4a champions?

lexingtontigers

Being poor “hill peopleâ€, you’d think people would feel sorry for us and treat us a little better. I mean, other than our 30 million dollar school and performing arts center, multimillion dollar renovation of our stadium which included a million dollar “rugâ€, and back to back state championship appearances, we don’t really have too much to brag about. Maybe someday will move up in the world and be more like you.

Although I am on your side in your quest for a second straight gold ball and absolutely POUNDING Lexington if they get there, these comments you make are the ones that tend to make people call Greeneville fan "rich snobs". I DON'T AGREE WITH THAT, but throwing all the money up in your comment doesn't help the cause. I KNOW YOU WERE JUST REPLYING TO HIS MESSAGE, but sometimes you have to ignore stupidity. Good luck Greene Devils, I hope you get a chance to play that 10-0 Lexington team and show them who's best.

Being poor “hill peopleâ€, you’d think people would feel sorry for us and treat us a little better. I mean, other than our 30 million dollar school and performing arts center, multimillion dollar renovation of our stadium which included a million dollar “rugâ€, and back to back state championship appearances, we don’t really have too much to brag about. Maybe someday will move up in the world and be more like you.

And how much of that stuff came from anyone other than Niswonger himself? Having a philanthropic gazillionaire living in your community tends to help.

And how much of that stuff came from anyone other than Niswonger himself? Having a philanthropic gazillionaire living in your community tends to help.

Well, my taxes helped pay for the $10 million dollar math and science wing and gymnasium renovation, The Niswonger Foundation and the City of Greeneville paid for the Niswonger Performing Arts Center, and I'm pretty sure Bewley kicked in a pretty big chunk of change for the rug. We do have more than one rich booster up here in hillbillieland...

Well, my taxes helped pay for the $10 million dollar math and science wing and gymnasium renovation, The Niswonger Foundation and the City of Greeneville paid for the Niswonger Performing Arts Center, and I'm pretty sure Bewley kicked in a pretty big chunk of change for the rug. We do have more than one rich booster up here in hillbillieland...

I thought you lived in SC?

I feel fairly certin most, if not all of that (maybe the actual school stuff) doesn't happen at all if not for Niswonger himself. Let's not pretend otherwise. Greeneville is a nice city with nice people, but it's very fortunate to have him there.

Everyone who reads the 4A message board knows Lexington has the gold ball in the bag. There is no reason to play any games in the west and Greeneville does not need to cross the Holston River, unless they would like to see the coronation in Cookeville. As the astute bladerunner says "Call Balfour and start sizing the rings".

I can promise you Lexington hasn't seen a team as big, fast, and strong as Greeneville. I don't think Lexington really understands how dominate the Devils are this year, its almost scary.

I can promise you Lexington hasn't seen a team as big, fast, and strong as Greeneville. I don't think Lexington really understands how dominate the Devils are this year, its almost scary.

A few of the idiots that post on here may not, but I can promise you the staff and more knowledgable fans know exactly how good Greeneville is.

Although I am on your side in your quest for a second straight gold ball and absolutely POUNDING Lexington if they get there, these comments you make are the ones that tend to make people call Greeneville fan "rich snobs". I DON'T AGREE WITH THAT, but throwing all the money up in your comment doesn't help the cause. I KNOW YOU WERE JUST REPLYING TO HIS MESSAGE, but sometimes you have to ignore stupidity. Good luck Greene Devils, I hope you get a chance to play that 10-0 Lexington team and show them who's best.

My post was a sarcastic way of disputing the comments about us being banjo playing backwoods hill people that one of the posters tried to imply. I was in no way being arrogant about it, just wanted to point out that Greeneville is completely different than the stereotype that he was implying. I thought the post I quoted was evidence of my intentions.

I thought you lived in SC?

I feel fairly certin most, if not all of that (maybe the actual school stuff) doesn't happen at all if not for Niswonger himself. Let's not pretend otherwise. Greeneville is a nice city with nice people, but it's very fortunate to have him there.

I just moved to sc in July, but I still own a house in Greeneville( FOR SALE...CLOSE TO SHOOLS AND SHOPPING) and go there once a month...and Scott has done lots for a lot of East Tennessee Schools with the Niswonger Foundation and built a real nice Children's Hospital in Johnson City too! but a big chunk of change for GHS came from Kent Bewley as well.

Edited by barb

A few of the idiots that post on here may not, but I can promise you the staff and more knowledgable fans know exactly how good Greeneville is.

Solomon is right, this staff knows how hard its going to be to even get to Cookeville. They also know what Greeneville is going to bring to the table, but both teams still have to get there.

I wish all of this Lexington/Greeneville talk would stop. As good as both teams are, there are still a bunch of teams that have something to say about handing them both invites to the state championship game.