Jo Byrns 2012 Version

MOTO24

Moto we align just bout the same in our thinking, I will add a couple names to the lineman list, so to be Stetson Spain was real close this year to suffecient playing time, great motor and pretty dang aggressive, another kid that will be a fr is the kenjerski kid, now you talking bout an aggressive and jus plain nasty kid he's it,,,, watch this kid in the nxt few years,,, upcoming fr Taylor cox is your nxt J Tucker type kid at QB,,,, there are some upperclassmen to be sr's next year need to decide if they really wanna play JB football,,, personally a sence of urgency needs to come to the forefront as far as the offseason weight program is concerned and that falls into the laps of the coaches,,, another thing we have got to get much stronger to ever compete for a state title again, do we pocess the tools to do that ? Yes !!!! But the games are won in the offseason not 8 workouts on summer break, that's a joke !!!! The uppercalssmen to be better get with it or you will be asking yourselves why is a fr or soph starting B4 me....this spring would be finding some hitters and leaders, if your not a hitter or hold the potential then FB is prolly not for you ! Hard work will sho up ! One othe kid that's gunna play nx year will be Brian smith, Jonnys lil bro, he's got the correct mentality to be a good one....the cubbard is not bare, we need to use the resourses that are available to be the best we can be ,,,, there is a price to pay to be winners, it's called sacrafice !!!! Is JB's program up for that challenge ?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Moto we align just bout the same in our thinking, I will add a couple names to the lineman list, so to be Stetson Spain was real close this year to suffecient playing time, great motor and pretty dang aggressive, another kid that will be a fr is the kenjerski kid, now you talking bout an aggressive and jus plain nasty kid he's it,,,, watch this kid in the nxt few years,,, upcoming fr Taylor cox is your nxt J Tucker type kid at QB,,,, there are some upperclassmen to be sr's next year need to decide if they really wanna play JB football,,, personally a sence of urgency needs to come to the forefront as far as the offseason weight program is concerned and that falls into the laps of the coaches,,, another thing we have got to get much stronger to ever compete for a state title again, do we pocess the tools to do that ? Yes !!!! But the games are won in the offseason not 8 workouts on summer break, that's a joke !!!! The uppercalssmen to be better get with it or you will be asking yourselves why is a fr or soph starting B4 me....this spring would be finding some hitters and leaders, if your not a hitter or hold the potential then FB is prolly not for you ! Hard work will sho up ! One othe kid that's gunna play nx year will be Brian smith, Jonnys lil bro, he's got the correct mentality to be a good one....the cubbard is not bare, we need to use the resourses that are available to be the best we can be ,,,, there is a price to pay to be winners, it's called sacrafice !!!! Is JB's program up for that challenge ?

:bored:

• 2 weeks later...

Moto,

Not enough,especially considering how many players we lose.

We do lose a lot but considering that nearly all the other teams lose a lot as well, I like our chances. I think the current state of our program gives us an advantage over a lot of teams because of the continuity between the coaching at the middle school and high school. I think mentally the new players are better prepared to execute the plays more so than many other teams facing the same situation. I'll have to watch a spring scrimmage to get a better idea for sure but I'm still thinking we can be district champs and go further in the playoffs than we did this year.

I'd sure like to see a more run heavy Offence,,,, look at the teams winning the gold year after year, teams that can pound the FB... The lineman are conditioned for the grind, I jus think the spread creates a passive mentality, a sure need for some high energy and emotion woulnt hurt either,,,, we'll see... I think the Devils will get a district title and possibly 2 rounds in the playoff's... But heck what do I know...I would have bet the bank in 08 we woulnt have been in the title game either !!!

• 2 months later...

I'd sure like to see a more run heavy Offence,,,, look at the teams winning the gold year after year, teams that can pound the FB... The lineman are conditioned for the grind, I jus think the spread creates a passive mentality, a sure need for some high energy and emotion woulnt hurt either,,,, we'll see... I think the Devils will get a district title and possibly 2 rounds in the playoff's... But heck what do I know...I would have bet the bank in 08 we woulnt have been in the title game either !!!

Some teams run out the spread 85% of the time. thumb[1].gif I still don't particularly like the spread as a base offense though.

• 1 month later...