kingstons vic king retires after 26 years

jacketfan82

He does not know, he just saying that hoping he is. I know some of his kin folks and they told me they don't see him coaching at Kingston

Jet you my be right. I keep hearing he's in but you know how rumors are :mellow: I know Mark but haven't talked to him in along time. Seems like a good move to me if he wants to be closer to home.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

u gotta love rumors lol,pemberton will be a good hire,but im sure kingston will keep in in the family as goose states,it will be robbie collier,whenever webb didnt play,he was on the sidelines at the kingston games,vs oliver springs,and i think lenior city also,why would he be on the sideline and not the stands? if they hire in family it should be collier,he coached our defense,hes tough,and wants to win,and learned from meske at webb,i know for certain he wont let the kids stand around and goof off in the weightroom,and kids better get used to running,alot,pankey doesnt make as much sense,he threatened to leave if hes not head coach,cya,why would be hire him as a head coach when his defense couldnt stop a mobie qb all year,made stone memorials qb look like tim tebow,that wouldnt be a good hire.id say robbie collier,pemberton is a long shot.

u gotta love rumors lol,pemberton will be a good hire,but im sure kingston will keep in in the family as goose states,it will be robbie collier,whenever webb didnt play,he was on the sidelines at the kingston games,vs oliver springs,and i think lenior city also,why would he be on the sideline and not the stands? if they hire in family it should be collier,he coached our defense,hes tough,and wants to win,and learned from meske at webb,i know for certain he wont let the kids stand around and goof off in the weightroom,and kids better get used to running,alot,pankey doesnt make as much sense,he threatened to leave if hes not head coach,cya,why would be hire him as a head coach when his defense couldnt stop a mobie qb all year,made stone memorials qb look like tim tebow,that wouldnt be a good hire.id say robbie collier,pemberton is a long shot.

If you have the opportunity to get Coach Pemberton you don't "keep it in the family" just because it's easy. Coach Pemberton wants to get the family back in this area. I think if you can get Pemberton it would be foolish not to. This program needs a overhaul, not just a tune up.

Couple things. First Collier has always been on the Kingston sidelines or on top of the booth when Kingston plays and Webb doesn't, not just this year. In regards to Pankey, never heard him make that threat/comment and I've coached with and been around him quite a bit. "his defense"- Don't believe Pankey is the DC. Pankey's primary coaching position was D-Line/Ends, not LB's or secondary. Of course, I could be mistaken.

Several quality coaches that have been mentioned (Collier, Pankey, Brackett, Pemberton) that would do a good job with the program. By the time the playoffs are over, there could be more names added to the mix. Until then, everything is speculation and rumor.

It sounds like to me jacketfan82 has it all worked out, maybe you should be on the hiring committee. I saw you made some statements about getting things back the way they use to be when you played, is that why you all never made it pass the first round, or was it because you worked so hard in the weight room because we both know that would be a lie, coach collier would be a great hire but why would you leave a program like Webb, they better facilities, better support, more money, and better athletes and that equals state championships. Bottom line Kingston got beat by teams that they should have gotten beat by CAK, Alcoa and Lenoir City are all better teams, Maybe Kingston should have beat Polk, didn't see the game. Kingston aint what it use to be and as long as they are playing in the same reegion as Alcoa, and CAK then they will be playing for 3rd place with Loudon. You guys are hilarious, all these football gurus, you should go put in your resume jacket82, ,maybe kingston will get back to what they was in 2000, oh I forgot they are cant make it past 1st round. Good luck to coach King, he deserves it.

It sounds like to me jacketfan82 has it all worked out, maybe you should be on the hiring committee. I saw you made some statements about getting things back the way they use to be when you played, is that why you all never made it pass the first round, or was it because you worked so hard in the weight room because we both know that would be a lie, coach collier would be a great hire but why would you leave a program like Webb, they better facilities, better support, more money, and better athletes and that equals state championships. Bottom line Kingston got beat by teams that they should have gotten beat by CAK, Alcoa and Lenoir City are all better teams, Maybe Kingston should have beat Polk, didn't see the game. Kingston aint what it use to be and as long as they are playing in the same reegion as Alcoa, and CAK then they will be playing for 3rd place with Loudon. You guys are hilarious, all these football gurus, you should go put in your resume jacket82, ,maybe kingston will get back to what they was in 2000, oh I forgot they are cant make it past 1st round. Good luck to coach King, he deserves it.

bigmo90, its your kinda thinking that runs programs downhill fast. What were the 3 teams that "should have beat" Kingston in 2000 because CAK, Alcoa, and Lenoir City weren't on the schedule that year? Teams you should lose to... are you kidding me, were you the one giving the half time speeches this year? LOL... shouldn't laugh though it's really sad.

that guy is a idiot,str8 up,do ur facts,3 str8 region titles.and a state runner up in my class,no i do not have it figured out,no1 does,but im giving my opinion,i think kingston should hire outside the program,because collier and panky will be just like coach king,run,run,run,but they will have more discipline,and with kingston talent every year with the right development,and coaching they can compete with the big boys,so stop being a hater,and get ur stats right,my class wasnt the past few years.

Cantwt84football you never heard a halftime speech because they didn't give those in band, When i said Kingston lost to Lenoir city and CAK and Alcoa i meant this year, every game they lost this year they should have. I played at Kingston in the late 60's and I have been watching Kingston football for a long time, my daughter graduated from Kingston in 89 and I currently have a grandson that plays middle school football right now , your right Kingston does have some middle schoolers that have talent, but i watched them scrimmage Alcoa middle school this year and they got crushed and that's the best middle school team that' been there since the early 90's. Here is the difference, Kingston may have a talented class that consist of maybe 6 to 10 players well CAK and Alcoa have 15 to 20, you cant compete with that, that 98 team was good with a lot of talent but bottom line is after 98 Kingston has won maybe 2 playoff games since then, the 2000 team was average at best, the best player on that team was Lance Moore, Kingston aint what it use to be it's never gonna have better players than Alcoa or CAK, its sad but true there are no d-1 players coming through Kingston. Being a Kingston alum I hope they get a coach that cares about the program and instills more discipline, not someone who is gonna leave in two years like pemberton does, besides how much can a guy from Rockwood care about the Kingston football program, I'm a Kingston guy and if your were to, you would definitely want someone who cares about this community and where the program is headed. Collier, Pankey, or wiley either one would do a good job with this program, I mean Cherokee had 60 players this year so that tells me Pankey is doing something right, he and collier both are qualified hometown guys who have done well in their coaching career that would be great for the community and this program.

Edited by bigmo90

Cantwt84football you never heard a halftime speech because they didn't give those in band, When i said Kingston lost to Lenoir city and CAK and Alcoa i meant this year, every game they lost this year they should have. I played at Kingston in the late 60's and I have been watching Kingston football for a long time, my daughter graduated from Kingston in 89 and I currently have a grandson that plays middle school football right now , your right Kingston does have some middle schoolers that have talent, but i watched them scrimmage Alcoa middle school this year and they got crushed and that's the best middle school team that' been there since the early 90's. Here is the difference, Kingston may have a talented class that consist of maybe 6 to 10 players well CAK and Alcoa have 15 to 20, you cant compete with that, that 98 team was good with a lot of talent but bottom line is after 98 Kingston has won maybe 2 playoff games since then, the 2000 team was average at best, the best player on that team was Lance Moore, Kingston aint what it use to be it's never gonna have better players than Alcoa or CAK, its sad but true there are no d-1 players coming through Kingston. Being a Kingston alum I hope they get a coach that cares about the program and instills more discipline, not someone who is gonna leave in two years like pemberton does, besides how much can a guy from Rockwood care about the Kingston football program, I'm a Kingston guy and if your were to, you would definitely want someone who cares about this community and where the program is headed. Collier, Pankey, or wiley either one would do a good job with this program, I mean Cherokee had 60 players this year so that tells me Pankey is doing something right, he and collier both are qualified hometown guys who have done well in their coaching career that would be great for the community and this program.

cantwt84football might be MUCH closer (and more involved) in Kingston football than you think!

You aren't the ONLY one that played football! Now tell us how good you were!