck to them, and the remaining teams in the playoffs. Let me add this though.... Most of us Tiger fans are very proud, yet humble football fans. We love our team tremendously, and support them through and through. Already looking forward to next years season.

You learn to let it go and let the idiots argue amongst themselves. Sadly, every fanbase has them, but some tend to be louder than others.