Brentwood vs Franklin Rd 2

ftballkicker

Hard to beat any team twice in a season in any football league or playoffs. That is why this Z Plan or whatever you call it is such a bad playoff system.....way too many match-up of district foes early in the playoff rounds.

Brentwood the last two seasons is a perfect example of how bad this playoff system is. Last season they win the district and don't even get a home playoff game and go out in the first round. So, because of Brentwood , the playoffs are changed in mid -stream and this season they finish 3rd and get to play a common district foe in the first round and win in the first round and then play another common district foe in the second round and win again. Have we found anything out about Brentwood except they can beat their district foes the second time around. Brentwood seems to have the luck of the draw in this playoff system this season, but got screwed last season and that has yet to make any sense to Hogan. This playoff system is changed every year as we find all it faults. What will we change next season with only one more year left with this mess, we hope!!!!

Another good example is Blackman playing Riverdale in the 2nd round last night...just not right!!! And why is Blackman and Riverdale going East and Siegel, Smyrna and Oakland going West....aren't they in the same town, last time I checked they were.

Hogan says there must be a way where district foes cannot meet until quarterfinals....who cares about travel, travel is good and players enjoy it. Just ask Lenior City who just came to Columbia and Cool Springs from East Tennessee and won both games.

Congrats to the Brentwood players and their coaching staff they are advancing with the system we have in place now....but there has got to be a better way out there. :popcorneater:

Well said hogan!

Well said hogan!

In my way of thinking, it wasn't broke when we had regions, but they changed it for economic reasons only.

Brentwood got hosed last year in the way it was drawn up; at least there was a compelling enough reason to rectify that mistake. It is strange playing two teams back to back that you've already played, but that scenario could've played out under the previous system as well.

Good job Friday night Bruins, play each snap like it could be your last-which is what the playoffs are all about. Trust me, once it's gone, it is gone forwever for the vast majority of players. No more tomorrows or next years.

I have to chuckle. . .each year there is always some knucklehead poster who is giddy about Franklin, aggravating posters with their illogical posts, and then have to eat crow. The names change, but I promise you, they sseem to be written by the same guy each year. Things never change. :roflol:

In my way of thinking, it wasn't broke when we had regions, but they changed it for economic reasons only.

Brentwood got hosed last year in the way it was drawn up; at least there was a compelling enough reason to rectify that mistake. It is strange playing two teams back to back that you've already played, but that scenario could've played out under the previous system as well.

Good job Friday night Bruins, play each snap like it could be your last-which is what the playoffs are all about. Trust me, once it's gone, it is gone forwever for the vast majority of players. No more tomorrows or next years.

I have to chuckle. . .each year there is always some knucklehead poster who is giddy about Franklin, aggravating posters with their illogical posts, and then have to eat crow. The names change, but I promise you, they sseem to be written by the same guy each year. Things never change. :roflol:

I guess I am the 'nucklehead' :thumb:

All I know is more I talk to everyone one thing for sure. brentwood = crawford franklin = clayton

better coaching = WIN