kingstons vic king retires after 26 years

jacketfan82

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heard that Gaddis was offered the position but has since turned it down.

Back to the drawing board.

Understand Gaddis has an outstanding resume' but why would you go with a coach that is pushing 60 knowing that he'll be looking for retirement very soon. The kids deserve stability, not a quick fix.

Don't be fooled by Joe's age, he is a fit 60 year old and an type A personality, he has a higher energy level than a lot of 40 year olds. If Kingston could have gotten 7-8 years of Joe, it would have been worth it.

Don't be fooled by Joe's age, he is a fit 60 year old and an type A personality, he has a higher energy level than a lot of 40 year olds. If Kingston could have gotten 7-8 years of Joe, it would have been worth it.

Don't disagree but have heard from sources that personally know Gaddis that he's looking to retire in 2-3 years and don't think that is what Kingston, or most programs should be looking for as a HC. My previous comments weren't meant to discredit him just because of his age. Just the stability part of the program that would have been a concern to me if I were a fulfledge Kingston football fan.

Don't disagree but have heard from sources that personally know Gaddis that he's looking to retire in 2-3 years and don't think that is what Kingston, or most programs should be looking for as a HC. My previous comments weren't meant to discredit him just because of his age. Just the stability part of the program that would have been a concern to me if I were a fulfledge Kingston football fan.

No doubt, this may just have been an opportunity for Joe to get a little raise in pay from the school he is at now. Get another offer from another school then the home school has to counter to keep their coach. He wouldn't be the first or last coach to use this method to obtain a bump in pay. Ask Alcoa! LOL

No doubt, this may just have been an opportunity for Joe to get a little raise in pay from the school he is at now. Get another offer from another school then the home school has to counter to keep their coach. He wouldn't be the first or last coach to use this method to obtain a bump in pay. Ask Alcoa! LOL

Don't think it was a ploy. When Joe came back to OR for the 20 year celebration that was held for the 1991 State Championship team he stated that he was looking to come back to TN.

Don't think it was a ploy. When Joe came back to OR for the 20 year celebration that was held for the 1991 State Championship team he stated that he was looking to come back to TN.

I agree with you. I also spoke to him when he was here that night. He said he liked NC OK but he would come back to Tennessee when the right job came open. He would have to give up his retirement to come back but he didn't seem to care. So its not about money. He also seemed as energetic as ever and said he wants to coach for years to come. I hope Kingston gets him.

I never stated it was a ploy, I know Joe wants to get back to this area (as I stated in an another post), but something must not have been to his liking to turn the Kingston job down. I'm a Joe fan and still wishes he was at Oak Ridge. I miss his energy and his style of coaching, he knew how to get the most out of his teams!

I never stated it was a ploy, I know Joe wants to get back to this area (as I stated in an another post), but something must not have been to his liking to turn the Kingston job down. I'm a Joe fan and still wishes he was at Oak Ridge. I miss his energy and his style of coaching, he knew how to get the most out of his teams!

I'm sorry, from where I come from if you apply for another job, which you never intend to take, just to get more money from your current employer is considered a ploy.