Best Freshmen Girls players in TN

goalie84

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with you soccercrazed...I think it is a mistake playing her in the goal even though I hear she is a great goalie. I also think that she has so much heart and love for the game, which are two things that can in some cases mean more than skill. I think her skill will stick and her will to win will carry her farther. I play with Stefanie and as a junior I look up to her style of play and frequently ask for her advice. She has so much potential and will continue to grow as a player over the course of the next three years. Even though her travel coaches feel that she is more effective in the goal, our coaches her at HH do a great job of recognizing her skill and potential she has as a field player. I know she wants to play in the field and I

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Franklin's Monica Dunham, hands down.

However, just for history's sake, if anyone reading this has followed high school soccer for the past 10 years, we will never again see a freshman as good as Ridgeway's Geniel Newbern was in 1998. My goodness, talk about unbelievable??? The Michael Jordan of girls soccer in Tennessee history.

Courtney Dunlap from DCA is an excellent player. Davidson Academy had only one junior and no seniors this past year. Several freshmen and sophomores are great players to watch out for in the future. :o