Maryville vs. Sevier Co.

Red Rebels

'82 could ewe putt a little red inn thair innsted ov tha purpull??..... :unsure:

I just grabbed the pic off the Internet...Mrs. Ware didn't teach us computer graphics in art...they probably had that class at Allenwick Tech.

I have to give credit for the idea to Rebel5Star, he came up with that one at the game tonight. He would like to see a Bear being sucked into the Black Hole...maybe someone can tweak this pic.

Excellent Game Maryville. Destroyed my Smoky Bears. Best team in the state I have seen of course. Defense does not miss tackles and GQ's offensive scheme was wonderful. Hope all of you're players are healthy and you bring the Golden Ball to East Tennessee again. I am sure all of the East will be cheering you guys on. GREAT PROGRAM and very classy fans and ball players. Good Luck Rebs. :thumb:

Wow! Just wow! Congrats To Maryville, must be one heck of a football team.

Yes very much so. I enjoyed watching Maryville play the game, They played very fundamental and is very well coached. They are a beacon for all DB and SCHS to stride to be. And no doubt Coach Clark may have won the game for you after all. Saved his players the drubbing and gave it to SCHS instead. LOL.. But overall they are a sight to be watched. :roflol:

Excellent Game Maryville. Destroyed my Smoky Bears. Best team in the state I have seen of course. Defense does not miss tackles and GQ's offensive scheme was wonderful. Hope all of you're players are healthy and you bring the Golden Ball to East Tennessee again. I am sure all of the East will be cheering you guys on. GREAT PROGRAM and very classy fans and ball players. Good Luck Rebs. :thumb:

The Smoky Bears never gave up. Great crowd and classy fans also.

Have stayed out of the thread all week cause there just isn't much to add. For the sake of brevity I just cut and pasted what I orginally posted in the SC/DB thread last week.

"Having said all of that I believe the winner will enjoy its last playoff victory this year cause nobody is getting within a sniff of the Maryville team I saw that demolished Farragut. Wouldn't be surprised if the Rebels don't let anyone play them within three touchdowns on their way to another gold ball.

"

and

"My comment is not a slight of either of our teams as both DB and SC are pretty good in their own right. However, after having seen Maryville a couple of times this year they are playing a different game then the rest of us. Take your running game and our passing attack and combine that with a very good defense and kicking game. Then throw in a great coaching staff who always seems to have the Rebels prepared and well......I just don't see any weaknesses....anywhere. Yea a football is not round and can take a weird bounce and all but unless something crazy happens like a ton of turnovers or key injuries occur I will be shocked if Maryville is seriously challenged this year. I believe they are that good."

Nothing more to add after tonight. Boys versus Men. Riverdale your next.

Congrats maryville on another gold ball