Obion vs. Covington

chs15

Great game by 2 great teams. Excuses, whining, and trash talking can be left at the door. I applaud all the young men who played their hearts out tonight. Anyone who wants to disrespect these teams and players needs to do it elsewhere. These kids......from both teams.......only deserve praise and admiration from posters on CoachT. Congrats to Covington.

Edited by PowerSet

Great game by 2 great teams. Excuses, whining, and trash talking can be left at the door. I applaud all the young men who played their hearts out tonight. Anyone who wants to disrespect these teams and players needs to do it elsewhere. These kids......from both teams.......only deserve praise and admiration from posters on CoachT. Congrats to Covington.

That was one heck of a game ...hated it had to end for OC tonight...but both teams left it all on the field tonight...Good luck to Covington the rest of the way...

GREAT GREAT ballgame. Congrats to the Chargers. Im glad OC went for the 2 point conversion. You play to win on the road. These teams would have went at it all night if someone didnt attempt it. Kudos to Coach Jackson for the gutsy call. It sucks for the kids who fought their hearts out, but they shouldnt hang their heads. Congrats Obion on a very good football season!!! GO REBELS!!!

As for those who kept saying Covington was about to blow the rebels out, get a clue! Good luck to Covington against Chester County! Bring back some hardware to District 13AA!

What a playoff game! I want to give credit to Obion County for a great game tonight. I thought the Chargers were in control leading at half-time 21-14, but OC played great in the second half. Y'all were even able to score on our offense, with the fumble return for a TD. Then again, the Chargers had the heart to come back and tie the game with a TD pass on fourth and 7 late in regulation. That was also a real winning play.

I thought the call by OC at the end (to go for two) was gutsy and it is what I wanted Covington to do at the end of the first overtime. And, if your guy could have made a tackler miss in the backfield, he might have won the game on that play.

I'm almost sorry somebody had to lose, but congrats to my Chargers for advancing. Now we will have to see about Chester County next week.

Edited by CHARGERFAN

Great Game, WOW. Congrats to the Rebels on a historical season. You have nothing to hang your heads about for sure. You have to have breaks in the game of life and just so happens it didn't go towards the Rebels way tonight. What a field dreams when it comes to players on the Rebel squad. O C has proven itself in powerhouse football and is now considered one of the front runners in 4 A football in western Tennessee. 2012 season will be here before you know it.

Edited by UCGRAD

What a game...

You go for the win on the road...Had Jackson not gone for two we could still be there right now...He did the right thing in my opinion...

What a game...

You got to give OC's defense credit...They made enough stops in regulation to win the game...The Covington drive that took all but 5-plus minutes off the 4th qtr clock wore the Rebels D out going into the two extra periods...Give Covington credit...They could have folded up their tents when Parr took that fumble back for a touchdown but they kept fighting...OC was 3 yards short of advancing and making history...

What a game...

As expected Covington took it. Thought OC kids responded well. Think their coach definitely hurt them numerous times, very poor judgement calls. Lucky to not have cost them in regulation several times. Poor play selection, unsound strategy on several occasions. Good game however but appeared OC was gaining the advantage late only to have it gone on one play. Tough loss for the kids. As for video Covington made, thought was reprehensible. Kids being kids is one thing, but adults involved should know better.

Let me correct,Covington took it is not the right wording, they survived.

Good game hate to see one lose.

Edited by StBentley

As expected Covington took it. Thought OC kids responded well. Think their coach definitely hurt them numerous times, very poor judgement calls. Lucky to not have cost them in regulation several times. Poor play selection, unsound strategy on several occasions. Good game however but appeared OC was gaining the advantage late only to have it gone on one play. Tough loss for the kids. As for video Covington made, thought was reprehensible. Kids being kids is one thing, but adults involved should know better.

Let me correct,Covington took it is not the right wording, they survived.

Good game hate to see one lose.

Yep....Would have been the same if OC had converted the two point conversion...

What do you think of the decision to go for two and what did you think of that particular play call ??...Would really be interested in lifetaker's opinion as well...

Yep....Would have been the same if OC had converted the two point conversion...

What do you think of the decision to go for two and what did you think of that particular play call ??...Would really be interested in lifetaker's opinion as well...

I think we should have went for two the first OT period. Poor play call on Covingtons part as well. They should have went for two. We Were struggling to stop them at end of game, especially short yardage. We were very fatigued on defense I thought. Even though I think are defense was 100% better than last meeting. As for are last play call. Ladevin had ran his butt off all night. But seemed the last two times we were on goal line or as close, Covington d hit him with seems like 9 guys. So I'm not against the final play call, putting the ball in another players hands.... but as bad as I wished we would have won. What a heck of a game it was. One of the best I've ever witnessed.. great season for the rebels and Hope to be back in playoffs next season as coach Jackson continues to build one heck of a program in obion county!!

I think we should have went for two the first OT period. Poor play call on Covingtons part as well. They should have went for two. We Were struggling to stop them at end of game, especially short yardage. We were very fatigued on defense I thought. Even though I think are defense was 100% better than last meeting. As for are last play call. Ladevin had ran his butt off all night. But seemed the last two times we were on goal line or as close, Covington d hit him with seems like 9 guys. So I'm not against the final play call, putting the ball in another players hands.... but as bad as I wished we would have won. What a heck of a game it was. One of the best I've ever witnessed.. great season for the rebels and Hope to be back in playoffs next season as coach Jackson continues to build one heck of a program in obion county!!

Very good post....

I hadn't really thought about going for it in the first overtime...I probably would have done what CSJ did and let the first OT play out...Was a little bit worried that the time-out called in the 1st OT was going to allow Covington to go for two then...I think he had to go for two in the 2nd OT...That game could have gone on all night and would have been decided on a turnover or a bad snap/hold on the PAT...Neither team was going to stop the other on four downs from 10 yards out...At least OC went down on THIER terms...I'm just not sold on entrusting anyone other than Fair,McGrew or Phipps with the whole season and school history on the line...

I'm glad you mentioned the defense because they made enough stops in regulation to win the game...These are just two very explosive offenses...