Coffee County Lady Raiders basketball 2011-2012

gwh

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definitely, Haley Meeks transferred to FC from Grundy County. I expect FC to improve tremendously through out the rest of the season. I can see them becoming a top 10 team in state.

Was she even an every-game starter before leaving Grundy?

Being a top 10 team is a big statement with teams like Riverdale, Clarksville, Science Hill and the Memphis area teams all in the mix.

Was she even an every-game starter before leaving Grundy?

Being a top 10 team is a big statement with teams like Riverdale, Clarksville, Science Hill and the Memphis area teams all in the mix.

We are talking about Franklin Co. here.. not AA basketball. Obviously, you haven't been following Franking Co. lately because they are playing the best basketball they have all season. With a great coach and their talent, they will only keep improving.

We are talking about Franklin Co. here.. not AA basketball. Obviously, you haven't been following Franking Co. lately because they are playing the best basketball they have all season. With a great coach and their talent, they will only keep improving.

top ten? Not many folks will believe that one. Great coach? Base on what?

Obviously you didn't read and pay attention as I mentioned Class AAA teams Riverdale, Science Hill, Clarksville and the top ones out of the Memphis area. You are the one expecting them make make a run for a top 10 level, basically a Class AAA state tournament type team. Coaching girls in the summmer that are headed to Tennessee and Connecticut is a lot different than rebuilding a program no matter the contacts made over the years, and with high profile transfer cases being eyed more closely in the past, you can't expect a dozen players to just coming running.

Obviously you didn't read and pay attention as I mentioned Class AAA teams Riverdale, Science Hill, Clarksville and the top ones out of the Memphis area. You are the one expecting them make make a run for a top 10 level, basically a Class AAA state tournament type team. Coaching girls in the summmer that are headed to Tennessee and Connecticut is a lot different than rebuilding a program no matter the contacts made over the years, and with high profile transfer cases being eyed more closely in the past, you can't expect a dozen players to just coming running.

Not that anyone disputes Riverdale's, Science Hill's, Clarksville's and the Memphis schools superiority in the standings, but there may be other teams that will try to challenge the standings before the end of season. Mt. Juliet is currently in the top 10, but could raise their standing quite a bit before all is said and done. Franklin County has been showing stronger, and each person is allowed their opinion.

A coach is a coach is a coach...regardless the season. Coaching girls basketball in Tennessee, especially Middle Tennessee is probably one of the more difficult task any coach could take on as a challenge whether it be a sizzling summer or freezing winter. I don't envy one of them, for the fire is pretty hot in any pan in this state.

Transfers...interesting topic. This past school year Oakland has one(eligible), Mt. Juliet has one(eligible), Riverdale has one(eligible), Franklin County has two(1 eligible, 1 non-eligible), and Smyrna has four(three eligible, 1 non-eligible). All the eligible players are playing, per the TSSAA and the two that are not know when they will be eligible to play per the same authority, the TSSAA.

Many of the girls on several of the TOP 10 current teams, do play together in summer ball and play well on a national level. It is increidble watching them bring back what they have learned on the road all summer to their home floors during school ball. It's then very interesting watching them compete against each other during school ball. And yes...someone HAS to coach them and those few coaches who get the opportunity to work with that talent in the summer, take that knowledge of coaching home in the school season to better their own players who they do not get to coach in the summer per the rules.

Regardless,of where a team stands now, when these and other strong teams from Middle Tennessee split up over Christmas, they were all some of the strongest teams in their perspective tournaments and some of those tournaments were noted as some of the toughest competition tournys in the USA.

For this you can be certain, when a team plays here in Middle Tennesse for the most part, everything is left on the floor by all the girls playing, by the coaches coaching and by the team mangers keeping them all watered up during the game. It's stiff competition and any one in the TOP 10 now should be very happy. Any team that works hard enough to move into any of those slots by the end of the season should be equally as proud. I, for one, do not think any team is resting on their laurels and as the season progresses, the natural objective is to plateau to their highest evolution. Sounds like a lot of great ball to watch for the fans of all the teams, and alot of hard, unseen work, for the young ladies we will all cheer for by State Tournament time.

Edited by onpoint

I could have thrown out about 10 more but the point was those and teams like those have proven a lot more than a team that's listed as 9-10 on here. Maybe it was not meant to across this way but the first person on this topic made it seem he felt a midseason transfer who had not even been starting regularly in a smaller classification was going to take this team to the state tournament. And no, that's not trying to make any insult at all to this player, a good, quality player who's played a lot of ball.

Some of the transfers mentioned are what's going to be make future transfers looked at more closely in my opinion. All the I's better be dotted and the T's crossed. The Signal Mountain football situation, also a reason for likely tighter enforcement.

I could have thrown out about 10 more but the point was those and teams like those have proven a lot more than a team that's listed as 9-10 on here. Maybe it was not meant to across this way but the first person on this topic made it seem he felt a midseason transfer who had not even been starting regularly in a smaller classification was going to take this team to the state tournament. And no, that's not trying to make any insult at all to this player, a good, quality player who's played a lot of ball.

Some of the transfers mentioned are what's going to be make future transfers looked at more closely in my opinion. All the I's better be dotted and the T's crossed. The Signal Mountain football situation, also a reason for likely tighter enforcement.

I guess we will find out around tournament time. Indian, I think you should be more worried that there isn't District 7 shut out in the Region 4 tournament. ;)