Chattanooga Basketball....... who?

bbsdad99

McCallie is definitely worthy of the talk, 75-51 final. They made 5 threes in the first quarter and got ahead by 11. 39-24 at the half. 58-35 after three. Sequatchie got it back to 15, 60-45, a couple of minutes into the fourth but McCallie built it back up before complete groups of reserves for both sides hit the floor late. McCallie was not smothering on defense the way I've seen from teams like Howard but Seq has pretty good ball handling and can find the open player. Sequatchie did some good things especially considering the opposition, more on offense. Seq's Cartwright (9-19 FG after a slow start from the floor) and Frederick each scored 19 with Frederick using his size to help get to the foul line.

As for where their players come from, whether it's Atlanta or wherever, since they're Division II it shouldn't be a big deal as long as there's no out-and-out cheating/recruiting involved. One thing I don't like is Division I private schools having players from across state lines but that's another issue.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's really sad about your comments is that of the 12 players that McCallie dresses, only 3 are boarders. That means 9 are from the Chattanooga area. So I'd be careful in saying that McCallie has recutited and play only Atlanta kids.

Local kids can/are boarders as well......Baylor really doesnt need to bring up ONE THING about recruiting.......

• 2 weeks later...

Howard beats Brainerd again>>>Moose has been whipping up on Robert High the entire time he has been at Howard>>>However Roberta never gives moose his credit>>>saying He gave them an early Christmas present>>>> Learn some class please take your whippins like a man... Howard had you 17 TO 5 AT one point and you had the lead for all of 3 s3conds!!!! get real and RETIRE

Howard beats Brainerd again>>>Moose has been whipping up on Robert High the entire time he has been at Howard>>>However Roberta never gives moose his credit>>>saying He gave them an early Christmas present>>>> Learn some class please take your whippins like a man... Howard had you 17 TO 5 AT one point and you had the lead for all of 3 s3conds!!!! get real and RETIRE

Well said, t-Mac. The sooner brainerd folks can get past the coach High era, the sooner brainerd can re-establish themselves as competition against teams like Howard.

't-mac'...Howard plays Baylor tonight and Tyner on this Friday...how do you think they will do?.

1. McCallie

2. Howard

3. Ooltewah

4. CSAS

5. Brainerd

6. Red Bank

7. Soddy-Daisy

8. Baylor

9. Grace

10. CCS

This is just Hamilton County.

Before all is said and done this "opinion poll" will change like the weather. After the Baylor-Howard game last night, Baylor is probably a top-five team. CSAS and CCS probably don't need to be included...and yes, at this point in time the "RAMS" should be.

We should know where we stand after the Howard game on the 9th and the Brainerd game on the 16th!!!

Ooltewah beats Bradley last night . It should have been more but everyone knows when you go to Bradley the refs always exercise their will on the outcome of the game. Pace of the game way to fast for those zebras. Bradley has a deep bench and plays very hard. They were missing Copeland and Stovall. Does anyone know if Stovall is going to play this year? Ooltewah was also missing a starting guard who was out due to injury.

Owls play Rhea friday night at the Barn. I have not heard much about Rhea. Anyone??

Ooltewah beats Bradley last night . It should have been more but everyone knows when you go to Bradley the refs always exercise their will on the outcome of the game. Pace of the game way to fast for those zebras. Bradley has a deep bench and plays very hard. They were missing Copeland and Stovall. Does anyone know if Stovall is going to play this year? Ooltewah was also missing a starting guard who was out due to injury.

Owls play Rhea friday night at the Barn. I have not heard much about Rhea. Anyone??

Stovall is out for the season. Word is he will go ahead and have the surgery so as to be ready for football next fall. Bryce Copeland is supposed to be back the 16th.

I heard/seen all wanted about them tonight..........there very well coached and can shoot well!!!