kingstons vic king retires after 26 years

jacketfan82

Cantwt84football you never heard a halftime speech because they didn't give those in band, When i said Kingston lost to Lenoir city and CAK and Alcoa i meant this year, every game they lost this year they should have. I played at Kingston in the late 60's and I have been watching Kingston football for a long time, my daughter graduated from Kingston in 89 and I currently have a grandson that plays middle school football right now , your right Kingston does have some middle schoolers that have talent, but i watched them scrimmage Alcoa middle school this year and they got crushed and that's the best middle school team that' been there since the early 90's. Here is the difference, Kingston may have a talented class that consist of maybe 6 to 10 players well CAK and Alcoa have 15 to 20, you cant compete with that, that 98 team was good with a lot of talent but bottom line is after 98 Kingston has won maybe 2 playoff games since then, the 2000 team was average at best, the best player on that team was Lance Moore, Kingston aint what it use to be it's never gonna have better players than Alcoa or CAK, its sad but true there are no d-1 players coming through Kingston. Being a Kingston alum I hope they get a coach that cares about the program and instills more discipline, not someone who is gonna leave in two years like pemberton does, besides how much can a guy from Rockwood care about the Kingston football program, I'm a Kingston guy and if your were to, you would definitely want someone who cares about this community and where the program is headed. Collier, Pankey, or wiley either one would do a good job with this program, I mean Cherokee had 60 players this year so that tells me Pankey is doing something right, he and collier both are qualified hometown guys who have done well in their coaching career that would be great for the community and this program.

If we do get a coach that's not familiar with Kingston football maybe you can give them a history lesson and let them know who we should and shouldn't beat. Less talent beats MORE talent every Friday night somewhere, IF it's COACHED to do so.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i havent heard,i talk to a few current players on facebook,so im sure ill know as soon as they do,havent heard anything but speculation about pemberton,but id put my chips on collier,vic was talking bout retiring about 4 or 5 years ago (speculation) but he wanted to draw more pension to retire on,no idea if thats true or not,but thats the same time collier went to webb.

I'm not a Kingston guy, I'm a CAK guy. So I really don't have a dog in this hunt so please forgive me for butting in. But my 2cents (thats not worth much, ha) is this. Most coaches can take a loaded team and be somewhat successful. A good coach can take that same loaded team and win big including championships. But it takes a great coach to take less talent and win big consistently. If you have a great coach and great talent, then your Maryville, ha. Selfishly I would worry if Kingston gets a great coach because then it makes things more difficult for my boys at CAK. I know we respect the Yellow Jackets and never take them for granted. But if I were at Kingston I would want a coach that the players could relate to. That will get them out of the halls and onto the football field. I would want a coach that has enthusiasm but also has a high football IQ and knows how to teach a scheme that is relevant to our modern area game. And most importantly, you need a guy of high integrity. You are trusting your kids to a man who will wield a great deal of influence over them through 4 very impressionable years of those young men's lives. I wouldn't be so concerned about the coach knowing about Kingston's history or if he is going to leave in 2 years or not. None of us are promised even tomorrow and the new coach will be capable of reading and listening to all who wish to tell him about Kingston football history. Good luck on your coaching search and I pray you find a man of great integrity and faith :thumb:

im excited to see who its gonna be,havent heard much past few days,havent heard about pemberton much,his season is over,collier is still coaching,so is brackett,but pankey isnt,i think if they knew it was going to be pankey they would of done offered him the job,so maybe it will be a different coach.

The job was just posted this past week on the TSSAA website. There is a mandatory process that must be gone through before a decision can be made. Don't remember what the job posting exactly stated but seems like interviews for the job won't be taking place until the 1st wk of December. Would expect an announcement to come sometime by Christmas school break. With that being said, I highly doubt anyone has been offered the job yet. Believe all of the above mentioned names would be considered, if, they are interested in the job. Factors to be considered; money, administration support, community support, teaching position available, and if an outside coach- will he be able to bring any assistants with him.

Going to be interesting to see how this search is handled and who in fact will be making the final decision.

If we do get a coach that's not familiar with Kingston football maybe you can give them a history lesson and let them know who we should and shouldn't beat. Less talent beats MORE talent every Friday night somewhere, IF it's COACHED to do so.

As far as giving history lessons or advice you seem to be pretty good at that yourself, being that you offered coaching names and ideas for over a week now I'm sure the principle will call you and get your input before they hire someone. Your right less talent does beat more talent somewhere every Friday, but not on a consistent basis.Coaches get to much credit when teams win and to much blame win they lose.

were coming after yall next yr football dad lol,i really just hope we get a coach with discipline,thats what we have lacked the past few years,i just hope the new coach cleans house with the assistants.when u have football coaches also coaching basketball,something is wrong here,its not the 60s haha.

Seems like you like making cute comments on here, Next time you see an assistant coach why don't you go up to them and tell them they need to be replaced and how bad they are and see how that works out for you, but you wouldn't do that, you would shake their hand and smile like you like them then get your smart phone out and post something negative on coacht about them. Better yet the ones that coach basketball as you stated are probably at the gym why don't you stop by there sometime and voice your opinion to them, now that would be funny Ha Ha!!! I wish it was the 60's because that would mean that Kingston would be dominating in football and basketball and not getting put out of the first round of the playoffs like they been doing for the last 11 years. This aint college where you get to bring assistants with you, who is gonna pay them, where they gonna work, you have to have teaching positions to bring people in or they could get someone like you to help them coach and let you instill some of that discipline your talking about. now that's funny!!!!!!

Edited by bigmo90

i see where this is going,your just backing the assistants,pankey especially,not sayin he wouldnt be a good coach,but when you cant stop a qb run all year or a pass over the middle then something is wrong,also im not stating any cute comments,just the truth,anything wrong with that? i dont think a coach shouldnt coach a sport he knows nothing about,thats like saying cak coach bradley coaches the tennis team at cak,i mean really? it just seems like your looking for a argument,so this is the last time i will acknowledge ur insane comments,this is a forum,not just about you,that means other people get to state there opinion rightfully,so my opinion is kingston needs a good coach,unless its collier,then they need to go after some1 elsewhere,and bring there own staff,the kingston buddy program has failed for many years now.i only want the best for the jackets,but when your not living up to the expectations year in and out then people are gonna be critical,especially the talent that has came through kingston since 1980s.

were coming after yall next yr football dad lol,i really just hope we get a coach with discipline,thats what we have lacked the past few years,i just hope the new coach cleans house with the assistants.when u have football coaches also coaching basketball,something is wrong here,its not the 60s haha.

We wouldn't expect anything less, :D But I must pee on your parade for just a second Mr.Jacket :lol: , CAK returns 10 offensive starters including all the OL, WR's, RB and QB. Only the FB graduates. Now we will lose several defensive players which will hurt, but there are some young guys that should be able to step in and help. Good luck with the coaching search. Remember playing schools like Alcoa, Polk, Loudon and other good teams on a regular basis will make you better if your players and coaches will embrace the challenge. No doubt that has been one of the key ingredients for us.

Edited by FootballDad

We wouldn't expect anything less, :D But I must pee on your parade for just a second Mr.Jacket :lol: , CAK returns 10 offensive starters including all the OL, WR's, RB and QB. Only the FB graduates. Now we will lose several defensive players which will hurt, but there are some young guys that should be able to step in and help. Good luck with the coaching search. Remember playing schools like Alcoa, Polk, Loudon and other good teams on a regular basis will make you better if your players and coaches will embrace the challenge. No doubt that has been one of the key ingredients for us.

Don't worry - I am sure that CAK can 'recruit' some good D players before next year!