Oneida @ Oliver Springs

Thanks Champ, & Cleatless, man you all scare me to death. Because you always know when you play the Indians you better bring it for 4 qtrs. I still compliment you guys and your team because win or loose you all are first class people. Congradulations on a fine season and thanks for your well wishes, hopefully we can represent dist. 4 well next week. Pujo I saw someone with a Hampton jacket on at the game was that you?

Nah ,I never made it,I got an invite but had things going on with my kids. Good luck next week. I'll agree with you about the Oneida people,great bunch.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll agree that Oneida is nothing but a classy program with classy players, coaches and fans. Oneida is always one of my favorite trips to make, partly because I get to see a camel, but mainly because they do things the right way.

As far as the game tonight, congratulations to the Bobcats. Just kept making big plays. The 30-yard touchdown pass from Mille-to-Nelson was one of the best set-up plays I've ever seen. They hooked up on a pair of hitches earlier in the drive against man coverage then they run a hitch-and-go and the Oneida DB jumped the hitch and he had no over the top help which led to an easy score.

I'm sure OS will be an underdog next week, but anything is possible.

Edited by goosevol

Thanks Champ, & Cleatless, man you all scare me to death. Because you always know when you play the Indians you better bring it for 4 qtrs. I still compliment you guys and your team because win or loose you all are first class people. Congradulations on a fine season and thanks for your well wishes, hopefully we can represent dist. 4 well next week. Pujo I saw someone with a Hampton jacket on at the game was that you?

Pujo in a Hampton jacket at a football game? Naw, that would never happen, if he were to show up at a football field in an attempt to watch a game in anything but the KC gear the earth would open up & swallow the field to prevent such a catastrophic event from occurring :roflol::roflolk:

Seriously though as for the game, it sounded brutal, lots of ups & downs for both sides but seemed like Oneida just couldn't ever get going on O. Props to OS for that, a good D will make you look like you're shooting yourself in the foot, even if you're not. Defense did well early but again props to OS on the adjustments as the game wore on. It kinda worked out like most of us thought, pretty close game that I think could've went either way. OS earned it & deserve it. Oneida players & staff. . . ah heck y'all know, I ain't even gonna say. OS, y'all are still playin' so you ain't outta nothing yet. Bear down & prep hard this week. Do you have any idea what a PRIVILEGE it is to practice on Thanksgiving Day? Only 4 2A teams in the state will be doing it this year & you're 1 of 'em. Give it all you got & go do the dang thang. Know this, Oneida will be pullin' for you & while most of us don't have much purple & gold hanging around if you look up & see speckles of Orange & White. . . you'll know what it means :thumb:

Congrats to the Bobcat players, coaches, and fans! That was a great game last night! Crow you said it right when you said it is a PRIVILEGE to practice on Thanksgiving. People dream of doing what these players are able to do this week. I know you will be the underdog, but if you all will play with the same heart you played with last night you can do it. I also want to thank the former OS players that were there last night. You guys are a big part of this too. You all hung in there when times were tough and helped to build what we have right now. I want to see a capacity crowd Friday, because a home semifinal game just does not happen around here. Support these players and coaches. They have been through so much and have worked so hard.

As for the game it was a good clean game between two evenly matched teams. The bobcat defense looked great and I think that was the best play calling I have seen all year. Those boys came out after halftime determined to win this game. I was worried after Oneida scored to make it 13 to 10, but we came right back and drove it down the field.

My hat is also off to Oneida. You all are the classiest bunch we play. You all will be something to be reckoned with next year, so keep your heads up.I hope to see some orange in the stands Friday night.

Edited by 4th&goal

I was worried after Oneida tied it up 13 to 10, but we came right back and drove it down the field.
In my book 13 to 10 is not tied. OZ was never behind in the game. Oneida came close when Oneida scored a touchdown to bring the score within 3. The OZ defense worked well, the Oneida defense worked. It was good game between two good teams.

You either meet yourself...or your dont. There is no amount of grain or herb that will cross this path. You either LOOK in the mirror OR you turn away. I have watched so many kids CRAP away so much skill, what can you do? Just let it slide thru your fingers like so much sand while thousands of folks are screaming at you! Whatever!

My boys aren't gonna play ball, Too bad, who FREAKING CARES!... we are a dying breed, last century, tired old farts! Oh well. Last one out, burry the standard.

Holy Cow Batman, What'ssssss Up Smashmouth????

Reading throught this thread, enjoying the comments about the game and how each school respects one another, and how the Oneida fans, players, and coaches are among the best around (which I agree with totally). Then I get to the last page and your posts! What gives, the cars broken into is a shame and disgrace, but, you don't know who is responsible for those actions, it could be anybody from anywhere, and even if it were OS residents who are to blame, that doesn't mean the whole community is to blame. Unfortunately, these types of people LIVE EVERYWHERE even in the Oneida community. I do know that the school has cameras posted all around the outside of the school, I'm sure there are, or can be reviewed.

Good Luck to Oneida next year, I'm glad OZ and Oneida play every year now, win or loss, it's always a great high school football game.

Edited by catback

Holy Cow Batman, What'ssssss Up Smashmouth????

Reading throught this thread, enjoying the comments about the game and how each school respects one another, and how the Oneida fans, players, and coaches are among the best around (which I agree with totally). Then I get to the last page and your posts! What gives, the cars broken into is a shame and disgrace, but, you don't know who is responsible for those actions, it could be anybody from anywhere, and even if it were OS residents who are to blame, that doesn't mean the whole community is to blame. Unfortunately, these types of people LIVE EVERYWHERE even in the Oneida community. I do know that the school has cameras posted all around the outside of the school, I'm sure there are, or can be reviewed.

Good Luck to Oneida next year, I'm glad OZ and Oneida play every year now, win or loss, it's always a great high school football game.

I was kinda wondering what had ole Smash's hackles up myself but I know a few things about him. First & foremost he is an extremely passionate person when it comes to family, football, especially The Indians & The Steelers. Second, he's not one to wait to post when he has calmed down, his passion lays close to the surface & he's gonna put exactly what's on his mind in his posts, no sugar coating added. Lastly, he will simmer down & when he does he will be back on here to post again. He may elaborate on what has him riled up if he feels the subject matter is appropriate. Smash ole buddy, hope all is well with you & yours.