Morristown East at Morristown West Rematch

motownanddown

If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we'd all have a merry Christmas.

It seemed like Christmas for East in the regular season meeting with all the turnovers and field position West was handing out. IF West makes the same mistakes again they don't deserve to win, BUT they will be more focused and motivated this time around.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seemed like Christmas for East in the regular season meeting with all the turnovers and field position West was handing out. IF West makes the same mistakes again they don't deserve to win, BUT they will be more focused and motivated this time around.

Typical Trojan thinking. East had nothing to do with what happened on the field it was simply what West was handing out! If the fact they should have lost the first time is enough to motivate them then they certainly should be motivated.

Typical Trojan thinking. East had nothing to do with what happened on the field it was simply what West was handing out! If the fact they should have lost the first time is enough to motivate them then they certainly should be motivated.

I'm not saying East had nothing to do with it, I'm just saying it is unlikely they get that many huge breaks again. If they should have lost then they would have lost, but they played to the last whistle and came out with the win. Great teams find a way to win whether its an ugly win or a blowout its still a win, and the fact that they worked hard for a win and nobody is giving them credit for it has the Trojans pretty motivated to leave no doubt this time around.

Edited by motownanddown

I wasn't aiming that at just you. I read the pro East post before your pro West post. Both should have and could have's made me think of that line. I don't remember who said it for sure. I think it was Don Meredith. No offense meant to East or West. Just made that come to mind. Good luck to both and try to stay warm tomorrow night. Anybody know any teams playing in a dome? It's gonna be cold.

As a Eastfan, I think this game come down to coaching. Reg season game, Morristown East

out-played Morristown West for most of the game. Give Mo-West credit for making the plays

at the end.Coach Hatcher & his staff made some great defensive adjustment before that game.

East was giving up 300 yards a game against the run, before the West game.The last six weeks

Morristown East has played some great defense. We are really starting to hit people on both side

of the football. The most physical team normally win in rematch games!

1)which coach, Brown or Hatcher is going to make the correct adjustment from the 1st game.

For West- can they run the football better in this game? or will the need to pass more?

East-will have to stop West from running the football, or it will be a long night.

East's cannot afford costly turnovers(like QB center exchange) we need to hit just enought

passes to keep Mo-west from stacking the line of scrimmage. #1 must run like he has the last

few weeks. #1 use your speed on those sweeps, make one move & cut it up!

Morristown East is due, They win by 7 GO CANES!

Hey Nastridomous, are you ready to denounce Coach Hatcher and his staff? You said it came down to coaching. Or was it the refs fault? Or maybe it was too cold? As I said after our game, East will always be number 2 in it's on city.

Mr. T, you are right. It is more West's field