Brentwood vs Franklin Rd 2

ftballkicker

I agree, if your running the option and have a one dimension offense.... your QB had to be tough and your gonna get hit almost every play if the D gets off your blocks... Because regardless of the how believable the fake is, if you've played defensive line you know you cant always see through offensive linemen and if you see the OB's back you know you wanna knock him on his butt...

Also, its highschool...

i ain't gonna be perfect

ask the smyrna games refs

they mess up all the time

Edited by Combos

I'm calling Franklin by at least one TD, especially if they can get up early and force the pass. That would be huge as well as penalties. When this rebels team plays disciplined, they are hard to beat. Unfortunately penalties have been bad this year. It has gotten better as of recent though. One interesting tidbit about this game--Franklin won't have a band this Friday as they'll be traveling to Indianapolis. Apparently they're trying to get some type of alumni band together but I'm not sure what level of participation they'll have. Will certainly be a different atmosphere than normal at Howard Gamble Stadium come game time.

This is the problem with these boards. You can say anything you want and don't have to worry about accuracy or backing it up with facts. In this case I contend that the facts don't support what you are claiming. For instance, on the play where Franklin was called for a personal foul, the entire play didn't last 3 seconds and it was a clean hit before the whistle. Especially when you consider that the QB on numerous occasions gave the same look and motion and kept the ball. Am I disputing the call, no because it's a judgement call by the official and this one could have gone either way. Was it 3 seconds after the handoff, not even close. And at this point I could go into the numerous occasions when Kuiv was hit late or unnecesarily, but hey it's a football game.

Also, to really run the option effectively, the QB should be getting hit alot because he should be holding the ball until the last possible second to make the defenders commit, make the read, and keep or pitch.

Finally, I would wager that a Crawford coached team defenses the option the same way, go after the QB and make hiim keep or pitch. Either way the QB gets hit.

It was a good, hard fought game and I expect the same thing Friday night.

BubberM out

This is the problem with these boards. You can say anything you want and don't have to worry about accuracy or backing it up with facts. In this case I contend that the facts don't support what you are claiming. For instance, on the play where Franklin was called for a personal foul, the entire play didn't last 3 seconds and it was a clean hit before the whistle. Especially when you consider that the QB on numerous occasions gave the same look and motion and kept the ball. Am I disputing the call, no because it's a judgement call by the official and this one could have gone either way. Was it 3 seconds after the handoff, not even close. And at this point I could go into the numerous occasions when Kuiv was hit late or unnecesarily, but hey it's a football game.

Also, to really run the option effectively, the QB should be getting hit alot because he should be holding the ball until the last possible second to make the defenders commit, make the read, and keep or pitch.

Finally, I would wager that a Crawford coached team defenses the option the same way, go after the QB and make hiim keep or pitch. Either way the QB gets hit.

It was a good, hard fought game and I expect the same thing Friday night.

BubberM out

So according to opinion on this board of many if an option offense is run the QB can be hit at any time in the play from any direction. I guess that makes him the only person on the field that can be hit from behind, several yards from the play action, several seconds after he last touches the ball. Heck....he probably doesn't even have to touch it to be a viable target. I hope each of your sons plays QB some day.

So according to opinion on this board of many if an option offense is run the QB can be hit at any time in the play from any direction. I guess that makes him the only person on the field that can be hit from behind, several yards from the play action, several seconds after he last touches the ball. Heck....he probably doesn't even have to touch it to be a viable target. I hope each of your sons plays QB some day.

NO we gonna hit em in the face. Rebels win easier than all these on here think. D be hittin and the Wood cant cover our top guns. LETS GO REBELS!

I'm calling Franklin by at least one TD, especially if they can get up early and force the pass. That would be huge as well as penalties. When this rebels team plays disciplined, they are hard to beat. Unfortunately penalties have been bad this year. It has gotten better as of recent though. One interesting tidbit about this game--Franklin won't have a band this Friday as they'll be traveling to Indianapolis. Apparently they're trying to get some type of alumni band together but I'm not sure what level of participation they'll have. Will certainly be a different atmosphere than normal at Howard Gamble Stadium come game time.

If we get up early then it will be like I say 21-0 the wood cant throw all we got to do is stop Echetaboo boo :roflol: sorry man but that was funny

:hungry: GAME DAY :hungry:

Rebels ready to roll tonight. I dont see the wood being able to keep up with our O We should start fast and when they cant keep up then Rebels Rollin

REBEL D HITTIN

I have decided to agree with many of the others on this site. YOU ARE NOT VERY SMART or a kid that does not get to play.

although I will agree with one thing. I don't think Brentwood has the offense to keep up with you guys. Your QB made some great throws against us last week and if he plays well again tonight Brentwood has very little chance.

• Upvote 1

I have decided to agree with many of the others on this site. YOU ARE NOT VERY SMART or a kid that does not get to play.

although I will agree with one thing. I don't think Brentwood has the offense to keep up with you guys. Your QB made some great throws against us last week and if he plays well again tonight Brentwood has very little chance.

:mrgreen: